Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It defined the careers of 3 great tag teams in The Dudleyz, The Hardy Boyz, and Edge & Christian in the Attitude Era.

Do you think the HD, Usos and Dudebusters could pull off a TLC match just as good as the prior 3?

You can even add the Gatecrashers, Archer and Hawkins, and replace them for one of these teams if you wish. Do you think a TLC match would be executed perfectly and perhaps catapult the tag team division back to importance?

Or should these tag teams be involved in another kind of match to seperate them from their heavily accomplished predecessors?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
I'm starting to think that at least running with such a match may be the only way to jumpstart the tag division and make these tag teams into tag team "stars" in the eyes of the fans. Either that, or at least a ladder match. No Mercy 1999 was the night where Edge & Christian and The Hardys became true stars with that ladder match. Not sure if the teams of today could pull off that kind of alchemy but it may be worth a shot unless WWE can slowly build the division anyway.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I am sure they could pull off a pretty good match with lots of "holy shit" spots...but still no one would give a fuck becuase....its the Hart Dynasty, The Usos and The Dudebusters. People are only starting to care about The Hart Dynasty.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sure they could pull off a pretty good match with lots of "holy shit" spots...but still no one would give a fuck becuase....its the Hart Dynasty, The Usos and The Dudebusters. People are only starting to care about The Hart Dynasty.
When did that happen? They mark for the guitar riff and then they all say in unison

"Shit, it's not Bret."

We need something to make em look good. All of them in that division.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Those matches were special because of E and C, the Hardyz and The Dudleyz, those three teams will never be on the same level as the orginals.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
When did that happen? They mark for the guitar riff and then they all say in unison

"Shit, it's not Bret."

We need something to make em look good. All of them in that division.
This is very true. I think people are starting to realize that The Hart Dynasty (well really only Tyson Kidd and Natayla) are actually very talented in the ring. I was impressed by the pops she was getting in her match on Raw.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
ehhh i doubt it. Maybe if we had Londrick back and MNM it'd be really good. I remember that great 4 team ladder match at Armageddon 06. wwe needs more matches like that with high spots. That's the easiest way to get someone over as a face. But I doubt wwe would let them perform some of the great spots they pulled in TLC 2.

Also, they need to give tag teams these days good gimmicks and make them special and unique. Hardyz were daredevils, Dudleyz were known for tables, edge and christian were well golden on the mic which made them interesting.

·
Registered
837 Posts
No. The best thing that would come from it is a botchamania video that would go down in history. I still have no idea who the Dudebusters are.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
The problem I have with this is that they originally built up the TLC match slowly after having the 3 teams in numerous gimmick matches where they learned how to work all the various tools of the match.

The Dudleyz were experts with tables, the Hardyz were experts at using ladders and E&C were perfecting the double chair moves. To just throw these 3 teams into a TLC with no prior weapons match experience wouldn't turn out too great imo.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
The problem I have with this is that they originally built up the TLC match slowly after having the 3 teams in numerous gimmick matches where they learned how to work all the various tools of the match.

The Dudleyz were experts with tables, the Hardyz were experts at using ladders and E&C were perfecting the double chair moves. To just throw these 3 teams into a TLC with no prior weapons match experience wouldn't turn out too great imo.
I gotta co-sign with this.

Nobody would care.
Yeah that's the point nobody would care but if they have this match on the card and they start hitting the high spots, the crowd will get interested and people will care.

ehhh i doubt it. Maybe if we had Londrick back and MNM it'd be really good. I remember that great 4 team ladder match at Armageddon 06. wwe needs more matches like that with high spots. That's the easiest way to get someone over as a face. But I doubt wwe would let them perform some of the great spots they pulled in TLC 2.
And to make my point earlier, who cared about London & Kendrick, Regal & Taylor, or MNM (2nd version). The Hardyz were the team that made the crowd interested in the match. Like I said, use Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins, & Dudebusters would do the high spots. Smith & Archer would be involved in the match but probably putting somebody in a table or something. And The Usos will be the ones getting most of the damage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i think with a similar buildup as they did with the original TLC it could work but to do that Vince would have to care

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
No because the new teams suck ass and have no way of making the fans care about them. The Hardys, Dudleys and Edge and Christian were all incredible talented and were all over as fuck with the fans. It's disgraceful for anybody to even compare them.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Nothing can really be said on this. None of these teams has ever been involved in any match having such stipulations. For all we know, it might be a great match, or it might just suck.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
No. No tlc match I've ever seen has stood up the the original two, and these teams just couldn't pull it off. E&C, the Hardyz and the Dudley Boyz were on a totally different level to any tag team in the WWE today. The TLC match was created especially for those three teams, as just1998 said, they all specialized in a different weapon, so TLC was the perfect kind of match for those teams. It's never really been the same quality when there's been other people involved, and with teams like the Usos, Dudebusters and HD, it'd just end up being a big let-down.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,969 Posts
These guys, with the exception of HD, have nowhere near the experience levels of the Dudleyz, E&C and the Hardyz.

They could probably have a fun match though, just not in the same league.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts