Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Sandow was great as the Intellectual Savior of the Masses, The Rhodes Scholars (even though Cody's moustache was LOL) was entertaining, and his work as Mizdow was great because you knew they were burying him but he got over AF. The fact that him winning MITB didn't end up with him winning the Gold belt and eventually Cody going over him was typical stupid ass WWE. Cody was super over in that MITB and to those saying it was a fluke that is bullshit as Cody picked up again that fall feuding with his brother and dad against The Shield as that was probably the best stuff on WWE programming at that point (with Punk/Heyman feud using Ryback and keep fucking over Daniel Bryan). Instead we get one armed Cena burying Sandow and a shitty Cena/Orton biggest title match in company history which the only good thing to come out of it was the crowd drowning out Steph and Paul McMahon and Punk's reaction to H Cubed as the greatest champion.

Just like Ryder and Rusev not supposed to get over. Then again neither was Punk or Bryan.
WWE was burying Sandow before he even stepped foot in the ring with Cena. He was losing every match on TV (he even lost to Santino) and he was made to look like a geek in his feud with Cody where he didn’t even get a single victory over Cody. Cena has been beaten down far worse by Brock Lesnar and was able to overcome the odds so it shouldn’t be far fetched for him to beat Sandow.

Cena/Orton happened a couple months later, WWE chose to throw Sandow in the bushes to continue Cena’s feud with Del Rio.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It truly amazes me how booking can so oftenly change the perception of multiple talents in general, main event or otherwise.

Sandow was hardly ever made to look like someone the fans should take seriously. Not counting his run in TNA, his WWE run saw him constantly look the part of the fool. With the exception of jobbers, he was never made to look impressive or as a threat to virtually anyone relevant on the roster. From being set up to be destroyed by DX, to losing most matches on TV, to pairing up with Cody to form a pointless tag-team with no heat, winning the MITB match to arguably even worse booking than he was subjected to before, and finally jobbing to John Cena whom just came off elbow surgery, AND whom wrestled Del Rio in Hell in the Cell no less... is it really any surprise Sandow's career dead-nosed spiralled into nothingness? Really? :/

I still remember the time Foley pathetically tried to justify the booking decision by claiming he lost most of his biggest matches!! Never mind the fact Foley wasn't known for wrestling opponents whom just came back from major surgeries, and even when coming up at the losing end, HE STILL gave many of them some of the best brawls/matches of their respective careers!! That's hardly a fuckin' comparison worth making there Mick! XD

While Sandow wasn't perfect, he was more than competent at portraying his first gimmick. While not a 5-star, in-ring general, he wasn't anywhere near as bad as people are making him out to be right now. A character like his original heel one would be best suited for Edge type booking, having the character use his mind to win matches, and using his advanced intellect to gain psychological advantages over his opponents during feuds.

Ultimately, I can't accurately state what Sandow's max ceiling could have been. All I know is I like what I saw from him during his initial run, before it all went straight to hell of course. Could he have been a main eventer? Probably not, though some evolving of his original character might in fact have made this possible. A dependable upper midcard guy, or consistent contender for the US/IC titles? I strongly believe as much, and will happily defend this point from here to kingdom come.

·
Registered
352 Posts
He would be a good substitute for AJ Styles or another RAW star while they’re absent. I would actually like to see Sandow vs Mycintire or Sandow vs Owens or Rollins. He’s only 37 years old, he has 5 more years left on him until he’s past his prime.

Where is AJ going?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Loved him with the Intellectual Savior gimmick... Mizdow was fun... His run in TNA was brutal and he was exposed as pretty bland in the ring

41 - 48 of 48 Posts