Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm so fucking tired of the awful mashups WWE does of two singles wrestlers themes when they become a tag team, it always sounds fucking terrible. And it really comes down to WWE being too fucking lazy to get up off their asses and create something new, so its easier just to smoosh their themes together and call it a day.

And Kairi and Asuka's mashup has to be the worst yet, mainly cause Kairi's theme sounds like the ultimate babyface theme, a whimsical pirate tune, then it cuts to Asuka's hard rock heel theme with lyrics like "I'am the future" which sounds like a singles theme to me since it doesn't say "We are the future". So neither theme fits their team.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They should just use Asuka's theme. No team should ever use a "mash up" of both teams. That is such a lazy garbage idea.
Asuka's theme doesn't really fit though, as i said it has lyrics thats talking about 1 person Asuka, "I came back from tomorrow to take back today, I'am the future" "The One force of nature they call by name".

The theme is all about Asuka, they need a new theme that fits their team.

·
Angry at refs
2,819 Posts
This is the same company that is yet to change Heath's song from 'We're a three-man-band!'. It's been around 6 years or so.

I don't expect them to do anything decent when it comes to music.

Edit: Remember, he had 'I'm a one-man-band!' before 3MB, so all they would need to do is put it back in. Literally no work at all required.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
They should just use Asuka's theme. No team should ever use a "mash up" of both teams. That is such a lazy garbage idea.
Asuka's theme doesn't really fit though, as i said it has lyrics thats talking about 1 person Asuka, "I came back from tomorrow to take back today, I'am the future" "The One force of nature they call by name".

The theme is all about Asuka, they need a new theme that fits their team.
it just sounds good for them. Nobody is looking that deep in the lyrics.

I'd be fine if they got their own unique theme but I still think using Asuka's theme would fit both of them.

It's funny though how Hawkins and Ryder get a unique tag team theme though but tag teams that actually get featured don't..

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
I couldnt agree more , WWE seems lazier and lazier when it comes to entrance themes ( cf. Seth Rollins / Roman Reigns / Ambrose) and titantrons ( just a gif with of a name)
Kabuki Warriors either need a brand new theme or remix of Asuka's with fitting lyrics.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
Yes, but I would name 1 exception though - Chris Jericho and Big Show 2nd theme. That was cool.

PS - huh, technically it wasn't even a mash up. So yeah, no exceptions then.

·
V7
735 Posts
Yeah, it's awful. I've said from the beginning they need to come out separately. It actually wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep switching back and forth. Like, play Kairi's music at the beginning, have her come out on the stage and then switch to Asuka's for the rest of it. People were saying they should use the BABYMETAL song from their NXT video package but that's obviously never going to happen.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,536 Posts
Bring the stereotypes down and put and eminem or Kurt Cobain song for them...

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,322 Posts
No. WWE doesn't think they're worth the effort. The shitty mashup is here to stay.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Just use Asuka's theme or give them sweet badass Japanese rap music like Nakamura.
No rap please.

The mix needs to go, it's unbelievably bad. This company is super lazy when it comes to themes, though. They couldn't even give The Fiend a proper theme. "Hey, pal, this is a new character, let's just do the same song but have a different band record it this time". :rolleyes:

It's never gonna get any better because Vince doesn't think that entrance music is worth investing effort or money into, even though having an iconic entrance theme is one of the most important aspects of being a wrestler. Everybody in WWE has a garbage theme except for WALTER and that's public domain music that doesn't cost a penny.

This company has billions of dollars, Vince needs to invest some real money into real songs as entrance themes. Look at what Voodoo Child did for Hollywood Hogan or Cult of Personality did for CM Punk. Every theme in WWE is so BLAND. Your top guys, Brock, Seth, Roman, Becky, Charlotte, etc, they have the cheapest, most generic sounding music. It's a handicap, it really is. Sure, it's not gonna make the entire difference but it's something. Having good theme music is putting your wrestlers in a much better position to succeed, people respond to a good theme. The entrance used to be more important than the actual match back in the day when wrestling was popular, it projected you as a star. Hell, it still does. Everybody went crazy for The Fiend at SummerSlam because of his entrance. I personally don't like the song (this version - I'm in the minority too, I realize that), but the whole presentation of it was so different and made it stand out and projected him as a star before he even wrestled. They've got to remember how to do that again.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Totally agree.

Especially when they do this thing of basically just playing a bit of one theme, then a bit of the other, and have one of the wrestlers come out first, then joined by the 2nd. It undermines the whole idea of them being a team. They did it with Shamus and Cesaro for a while and that sucked, too.

I think a lot of the time, we talk about "WWE being lazy" etc, but when it comes to gimmick work, ring attire and entrance music, it's more on the talent themselves to get shit done. The KWs need to book themselves a day in the studio with CFO$ and sort it out.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I agree. They change Sasha Banks theme to a remix but they don’t change the Kabuki Warriors theme(I am not saying they should change their theme to a remix theme) and Sasha’s theme didn’t need changing at all...smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
One have Rock tune and the other have theme park tune, Jezuz, even amateur one can create proper theme for them with using simple software like Audacity.

If they still want use both of their tune, only use the audio from Asuka theme and insert Kairi theme with fade out effect as background.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Mash-up themes are the way the company telegraphs when a tag team will not last more than 6 months, or when they want to highlight that they are talents that also have some value as single competitors.

That's why Zack Ryder/Curt Hawkins have their own entrance theme, they have no value as single competitors so the company will use them as a tag team for the long term.

Kabuki Warriors are a last minute tag team which was conceived only because they have nothing going on for Kairi Sane, early 2019 the company hyped/promoted a lot of Kairi Sane but the truth is that she was not ready for main roster, so they are waiting for her to gain some notoriety by tag-teaming with Asuka.

Is one of the laziest themes of all times but if we take into account the so called main event themes and how terrible they are I think there will be no gain.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts