Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain this cena orton relationship? On BR Cena was acting friendly towards orton and was about to give him the belt when orton RKO'd him. Fast forward to raw and we have a Cena vs Orton match where Orton tried to punt Cena and take him out. Wade saves Cena and Cena beats up Wade from saving him from a "Career ending" moment. Cena then saves Orton afterwords from the nexus beatdown. Is Cena trying to win Orton's love? Cause orton doesnt seem to want any of it

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It is the nature of there characters, Cena is the face who will try and help others (who the crowd likes) and respects people like Orton. Orton, on the other hand, is more of a tweener, his main goal is to take out the heels no matter what, but won't really make allies with faces like Cena and will attack him if he or any other face gets in the way of him.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
It is rather confusing, especially the Raw stuff.

Kayfabewise I take from it that Cena is still trying to desperately hold onto his support from the Cenation and doesn't want to screw over Orton. Problem is Orton is in super face mode, he wants to fight Wade Barrett on fair terms, Cena has stopped him doing that (DQ finish at BR) and thus wants Cena out of the way. As for Barrett saving Cena, Cena hates Barrett, Cena is a a valuable asset to the Nexus.

·
Premium Member
12,341 Posts
Orton is a face, but he's an anti-hero. He'll attack whoever he wants, whenever he wants. Cena, on the other hand, is more of a heroic face, always wanting to save the day and respecting his opponents. In the long run, and if WWE were smart enough, they could have Cena turn heel and have him explain that he hates Randy Orton and the fans for rallying behind him. He could even comment on the crowd being split when he and Orton faced off when they could've supported him, the role model, rather than a guy who kicks people in the head.

I won't hold my breath though.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is rather confusing, especially the Raw stuff.

Kayfabewise I take from it that Cena is still trying to desperately hold onto his support from the Cenation and doesn't want to screw over Orton. Problem is Orton is in super face mode, he wants to fight Wade Barrett on fair terms, Cena has stopped him doing that (DQ finish at BR) and thus wants Cena out of the way. As for Barrett saving Cena, Cena hates Barrett, Cena is a a valuable asset to the Nexus.
I get that part but I think they made a mistake when Orton went to punt cena, this shows he really wanted him OUT. Cena attacked nexus because they attacked him yet when Orton does it he doesn't seem to mind. Idk this whole storyline is following a very predictable and boring route. There is NO emphasis on Orton, he's kind of just like an obstacle that needs to be overcome and the main focus is on Nexus. It's not even Orton's fault, because the emphasis of the show isn't on him, he just comes out for 5 minutes so Cena and Nexus can do their thing.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Randy Orton is a lone wolf, he doesn't need help from anyone, hence trying to take out everyone on his way. And Cena has always respected his opponents. History speaking, back when Orton was heel and feuding with Cena, they were teaming up together to take out the entire Raw roster, Cena showed some respect to Orton after the match despite Orton being his archrival. So it's not really surprising that Cena always wants to help Orton now.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I don't understand it at all. Last year Orton literally tried to blow Cena up. Before that he kicked Cena's dad in the head. But Cena seems to have forgotten all about that now and why? Because he has a new 'enemy' in Nexus. What's the worst they've done? Beat him up. That's it. Orton TRIED TO KILL AND PUT HIS DAD IN HOSPITAL. But I've tried getting past that and just watching telling myself that Cena's forgetting about all that cos he needs Orton on his side in his battle against Nexus. But throughout this whole thing Orton has repeatedly tried and succeeded in attacking Cena when all Cena has tried to do is help Orton. It's like Cena is Orton's younger brother and doesn't want to piss him off even if he hits him. Like at Bragging Rights, Cena could have helped Barrett and cost Orton his WWE title but he decided not to and just cost him the match instead. Then, he handed Orton the title while saying sorry and what's he get for his troubles? An RKO. You'd think Cena's character would say 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH' and just not give a shit about taking care of Orton anymore but last night on RAW he already seemed to forget about it. It's insane. When Orton was getting beaten down by Nexus last week and Cena wasn't allowed to interfere, why did Cena give a shit? After all that Orton has done to him. And then at the end of last night when Cena found out he had to cost Orton his title, he was like 'oh noez'. Why does he care? He shouldn't!

I hate it when WWE treat us like we're idiots.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I don't understand it at all. Last year Orton literally tried to blow Cena up. Before that he kicked Cena's dad in the head. But Cena seems to have forgotten all about that now and why? Because he has a new 'enemy' in Nexus. What's the worst they've done? Beat him up. That's it. Orton TRIED TO KILL AND PUT HIS DAD IN HOSPITAL. But I've tried getting past that and just watching telling myself that Cena's forgetting about all that cos he needs Orton on his side in his battle against Nexus. But throughout this whole thing Orton has repeatedly tried and succeeded in attacking Cena when all Cena has tried to do is help Orton. It's like Cena is Orton's younger brother and doesn't want to piss him off even if he hits him. Like at Bragging Rights, Cena could have helped Barrett and cost Orton his WWE title but he decided not to and just cost him the match instead. Then, he handed Orton the title while saying sorry and what's he get for his troubles? An RKO. You'd think Cena's character would say 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH' and just not give a shit about taking care of Orton anymore but last night on RAW he already seemed to forget about it. It's insane. When Orton was getting beaten down by Nexus last week and Cena wasn't allowed to interfere, why did Cena give a shit? After all that Orton has done to him. And then at the end of last night when Cena found out he had to cost Orton his title, he was like 'oh noez'. Why does he care? He shouldn't!

^ Exactly. I'm sick and tired of the WWE only catering for the kiddies and thinking that the adult audience suffer from memory loss or something.

Cena being a "noble face" is one thing, but then there's just looking like a fucking mug. It doesn't make any sense that he's constantly helping Orton and I don't understand why WWE are rolling with it.

I'm hoping it will lead to Cena eventually snapping and having an epic heel turn. But I can only dream...

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

Anything that happened over 11 months ago never happened.

Trust me, the faster you accept that rule, the better.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
It's CENTON lolzzzz

:lmao WTF is that lol.

Anyways, I said it in another thread, this storyline would be so much more effective if Cena and Orton were even remotely friends or allies. But they were beating the shit out of each other last year which makes Cena's concern for Orton and his title really fucking stupid. I fully expect Cena to take the hit for Orton at SS because thats who he is. They need to make him retaliate against Orton soon or he's going to look like an idiot. He's already eaten 2 RKO's and done nothing about it.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Anything that happened over 11 months ago never happened.

Trust me, the faster you accept that rule, the better.
I know I know I know and like I said, I tried to move past it but it's just gotten so ridiculous in the past couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
If cena is so respecting to his opponents, why can't he just listen to wade out of respect and be a good boy?

Doesn't work both ways

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
It's a good question and it is quite confusing, although I still see this being a swerve by Cena and he turns on Orton and finally completes the monumental heel turn somewhere within the next 9-12 months.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
WWE wants its cake and to eat it too.

Cena is a super-face. Problem is, they're also trying to build Orton as one so they can't allow Cena to screw over Orton. They also can't allow it because they don't want Cena to lose face (which is pretty stupid because I'm confident the fans would understand if WWE was clever and booked the angle right).

This is why Cena hasn't acknowledged that the man he's letting off is the same one who put his dad in hospital, who tried to end his career, kill him, end his career again, screwed him over multiple times and was basically a pain in his ass.

Problem is, if you book this angle properly, considering the obstacles involved (make both Cena and Orton look good, don't risk anything) it's very difficult and WWE are lazy bookers.

Instead, they'll make Cena look like a moron because at least his popularity won't be affected. And it's easier this way.

Cena is not always respectful.

He handed Edge his ass when things went too far (potential career threatening situations or injury potential situations). Same to Jericho, Orton and many others. He's respectful to an extent. But after a certain line, even Mr. America deems it taken too far.

But there are times, like now, he has to act out of character for WWE's sake.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think it is more a case of Cena getting annoyed with being forced to do things, wanting to do the right thing and wanting keep his fans behind him rather than being BFF's with Orton. They still don't particularly like each other.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts