Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think they know that one of the four biggest events of the year is in two weeks. If they knew then they would have more than three matches booked. Not one of them is a classic elimination match which is just plain ridiculous. This PPV is going to get a shitty buy rate and they are going to act surprised. Can someone send Dana White over to WWE and teach them how to book a damn PPV. All year they have beed doing this shit and it is getting really old. You can't look forward to a PPV without any matches to look forward to.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
wwe's new thing is to add matches at the last minute.

hope we get a nexus vs dudebusters vs hart dynasty vs uso's tag team match for the titles.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yeah I eluded to this last night in the Raw Discussion Thread. The camera showed the stage with the HD side-screen advertising that the Survivor Series is in 2 weeks. I knew it was coming up, but that really put it into context. I wrote last night that they needed to starting putting teams together. I think they'll go with a 3 way tag team elimination. Raw vs. SmackDown vs. Nexus, if the past week is anything to go by. They just need to get their act together at this point.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
This is the WWE product you get these days, DC. It's been this cringe-worthy for a while now. :(

·
Born a Champion
14,152 Posts
Survivor Series doesn't draw and hasn't been good since 2005. There's a reason why they wanted to scrap the PPV this year.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
They will probably keep it to three and just announce 4 remaining matches withing the first 30 minutes of the show with a giant brawl that they will break up into 4 matches with the participants involved. Most notibly mark henry reprising his role as WWE go to guy/koolaid.

A few whys:

-Why is Bryan not in a feud for the US championship?
-Why is Ziggler not in a feud for the IC title?
-Why does it look like the IC champ will be in the corner of Vickie when she faces kaitlyn?

-Why are the tag team titles currently involved in another bigger story and not branched off in their own feud building their own momentum and credibility?
-Why does Raw creative copy smackdown creative with regard to ME?

-Why have the woman champs not appeared on 2 shows now despite a run of "x" amount consecutive appearences show after show after show for a few weeks there?
-Why is Sheamus vs Santino (or is it morrison? if so why?) given more build than any of the above?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I find it almost stupid based on how they are building up Survivor series this year due to the amount of time that they've had to make this PPV big.
I am not liking what I'm seeing. It's all getting stale. they haven't done well to make these feuds even better.

But than again, its can't be worse than TNA's turning Point PPV. ECW!, ECW! ;)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Survivor Series doesn't draw and hasn't been good since 2005. There's a reason why they wanted to scrap the PPV this year.

seeing the rock in your picture kind of reminded me of something - last night when john cena was looking at the wrestlemania promo I was WISHING that the last scene would be of the rock raising his eyebrow with the camera slowly panning back to John Cena and Barret - that would of been epic

but that will never happen so lol

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Yeah Survivor series isn't big time anymore- There are so many I cant remember which is which sometimes, and what ones have changed change from year to year. Night of Champions definitely seems to me to have picked up some steam, as well as money in the bank, as much as I hate to admit it. Wrestlemania and royal rumble are the two big ones though, Summerslam isnt even that special anymore.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Don't worry, everything will come together by next week for SS and there will be meaningful matches.
They're going to do this in the 3 hour RAW....dedicated to Old School RAW.........oh wait...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah, I get your point. That was the second week know I thought they must add some teams for SS, but nothing happened.

They even could do a three corners elimination 5 team match with Team Nexus, Team RAW and Team SmackDown. Since Nexus "invaded" friday nights that would be a good scenario imo, but they seem to go another direction.

I hope that Slater and Gabriel at least will defend the tag belts.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It is kinda stupid. They could have built some angles in the last three weeks of RAW but all the show has been dedicated to has been the Barrett/Cena/Orton stuff, it opens the show, it closes the show, it's in the middle of the show, it's backstage in the show. It's all over and there's hardly time for much else.

They have built a Morrison/Sheamus match alright, and still have a week to build upon that, it really needs a promo since at the moment it doesn't actually make sense...why is Morrison attacking Sheamus again?

Then you have the DIVAs stuff. So on RAW they have three angles, which is far better than whatever the hell Smackdown have been doing. They have the title feud (which isn't much of a feud) and I'm not sure what else. Hopefully they add Del Rio/Rey or something, and maybe Drew/Cody as an undercard match, oh and MVP/Ziggler could turn into a PPV match I guess. But we still haven't had any sufficient build to much on either show.

They could have done so much more with the three weeks they've had but like I said, all that matters is the main event right now (and Morrison/Sheamus slightly) which is sad because there has been good potential to do more.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,092 Posts
Well, it's rather obvious we'll be getting Rey/Del Rio, Sheamus/Morrison and MVP/Ziggler in some way, shape or form.

Daniel Bryan should be given some kind of match at Survivor Series.

I'm guessing The Miz will be left off the card to make people think he's going to cash in at the end of the night.

Beyond that, though, it's all quite nebulous. At least the WWE Championship match is receiving a build that only makes last year's WWE Championship match at Survivor Series build look even worse than it already did.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
^^When you put it like that, the crad looks actually pretty good.

Barrett/Orton w/ Cena as referee: Big Main event match
Edge/Kane: I'm not gonna lie...I don't care.
Sheamus/Morrison: Could be a show stealer.
Del Rio/Mysterio: Could be another show stealer
MVP/Ziggler: Nice IC title match
Natalya/Michelle and Layla: Could be a decent womens match
Possibly a elimination tag match.

The problem is with the actual build for the card.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
It is kinda stupid. They could have built some angles in the last three weeks of RAW but all the show has been dedicated to has been the Barrett/Cena/Orton stuff, it opens the show, it closes the show, it's in the middle of the show, it's backstage in the show. It's all over and there's hardly time for much else.
Agreed. They can afford to spend some time building other angles up. We all know what is going on with Nexus. I was a bit sick of them last night actually because every other segment was Nexus. It's too much imo.

Anyways, SS can't sell itself. Just look what happened last year for proof of that. They thought that 3 of THE biggest names on the show in a first time ever match would be enough and it clearly wasn't. They need to promote, promote, promote and to do that they need fucking matches lol.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,092 Posts
Ah, yeah, forgot about LayCool/Natalya.

I've been speculating since early September or so that Survivor Series should be the best pay-per-view since Wrestlemania by a good margin. So many big angles are culminating or climaxing in one way or another there. Nexus being the most perspicuous one.

A lot will depend on how heavy the build is on the Smackdown side this week. Since it's actually Smackdown that is building up a strong undercard beneath the WWE Championship match going into Survivor Series as we speak.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Agreed. They can afford to spend some time building other angles up. We all know what is going on with Nexus. I was a bit sick of them last night actually because every other segment was Nexus. It's too much imo.
Tell me about it, after RAW this week I was completely tired of Nexus. We had Nexus in the beginning, we had about four (maybe even five) backstage Nexus segments, we had the Otunga/Cena in the middle...another Nexus segment AND the main evnet which was primarily a Nexus segment. AND now we're getting Nexus on Smackdown :confused: Way too much. At least put a bit of effort into some other guys. Overexposure does exist, and Nexus are being overexposed right now.

Ah, yeah, forgot about LayCool/Natalya.

I've been speculating since early September or so that Survivor Series should be the best pay-per-view since Wrestlemania by a good margin. So many big angles are culminating or climaxing in one way or another there. Nexus being the most perspicuous one.

A lot will depend on how heavy the build is on the Smackdown side this week. Since it's actually Smackdown that is building up a strong undercard beneath the WWE Championship match going into Survivor Series as we speak.
In terms of match quality, with Morrison/Sheamus and Del Rio/Rey presumably being added to the show, the PPV could be pretty great but the only big feud culmulating is Nexus/Cena/Orton the rest are only just getting started. The other exception is Del Rio/Rey but they've been so stop/start with this feud it just doesn't mean as much.

Agree, Smackdown have got two weeks to build a solid undercard with some feuds already getting started. They can give Del Rio/Rey some more good build, and get MVP/Ziggler off to a good start in two weeks, Cody/Drew could also be a solid undercard programme. They should get Kofi/Swagger feuding since neither is doing much.

Survivor Series SHOULD be the third biggest PPV of the year. It's when I really get that 'coming into the rumble' type feel. The guys who are most likely to be in the front running for the rumble win are coming up, Wrestlemania ideas are being discussed. It should be the perfect time to have some good feuds, good matches etc. But they just don't...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts