Wrestling Forum banner

Can "Rock vs Cena" Wm-28 Match top "Punk vs Cena" MITB Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
This match for me will be the only mstch that could possibly beat it. I mean it'll be in The Rock's hometown and the reception would more than likely be mucb better than the Chicago town due to it being Wrestlemania, bigger stadium etc.

I think the storytelling is there for us all to see. We all know the history behind these two and what happens from now until then is crucial. Punk/Cena had a great great buildup, before these two are ready to come out of the curtain and entertain the crowd, I want to literally be like "Oh my god, it's finally here" because of the build up to it, I don't want Rock back for Survivor Series, perhaps Rumble and a few Raws. If that IS the case, they need to do something to make this match bigger than life rather than just having Cena/Rock for people to buy.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Yes it will easily. It’s going to blow that match out of the water with hardly no effort in any shape or form. If you mean by in-ring performance, most likely not but everything else? Yes no question.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Match quality wise, probably not. The crowd will have the ability to make this match good but I don't see it beating Punk/Cena.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Of course, it's one of the biggest matches of all time, Cena/Punk was just 33 minutes average match with a great crowd to carry both of them.
Rock/Cena is a match that people would talk about for years and years to come, not a forgotten good wrestling match that there's 1000 like that.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
It will all depend on how well WWE book the feud from Survivor Series through to WrestleMania but both men are great at building feuds up and their star power added to the fact it is at WrestleMania and in the hometown of The Rock tells me yes. From an in ring perspective it won't be as great but then neither man is known for their in ring work and what i expect to see is a match very similar to Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock at WrestleMania 17 as brawl and a major finish.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Match quality wise, not a chance. Rock is a decent wrestler at best and Cena's pretty good but has his flaws as well. In terms of atmosphere, momentum, and possibly hype, it will top Cena/Punk and I think it will be the only match currently in the WWE that can top Cena/Punk.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,964 Posts
Why do they have to be compared? Cena/Punk will be this years MOTY and Cena/Rock will most likely be 2012's MOTY.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Just to clear things up...

Match: Punk/Cena was an outstanding match with great storytelling and very good execution. The match told a wonderful story though. Rock/Cena SHOULD have fairly good storytelling to it as well but you have to wonder what 7 years out of the ring will do to the Rock. I don't care if he's been training off screen, seven years aging certainly doesn't help. It could easily be a good match but I'd put my money there on Punk/Cena being the better match in terms of quality.

Hype/Excitement/Crowd: Rock/Cena wins here. Obviously the crowd was great for Punk/Cena but this is a larger than life WM main event between the icon of yesterday and the icon of today. Obviously the hype will be unbelievable for this one. This is a match with a years worth of notice to build and something that even people that aren't fans of them are interested in seeing.

Overall Rock/Cena will be the bigger match, but I think when it comes to quality, people looking for a better match to watch will want to watch Punk/Cena. I don't really like comparing these two much because they're not going to be anything alike though.

Edit: Damn :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.