Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. did you forget he was a COMEDY commissioner who did NO wrestling back in the attitude era? and jericho peed in his tea? he is also a pretty damn funny guy. so he is totally at home in the comedy segments. yea i would rather see him wrestle but regal marks are making it out that its totally beneath him, when its far from the truth. so get over it please?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I refuse to get over it!

He's a great talent, who WRESTLED during the AE (contrary to your opinion), and WWE used his mic abilities to use him as a comedy character, but he still wrestled and wrestles better than ANYONE in the entire locker room. Maybe you should get over it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't have an issue with Regal being in comedy segments, as he's brilliant in them. The main problem for me, is him constantly being bested by Santino in a feud that isn't going anywhere, a feud that doesn't serve much of a purpose and a feud that seems to be turning Regal into Raw's new "Chavo".

It's annoying because he is certainly talented enough to be used in a better capacity.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I don't mind him being in comedy segments. I'm a fan and wish he would wrestle more, but he's one of the very few on RAW that actually make me legitimately laugh.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I refuse to get over it!

He's a great talent, who WRESTLED during the AE (contrary to your opinion), and WWE used his mic abilities to use him as a comedy character, but he still wrestled and wrestles better than ANYONE in the entire locker room. Maybe you should get over it...
This!

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
ok. did you forget he was a COMEDY commissioner who did NO wrestling back in the attitude era? and jericho peed in his tea? he is also a pretty damn funny guy. so he is totally at home in the comedy segments. yea i would rather see him wrestle but regal marks are making it out that its totally beneath him, when its far from the truth. so get over it please?
As others have said, Regal wrestled plenty of matches during the Attitude Era. His rematch with Test for the European title was one of the best matches Test ever had, if not the best. He had some great matches with Rock and a fantastic tv match with Austin. I'd go as far as to say that only Chris Benoit was putting on matches as consistently good as Regal during that period, at least on tv.

Now sure, today I wouldn't be pushing him as a legit title contender but I would definitley book him to be stronger than he is right now. He has the ability to make some of the developmental guys look like world beaters if he's given the time and to use like they do is a waste.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
He's a great wrestler , with great mic skills. He should be doing more imo.

They have given him a shit comedy roll , but you know what...he has dominated it. He's hilarious. It just speaks to the versatility of this guy and just how much he owns any roll he's in.
HOF

·
Ichi Bakayaro
9,086 Posts
Regal is a very funny guy, but there's so much more to him than that. And despite the silly role he's been put in, he remains a professional on screen and it still entertaining as hell. He's a fantastic wrestler and he's legitimately funny, unlike the vast majority.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I refuse to get over anything that involves William Regal being treated like a joke. His situation is a microcosm of the way WWE treats guys with any damn wrestling ability.

And aside from that, his promo ability is better than 90% of the guys on the roster too.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
he did NO wrestling back in the attitude era
I seem to remember him wrestling a lot in WCW and WWF during the Attiutde era. Including a really stiff match with Goldberg on Nitro and a match with Sean Waltman @ Suvivor Series '98 in the WWF title tornament.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Regal deserves so much more. Jeff failed a drugs test, still got the title right? And don't give me the same old shit that he was over with the kids. As someone has already said he could Wrestle in the AE and his mic skills were used in line with it. He still to this day can wrestle better than most if not all of the wrestlers on the WWE roster.

·
Bow down
1,419 Posts
Regal is a hero IMO, as is Goldust.

Just because WWE has dropped shit on them for the last few years shouldn't take away their credibility.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, i was totally wrong about regal wrestling. but i could only remember him being the commishioner and not wrestling while he was the commisioner, only wrestling afterwards. so even though i didnt research it at all and my memory totally failed me, my point still stands, he was being used in a comedy, non wrestling role, nearly ten years ago before what he is doing now.. so it seems silly to say he is beneath this kind of stuff he is doing right now.

also, tonnes of guys arent getting used right.. regal has pretty much had his day at least.. its less tragic than christian for example..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts