Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Regardless, his run in TNA proved that he wasn't as good as people thought, everybody always blames WWE for guys not reaching their potential but when they go somewhere else and still don't become stars whose fault is it then? Somehow it's never the talent's faults.
Ok... you got me there.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts
I really liked the guy but I'm biased as he is a Killer Kowalski trainee. He turned whatever crap they gave him into gold.

·
Mr Big Shot
104 Posts
I'd say No. I've watched his work with NWA he is out of shape, and belongs on a show like NWA. I don't think he has anything to offer WWE.

·
Registered
522 Posts
He would be a good substitute for AJ Styles or another RAW star while they’re absent. I would actually like to see Sandow vs Mycintire or Sandow vs Owens or Rollins. He’s only 37 years old, he has 5 more years left on him until he’s past his prime.
Sandow as a substitute for anyone halfway decent, let alone Styles, is laughable. The guy was simply not that good. His gimmick was comedy at best, stripping that away from him and he's just white bread. I will put him in the Ken Doane bin of over-rated "potential" on the internet.

Personally, I don't want to see him back at all.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,407 Posts
So you would bring Sandow back and put him in the upper midcard even after he proved that he was horribly overrated and nothing more than a comedy geek?
This is real talk. Even I used to think Sandow was underutilized in the WWE but nahhhh. Dude is perfectly entertaining as a comedy jobber and there's nothing wrong with that if he wants to come back to do exxxxactly that

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
He's a solid lower to midcard guy, but anyone thinking he should do anything more than that clearly never saw his work in Impact or NWA, he just isn't as good as people act like he was when he was in WWE. Do I think he was a good lower card comedy guy? Yes, but that's about it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sandow wasn't main event material but he played a great character that was meant for the midcard, like Honkey Tonk Man, Godfather or Zack Ryder. He had a lot left to offer and WWE shouldn't have fired him when they did.

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Sandow had something going on there for a while. I didn't see main eventer, but upper mid-carder? He did fine in that spot. I have no clue how things spiralled out for him so quickly. It's like he got punished because they decided to push him too far beyond his station.

They could definitely bring him back. As a third leg for Morrison & Miz he could be really fun. He's ironically become more of a Miz character. I'm not sure when Xavier Woods gets back, but those six-man tags could be a lot of fun. He'd need to get himself back into peak physical shape though.

·
Registered
15,643 Posts
I loved Sandow as the Intellectual Savior. He played that character to near perfection.

Didn't care for his stint with Miz, but he clearly tried making it work. Blame creative on it's conception, and on it's halt once it actually got over.

Didn't see any of his work in TNA.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thought he was funny and charming as a comedy lower midcarder. But that his ceiling.

Heath Slater would be better than him if we want a funny comedy midcarder with a higher ceiling.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Sandow was great as the Intellectual Savior of the Masses, The Rhodes Scholars (even though Cody's moustache was LOL) was entertaining, and his work as Mizdow was great because you knew they were burying him but he got over AF. The fact that him winning MITB didn't end up with him winning the Gold belt and eventually Cody going over him was typical stupid ass WWE. Cody was super over in that MITB and to those saying it was a fluke that is bullshit as Cody picked up again that fall feuding with his brother and dad against The Shield as that was probably the best stuff on WWE programming at that point (with Punk/Heyman feud using Ryback and keep fucking over Daniel Bryan). Instead we get one armed Cena burying Sandow and a shitty Cena/Orton biggest title match in company history which the only good thing to come out of it was the crowd drowning out Steph and Paul McMahon and Punk's reaction to H Cubed as the greatest champion.

Just like Ryder and Rusev not supposed to get over. Then again neither was Punk or Bryan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
He would be a good substitute for AJ Styles or another RAW star while they’re absent. I would actually like to see Sandow vs Mycintire or Sandow vs Owens or Rollins. He’s only 37 years old, he has 5 more years left on him until he’s past his prime.
I find this ridiculous... Sandow just coming in to replace AJ Styles while he's on a hiatus? Yeah like that's an even trade

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
His reputation took a hit with that terrible comedy gimmick. Hard to go back knowing there are other promotions that will help you build your reputation including NWA. I'd rather have a solid reputation with my dignity and integrity intact at a smaller promotion even if it meant taking a small paycut.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sandow showed potential but his Impact run showed that he didn't have 'it' to make it any higher than mid card or even R Truth 24/7 lv. In NWA, he's hit his stride again but it's playing a comedy guy at a lower lv again.

Sandow would be great in the 24/7 title picture and would play a better ninja gimmick than Tozawa, hell, I actually want to see Sandow as a ninja now.

Also, Sandow is nowhere near AJ in the ring. That's his biggest obstacle in that he can't get past the mid card as he just isn't that good in the ring. Mic and gimmicks he excels but in ring, hell no.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I liked Sandow in WWE but there wouldn’t be any point in bringing him back. They have Breeze and Fandango doing his Schtick now and doing it better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
There is a place in WWE for comedy relief characters and Sandow was great at it. If he is brought back he can certainly be an entertaining part of the show, even if he's not main event material.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts