Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big-N-Rich said in the liberal thread "this country at it's worst is still better than anywhere else."

It's all I've been hearing all my life: America is the "greatest" or "best". It's quite a conceited claim, so can someone please tell me in what sense America is "number 1"? What makes America the greatest country in the world?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Money's what it comes down to, which we got by lying to the rest of the world.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Serioiusly, the reason America is so wealthy is because we support Israel.

Yes, I know that sounds stupid but if you believe the Bible then it says that any country that supports Israel will be a very wealthy country and wouldn't you know we are wealthy.

And all the other countries that are against Israel are poor.

But another reason America is so great is because of our Government.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I think George Bush did a great job in the situation. There was nothing he could do to stop it. So he sat and stayed calm, which was the right thing to do in my opinion.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Captain America said:
America's #1, there's no debate.

The question is, why do you think this image makes Bush a bad President?

Because he is sitting there in class reading along with the teacher as he learns something new. Thank you, bye.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,312 Posts
christopheR. said:
I think George Bush did a great job in the situation. There was nothing he could do to stop it. So he sat and stayed calm, which was the right thing to do in my opinion.
I sort of agree with that, of course he could have also politely be excused.

As for the question, I could care less. I'm living here and I'm happy, the same as any person who has lived in a certain place all of their life.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
BrckBrlnXII said:
Serioiusly, the reason America is so wealthy is because we support Israel.

Yes, I know that sounds stupid but if you believe the Bible then it says that any country that supports Israel will be a very wealthy country and wouldn't you know we are wealthy.

And all the other countries that are against Israel are poor.
Well done for missing the blindingly obvious. The countries that support (although that's not quite the correct term) are the ones that were already rich and powerful before Israel was "given back" to the Jews not more than a few decades ago. They were wealthy before it happened, not as a result of it. Don't try to tell me the Bible also says pre-emptive rewards are given for helping displaced Jews.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
"The greatest country in the world", America, also has the highest crime rate in the world and possibly the worst health care system in the world, not to mention the extreme level of polution.

I don't see whats so great about it....?

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
It is great because he won the most medals in the olympics yet agian. That means we are better than you.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Flash said:
Well done for missing the blindingly obvious. The countries that support (although that's not quite the correct term) are the ones that were already rich and powerful before Israel was "given back" to the Jews not more than a few decades ago. They were wealthy before it happened, not as a result of it. Don't try to tell me the Bible also says pre-emptive rewards are given for helping displaced Jews.
Maybe God knew they were going to support Israel so he made them wealthy before Israel became there own nation.

But I don't expect you to believe me since you're going to hell.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
BrckBrlnXII said:
Maybe God knew they were going to support Israel so he made them wealthy before Israel became there own nation.

But I don't expect you to believe me since you're going to hell.
Who says he's not christian? Your interpretation is your interpretation. You'd do well not too judge people so fast, you're just coming across as a bible bashing jackass.

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
He's allready said he doesn't believe in God.

Or he has made some remarks about God that have led me to believe he isn't a Christian.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Those who have not at least been to three different countries cannot say that the US is the greatest country in the world. You are only saying that the US is the best out of a belief and not fact.
My personal opinion is that, with all the problems in this country: economic, racism, sexism, etc, America is the best thing going, but saying that America is the best is ignoring the problems that persist in the country.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts