Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really hoping that they will bury that ugly cena belt forever. i would venture to say most fans find it repulsive. i think it would build a face persona for someone if they would bring back the attitude era belt saying they want to bring the heritage back to the meaningless belt. im hoping this is something they are reserving for punk

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
I've read multiple times that WWE already had a new WWE Championship built months ago but has yet to find the right time to debut it. I have yet to find proof to any of that. The thought of an updated version of the Winged Eagle makes me smile. A larger center plate among other changes like the etching on the IC Title that adds shine.

The perfect way to introduce a new WWE Title would be to somehow have it vacated before the Rumble. Like 1992, have the winner of the 2012 Royal Rumble awarded with a brand new Championship.

·
Survivor
1,119 Posts
I don't think the actual Belt looks so bad, just look how many replicas has been sold since it came out (and not only Kids). But I also would welcome a new belt; not the Attitude Era one, something that's new but still looks "old school"

·
Asuka
96,225 Posts
At this point, I've resigned myself to the fact that it's gonna be around until Vince is dead. It's sad, and as far as I'm concerned, if anybody hates Cena, this SHOULD be the absolute #1 reason. That title is a fucking abomination.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If they're looking for a good time to make a switch, now would seem to be the time. They just need to have ADR say he was "inspired" by Cody, and that he doesn't want to carry the same title belt that Cena carried.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't think the actual Belt looks so bad, just look how many replicas has been sold since it came out (and not only Kids). But I also would welcome a new belt; not the Attitude Era one, something that's new but still looks "old school"
Not just kids? I'm sure there are people out there but mainly kids lets not sugar coat it. Whenever I see a belt on TV by a celebrity or sport athlete its the World Championship (former WCW title) that is being held. Wonder why that one is chosen over it?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The WCW / WHC title look legit. I mean, a boxing match could be contended over that title and you'd automatically assume it means something. If there's no title unification (with the WHC design being the only belt) then the 98-02 WWF title should be used. It'd look good on Punk, ADR, pretty much anyone but cena..

·
Registered
649 Posts
The WCW / WHC title look legit. I mean, a boxing match could be contended over that title and you'd automatically assume it means something. If there's no title unification (with the WHC design being the only belt) then the 98-02 WWF title should be used. It'd look good on Punk, ADR, pretty much anyone but cena..
Exactly my point, the WWE title pails in comparison at the moment.

·
Registered
486 Posts
yes please

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmm ADR being 'inspired' by Rhodes to change the WWE Title would be a great way to update the look of the title belt.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Can someone pull a "Cody" on Cody's knees and give him some knee pads? That would be fantastic.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
If WWE wanted to introduce a new Title, they would of when CM Punk left..and then came back two weeks later.

I can't think of a better time then that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If WWE wanted to introduce a new Title, they would of when CM Punk left..and then came back two weeks later.

I can't think of a better time then that.
Would've and than

·
Registered
144 Posts
Would've and than
They really need to bring back the actual title. The Brock Lesner belt. It didn't get as much run as it should've gotten. That was a beautiful belt.

I hate the Cena belt, it looks so artificial and phony. The only thing I like on it are the thick plates, other than that, they can keep it. It's been long enough, time for a change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They should at least bring back the Undisputed title.
I'm not a fan of the Big Eagle that was used from 98-02. Too many scratch logos, especially on the side plates.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts