Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Don't Understand The Hype For This Guy.

He's A Shitty Wrestler, Limited movesets, And a Shitty Wrestler. He Isn't Even The Best Mic Worker In His Era!

I Liked His Works During His Tenure With ECW, WCW, And Before His Injuries Altered Him But A Lot Of People Praise The Guy For His Works In WWF Or The Attitude Era And He Was A Shitty Ass Wrestler At That Time.

Allen Jones >>>> Steve Austin

IBL...

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Bret Hart's book (AKA the holy bible of pro-wrestling) has a pretty good paragraph explaining Steve Austin's popularity. He mentions the look (goatee, bald head, simple ring attire). He has the Texas accent, raspy voice, and connected to the common man giving him a natural magnetism.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Because in ring skills is not now , never was , AND NEVER WILL BE what matters..........

People love the guy cause of his middle finger pointing , random stunner hitting , excessive use of beer antics! Not so much because of what he does during matches

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Steve was the idealized form of the old school wrassling fan. With enough polish and skill and smarts to get over in front of everyone. So old schooler got to empathize with him and likely took aspects of his character into their daily lives. Shoot.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I Don't Understand The Hype For This Guy.

He's A Shitty Wrestler, Limited movesets, And a Shitty Wrestler. He Isn't Even The Best Mic Worker In His Era!

I Liked His Works During His Tenure With ECW, WCW, And Before His Injuries Altered Him But A Lot Of People Praise The Guy For His Works In WWF Or The Attitude Era And He Was A Shitty Ass Wrestler At That Time.

Allen Jones >>>> Steve Austin

IBL...
Sorry, but you lost all credibility with that one statement.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
Steve Austin was the rebel, the badass and really entertaining. I think he's a great wrestler, he used what he got and was in some classic matches. Watch Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart Wrestlemania 13 that might make you change your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seriously? Austin owns.

No offense, but did you actually watch Austin during the attitude era?
READ.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve Austin was the rebel, the badass and really entertaining. I think he's a great wrestler, he used what he got and was in some classic matches. Watch Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart Wrestlemania 13 that might make you change your thoughts.
READ..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Austin appealed to people because of the whole rebellious nature of his character, something people of any age could identify with, not to mention he was doing what so many wanted to do, beating the crap out of his boss and making a complete fool out of him every week.

He wasnt a 'shitty wrestler' either. During the attitude era it wasnt just that he was limited because of his neck, he realized that fans didnt want to see Stone Cold put on a technical exhibition, they wanted to see him stomp the sh*t out of people and so he altered his style. He still had some great matches even after his injury against guys like Foley,Angle,Rock and Benoit and the No way out 2001 match with HHH is incredible.

As for his mic work thats really a matter of opinion, even if you don't think he was the best of his era he still got huge reactions any time he spoke and thats what really matters.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Austin appealed to people because of the whole rebellious nature of his character, something people of any age could identify with, not to mention he was doing what so many wanted to do, beating the crap out of his boss and making a complete fool out of him every week.

He wasnt a 'shitty wrestler' either. During the attitude era it wasnt just that he was limited because of his neck, he realized that fans didnt want to see Stone Cold put on a technical exhibition, they wanted to see him stomp the sh*t out of people and so he altered his style. He still had some great matches even after his injury against guys like Foley,Angle,Rock and Benoit and the No way out 2001 match with HHH is incredible.

As for his mic work thats really a matter of opinion, even if you don't think he was the best of his era he still got huge reactions any time he spoke and thats what really matters.
Thank you for your post. Better than the other posts here who are accusing me of trolling for my dislike to Steve Austin.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I'll try to explain it as best I can. Austin was just the best thing to happen to WWF when he came about. He had everything you could possibly want and more, which I'll explain in different points.

(1)The gimmick, he had the gimmick of a hellraising baddass loner who does what ever he want however he wants and if anyone had a problem with that, he'd kick their ass. Everybody loves a rebel, and everybody loved Austin.

(2)The Look, his look complimented his gimmick, he had the look of a baddass who you don't want to mess with. The bald head, the beard, his walk even made his character. But despite all that he also had the physique and size as well to make him look like a credible champion

(3)The Mic skills, while there are plenty who are better on the mic. Stone Cold had great mic skills, he showed this in ECW which had some of his best mic work and promos, but even in WWE he was still awesome, his 3:16 speech speaks for itself. But whenever Austin talked, everybody listened, he commanded the mic.

(4)Charisma, Any idiot can see that Austin has tons of Charisma, there's no doubt about that. He had presence and whenever his music hit, the fans marked so hard. These days, you see wrestlers coming out and they don't get nearly as big pops as Austin did.

(5)In Ring skills, Obviously his pre 97 stuff was great, he was one of the best wrestlers in WWE those times, but even after that he still maintained good in ring skills. Enough to be able to hold his own in a match, but he has had some good matches post neck injury as well.

(6)Marketable, he's just like Hulk Hogan, everybody got behind him. he was the biggest seller of merchandice during his time, it's the reason why he was the No.1 man in the company.

That's my analysis of the Stone Cold character anyway

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll try to explain it as best I can. Austin was just the best thing to happen to WWF when he came about. He had everything you could possibly want and more, which I'll explain in different points.

(1)The gimmick, he had the gimmick of a hellraising baddass loner who does what ever he want however he wants and if anyone had a problem with that, he'd kick their ass. Everybody loves a rebel, and everybody loved Austin.

(2)The Look, his look complimented his gimmick, he had the look of a baddass who you don't want to mess with. The bald head, the beard, his walk even made his character. But despite all that he also had the physique and size as well to make him look like a credible champion

(3)The Mic skills, while there are plenty who are better on the mic. Stone Cold had great mic skills, he showed this in ECW which had some of his best mic work and promos, but even in WWE he was still awesome, his 3:16 speech speaks for itself. But whenever Austin talked, everybody listened, he commanded the mic.

(4)Charisma, Any idiot can see that Austin has tons of Charisma, there's no doubt about that. He had presence and whenever his music hit, the fans marked so hard. These days, you see wrestlers coming out and they don't get nearly as big pops as Austin did.

(5)In Ring skills, Obviously his pre 97 stuff was great, he was one of the best wrestlers in WWE those times, but even after that he still maintained good in ring skills. Enough to be able to hold his own in a match, but he has had some good matches post neck injury as well.

(6)Marketable, he's just like Hulk Hogan, everybody got behind him. he was the biggest seller of merchandice during his time, it's the reason why he was the No.1 man in the company.

That's my analysis of the Stone Cold character anyway

Thank you for analysis and actually giving time for your posts rather than accuse me as a troll. I don't agree with it but thank you for writing that well thought post.
What the fuck is up with all these troll threads lately?
Fuck you

Can someone please exlain to me the appeal of 5 year old looking spot monkey no charisma no mic skill AJ Styles?
Can somebody please explain to me the appeal of a red-neck guy who Stunners everone all day long with limited wrestling abilities?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts