Wrestling Forum banner

Can Owens please stop using The Stunner?

7655 95
Can he please just go back to using the Pop up Powerbomb as his finisher? that finisher was his, no one else in the past ever done it, when you hear the name of that move you think of Owens.

Why start using a finisher made famous by someone else? it was just like when Seth was using the Pedigree i hated it.

Not to mention i've hated about all the stunners Owens has done, whether it be from how the guy takes it or how Owens does it, it just never looks good to me. And it can't be good on Owens' hip dropping down like that every match on his ass, the Pop Up Powerbomb seemed like a more sensible move that wont have wear and tear on your body.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· HOES MAD
24,947 Posts
There's something about Austin when he did it that had such power, "attitude", and presence about it. When Owens does it, it comes off as a parody.

Using it as a strong move once and a while is fine but yeah, I'd prefer his popup powerbomb. Or hell, give him his package piledriver back.

· Registered
29,994 Posts
I don’t know, I like Owens using the Stunner if he’s going back to face.

I can’t give you a good reason why, but I think it just fits him with his attitude and demeanor. To me the Pop Up Powerbomb, even the sitout version, never really felt right for him because of his height.

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's something about Austin when he did it that had such power, "attitude", and presence about it. When Owens does it, it comes off as a parody.

Using it as a strong move once and a while is fine but yeah, I'd prefer his popup powerbomb. Or hell, give him his package piledriver back.
Well one big thing is it just looks bad when a fat guy does it.

Also yeah i don't get why they wont let him do the Package Piledriver, i mean its easily the most safest piledriver to take, plus Mysterio and Andrade was doing the fucking Canadian destroyer every week a while ago.

· We're all mad here....
2,822 Posts
AUSTIN STOLE KO'S FINISH! KO should confront him on the podcast about it!
KO already confronted him about it on twitter. He said that he and Stone Cold are "even" now that each has stolen each other's finish.

The odd thing about that is that he claims that Stone Cold stole the pop-up powerbomb from him FIVE YEARS before KO even started wrestling.

Hmmm.....

Lol good find, although thats not a pop up powerbomb perse
KO called it a pop-up powerbomb on twitter.

· Banned
5,126 Posts
KO already confronted him about it on twitter. He said that he and Stone Cold are "even" now that each has stolen each other's finish.

The odd thing about that is that he claims that Stone Cold stole the pop-up powerbomb from him FIVE YEARS before KO even started wrestling.

Hmmm.....
Pffffft, mere details!

The point is Austin's a hypocrite.

· Registered
6,412 Posts
I love face Owens using the stunner.

He looks like a Stone Cold mega fan, it works.

I just wish he did the kick to the guts first... or “put some stank on it” as Stone Cold said in their interview a couple of years ago. Must be instructed not to include the kick.

· Registered
112 Posts
Lol good find, although thats not a pop up powerbomb perse, more so just Ken Shamrock going for a hurricanrana and Austin countering it with a powerbomb. Cause Austin doesn't really pop him up there he just waits for Ken to jump and slams him down for a powerbomb.
Cena and Luke Harper and some other guy a few weeks ago who I'm having trouble recalling have used the pop-up sitout powerbomb

I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,574 Posts
It's not like Steve is ever coming back to wrestle. So fair use and all that. Just like the dirty deeds variation should go to drew now that moxley has left.

But yes he does need to work on the execution

· Banned
5,126 Posts
It's not like Steve is ever coming back to wrestle. So fair use and all that. Just like the dirty deeds variation should go to drew now that moxley has left.

But yes he does need to work on the execution
I mean Drew does the DDT differently by wrapping his legs around the target on the way down, so it's different to begin with. I don't see the problem.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.