Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an Australian I have no idea what these fucking seppos over in the States are on about, you've got nutjobs like Candace Owens, Steve Crowder and Joe Rogan going on about how Australia is being oppressed and are being policed by the government.......are these cunts fucking dumb?

I can go out to the pub for a beer, I can go to campus at Uni, I can travel anywhere within the state that I like. We don't need masks here, and I can do whatever I like. But oh please big and strong America, please save me from how oppressed I am!!

Melbourne is slowly becoming less restricted since people have actually started following COVID protocol and things will sowly go back to normal like it has been over here for fucking ages.

We don't want to be saved because there's nothing to save to begin with. Sort your own country's problems out first.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
^
- 90,000$ fine or up to 2 yrs in prison for violating covid mandates in Australia incoming

- enabling the government to have "special pandemic powers"

OP: govern me harder daddy

^
just lol

If you don't believe in freedom and enjoy having the government tell you when you can and cannot leave your house, then I don't even know what to say. There is a reason why the US is literally the center of the modern world and not Australia or Canada. There is a reason why liberals from California and NYC are all migrating to Texas and Florida. it's because people value their freedom and don't like being told when they can and cannot wipe their ass or leave their house.

^
Rogan exposes the lies of this passive aggressive beta male

Evidence is constantly being revealed that covid is a farce
it's not a farce, but it is a way for governments to test the waters and see how far they can get people to comply with their demands, regardless if they're lawful or not

·
Registered
166 Posts
Much of the criticism is being aimed at Daniel Andrews in Victoria especially as cases rise. “Dictator Dan” is a name I frequently see him referred to by critics on social media. Here in New South Wales where I am we aren’t faring much better now with our former leader being investigated for corruption. By all accounts it’s Western Australia who have handled it the best. But no, compared with so many other counties, we certainly don’t need “saving.”

·
Fighting the feeling...
Service please!
2,661 Posts
Let's not forget how the Australian authorities put down a load of rescue dogs because of the minimal chance that people going to rescue said dogs would pass on covid. Disgusting. Or the young woman shoved to the ground and arrested because she went out for a walk by herself for some fresh air but because she wasn't jogging she was treated like an armed terrorist.
Or the fact that nobody is allowed in or even out of Australia, even Australian citizens, a lot of which are marooned in foreign countries.

Yeah great job.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are. You guys are not even allowed to leave your homes and they have curfews. I've seen it on the news. Candice, Crowder and Rogan constantly expose the bs government's overreach in power.

OP: govern me harder baby
Well I'm allowed to leave my home, I don't have a curfew. I was out last weekend till 3am for Christ sake, nightclubs and bars are all open and packed every weekend.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,828 Posts
They are. You guys are not even allowed to leave your homes and they have curfews. I've seen it on the news. Candice, Crowder and Rogan constantly expose the bs government's overreach in power.

OP: govern me harder baby
I'll believe the people in the actual country over the morons who constantly just throw out any controversial shit they think of so they can get attention.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Isn't it funny how right wing people are always talking about law and order and security but then they'll protest anything that secures any of those things because they, supposedly, don't want government at all? No measures should be taken so the virus doesn't spread further. No measures should be taken so people stop killing each other using guns.

Their concept of freedom boils down to a "fuck everyone but me" mentality that promotes not doing anything for other's people sake. From not paying taxes and opposing things as basic as a welfare state to not wearing masks when recommended. The best part is how they say they're politically incorrect because saying "we're rather shitty human beings and we're proud of it" still sounds a bit too much. But I think they'll get there, eventually.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I'll believe the people in the actual country over the morons who constantly just throw out any controversial shit they think of so they can get attention.
Some people don't mind being controlled. 🙃

Australia

- uses digital ID scanning to determine whether you're allowed to function in society

- locks down the country preventing people from leaving or entering, even if they're Australian citizens trying to return home.

- deploys their military on their own people to enforce mandatory quarantines and curfews

- trying to limit freedom of speech and make it illegal to protest if they (the government) disagree with what you're protesting.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Australian police have been shown to have been using strip searches extremely excessively for flimsy reasons. Especially with young people.

This shows an authoritarian mentality among the police that is supposed to keep the public safe not terrorize them.

This has caused mental trauma for many many young people.

The police are supposed to protect the people not terrorize them.

So don't pretend like everything is all peachy and great in Australia.

Not that I agree with the extreme viewpoint.

But Australia should really look at itself before standing on it's pedestal as an example to nations. Because it isn't true.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I don't really care to get involved in the debate of who lives in the worst country or whatever...

But I was speaking to my brother recently who lives near Sydney. His friend was arrested at a silent and peaceful protest and due to some 'administrative error' ended up in a high security facility with murderers and the like, for more than a week I think he said. He's been suffering with mental health ever since (unsurprisingly).

Obviously that's just one case and purely anecdotal but a pretty mental story.

I personally think we should all be vigilant over how much power we're willing for the state to have over us, regardless of which country we live in. It happens gradually over time and is always justified by fear - so that the vast majority of people just go along with it.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Isn't it funny how right wing people are always talking about law and order and security but then they'll protest anything that secures any of those things because they, supposedly, don't want government at all? No measures should be taken so the virus doesn't spread further. No measures should be taken so people stop killing each other using guns.

Their concept of freedom boils down to a "fuck everyone but me" mentality that promotes not doing anything for other's people sake. From not paying taxes and opposing things as basic as a welfare state to not wearing masks when recommended. The best part is how they say they're politically incorrect because saying "we're rather shitty human beings and we're proud of it" still sounds a bit too much. But I think they'll get there, eventually.
They want freedom but not the responsibility that comes with it.

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit:
There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. - Frank Wilhoit

He was arguing that there is conservatism is the only political philosophy that ever existed. Liberalism, progressivism or any other 'alternative' is just the same thing in another name. Different in-groups and out-groups. Look no further than non-conservative politicians that break their own limited number of guests rules during lockdowns, just because they can get away with it.

The freedumb crowd are convinced they are part of the in-groups by association by culture war nonsense, when they are actually part of the out-groups and they get mad when they can't do whatever the hell they can like the true in-groups can. Rich and powerful get away with shit all the time. Tough luck these idiots get caught in the same situation. At the same time, the in-groups manage to convince these sheeps that they are all together as part of the out-groups like the sheeps and convince the sheeps to fight for the in-groups interests instead of for their own interests. Notice how they like to use silent majority or they have the top ratings, but never present themselves as mainstream?

1 - 20 of 145 Posts