Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are already a few threads out there about this but...

why the hell is Alberto Del Rio still WHC?

ADR and Swagger are the reasons why the WHC has lost so much value. Oh and Mark Henry :D:.

But seriously RVD should have won the belt at battleground and Sandow should have cashed in and walked away with the belt, we pretty much all agree on this in this forum.

Yes ADR is a good technician but by that account Tyson Kidd should be the new undisputed champion.

Why is he constantly given titles!?

·
Registered
12,463 Posts
I know there are already a few threads out there about this but...

why the hell is Alberto Del Rio still WHC?
because he is the best guy they have right now, who else is there, if ziggler was whc they would be jobbing him out every week.

ADR and Swagger are the reasons why the WHC has lost so much value. Oh and Mark Henry :D:.
no wwes horrible booking is the reason its lost value. the past few months the title should have the been the main program on sd and got a decent amount of airtime on raw but its got nothing. del rio in random matches 2 minute matches on raw with no build against kofi/truth or ryder does nothing for either the title or wrestler

But seriously RVD should have won the belt at battleground and Sandow should have cashed in and walked away with the belt, we pretty much all agree on this in this forum.
you think putting the belt on a guy who has jobbed every week since mitb would raise the profile of the title compared to someone like del rio who rarely loses...

Yes ADR is a good technician but by that account Tyson Kidd should be the new undisputed champion.

Why is he constantly given titles!?
kidd is short and ugly whereas del rio is tall, good looking and the son of dos caras and nephew of mil mascaras

wwe are ALWAYS going to push a guy who looks like del rio and has his background. as good as rock is and people like to think randy orton is do you think either of those gets a mega sustained push from the off if they are 5'6 170lb and look like jamie noble...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I still think Swagger and ADR are the reasons for the title's downfall, booking across the entire WWE universe is random and crap, but at least CM Punk who has jobbed at every PPV bar Payback can still be considered an awesome wrestler and entertainer.

Sandow does job, yes, but he is still a decent wrestler and very entertaining with his smart-ass educated gimmick.

Alberrrrrrrrrrrrtoooooooooo Del Rio just sucks as a character, his gimmick was undone the second he opened his mouth and he is constantly shoved down our throats.

As it stands I hope they unify the championship at WM30 and then split the brands again whilst putting ADR back into the midcard deck.

·
-
7,495 Posts
He had no competition.

-Christian and Henry are injury prones.
-Dolph Ziggler couldn't keep his mouth shut, so they buried him.
-R.V.D is a part timer.
-Rhodes was jobbing to everyone until recently.
-Sandow is still jobbing to everyone.
-Barrett is a world title material, but they have no faith in him whatsoever, and job him out a lot.

Those were the only world title contenders he had, until Cena came along.

·
Registered
12,463 Posts
No I still think Swagger and ADR are the reasons for the title's downfall, booking across the entire WWE universe is random and crap, but at least CM Punk who has jobbed at every PPV bar Payback can still be considered an awesome wrestler and entertainer.
punks been booked a million times stronger than del rio in 2013. leaving out the fact that punk either mainevents raw or appears in the top of the hours segments that are heavily advertised throughout the show

*punk had weeks of awesome visual scraps on raw with lesnar
*the final thing on raw before mania you saw was punk beating up the undertaker with his urn and rubbing the ashes of paul bearer on himself
*he wrestled cena for 35 minutes in the mainevent of raw to determine who got mania mainevent spot
*the beatdown he took on raw from heyman was again an incredible visual

now i am not saying del rio would be as over as punk is now if booked as strongly but if you swapped both men around and had punk beating ryder in random 2 minute matches on raw and no build for his ppv punk isnt a fraction as over as he is now

sandow is nowhere near ready to be whc and his in-ring ability is well below del rios. cena and del rio will have a really good match on ppv and del rio is a believable opponent for cena whereas sandow right now is not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts