Votes: 16 19.3%
  • hell no

Votes: 67 80.7%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article by former writer saying Cena wants to turn heel but WWE doesn't have guts and are looking forward to replacements;guys that can draw,move merchandise,do social stuff like Make a Wish etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
While Sheamus continues to show overall improvement as a performer, there's no way he could possibly be held up to such a pedestal. He just doesn't have that "it" factor that John Cena has. Strong performer with a respectable work ethic, but "face of the WWE"? Nah.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
No.

No one in the WWE right now seems like the person who can become the next face of a generation.

Also Sheamus is like 8 months younger than Cena.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I don't think anyone on the current roster can replace Cena. If neither Punk or Orton can replace Cena, then there is no chance Sheamus can.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He sucks, but so does Cena. So yes, depending on if he gets as much of a push as Cena which likely wont happen as Cena is pretty territorial about being on Vince's nuts.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sheamus is the only guy currently running around as a top face who could even hope to replace Cena. It would be different, but they're more worried about kids and off-screen stuff anyway. Orton can't do it. Punk can't do it. He's too big of a douche.

That doesn't mean that Sheamus will be the next Cena, but IF something happens to Cena anytime soon, OR they decide to turn Cena heel (HA), it probably would fall onto Sheamus as the short-term fix.

·
-
7,495 Posts
No, because he's Irish.

WWE is an American Company. They probably want an American to represent them as the face of the company (especially for events such as Tribute to The troops), so the logical choice would be Punk.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nobody knows who the next Cena will be.

You couldn't even predict Cena would be the first Cena. Who really though the guy with the white rapper gimmick would be what he is today.

It will probably end up being a new guy or someone we least expect. The "next Cena" will happen organically.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Simply put no and the answer is simple because Sheamus has nowhere near as much charisma and doesn't have a look anywhere near as marketable as John Cena does. If it was just about charisma and being over then CM Punk would be in pole position and if it was down to a look that is marketable then Randy Orton would be in pole position whilst Sheamus is behind them all on everything. This is why John Cena is where he is because he has the charisma, is HUGELY over although not all positive, perfect to market, a great mic worker when needed, very good in the ring when he has to be and appeals to the mainstream market and is a draw.

Now for everything i've said good for John Cena and before people jump all over what i said no John Cena doesn't appeal to the mainstream like The Rock nor draw like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock or Hulk Hogan. Nor is John Cena anywhere near the level of Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle or Ric Flair and he isn't as charismatic as Rowdy Roddy Piper or Randy Savage but whilst not being the best ever in any particular aspect outside of merchandise sales he is very good at them all so as an all round package there is no one on his level.

Since WWE began watering Sheamus down at the start of the year and basically made him a John Cena clone without the charisma the fans have become a lot more quiet during his entrance and matches. If people think John Cena gets booed quite badly at times then imagine what would have happened to Sheamus over the same time frame had he been in the role John Cena has had since mid 2005 because Sheamus would be hated by everyone. I'm of the belief that if anyone on the current roster was to be the one who stepped into John Cena's spot then that would be CM Punk or Randy Orton and as that writing assistant said everyone is so far behind John Cena so in my opinion it isn't going to happen.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts