Wrestling Forum banner

Can Justin gabriel be a main eventer in WWE one day?

• Yes.He is talented and have a lot of fans

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No.He's mic skills sucks

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Asuka
96,371 Posts
Anybody CAN be a main eventer, so that's kind of a ridiculous question. All Vince needs to do is get a wild hair up his ass one day and decide this guy is getting a push.

WILL he be? Which is the real issue. Real main eventer? I don't see it. Transitional world champion once or twice, it's possible. Probably gonna be a midcard face for most of his career like Kofi Kingston, though. He's one of those guys that seems perfectly suited to the opening or mid way match on the card to get the crowd pumped up for the bigger stuff.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
More or less agree with Pyro here. In-ring, I think he proved in his bouts against Cena and Orton that he can at least hang very well with WWE's top guys. His finisher has become one of the most over in WWE. He's become surprisingly successful in the heel role, but his mic time has been steadily reduced in the past few months. So, yes, he can, and I think it's fair to estimate that WWE's rather high on him, but it's all going to have to come together for him, as with most other guys.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i could def see him being main event material. i just dont think he will be given that opportunity regardless. he has the ring skill, and pretty good mic skills. but as far as nxt season 1 the only ones likely to be huge is obv barret, ottunga being forced into our throats, and bryan but thats only if they decide to run with how great he is

·
One Winged Angel
3,697 Posts
Anybody CAN be a main eventer, so that's kind of a ridiculous question. All Vince needs to do is get a wild hair up his ass one day and decide this guy is getting a push.

WILL he be? Which is the real issue. Real main eventer? I don't see it. Transitional world champion once or twice, it's possible. Probably gonna be a midcard face for most of his career like Kofi Kingston, though. He's one of those guys that seems perfectly suited to the opening or mid way match on the card to get the crowd pumped up for the bigger stuff.
Exactly.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Right now I have my doubts, his mic skills leave a lot to be desired (he looks like a frightened rabbit in front of FCW crowds, never mind the much bigger WWE ones). His booking has also suffered recently, in the wake of Sheffield's injury I got the feeling they were planning to put him in the enforcer role, an unusual choice considering his size but Arn Anderson was never the biggest and he made it work.

So right now it's up in the air. As Pyro says, if Vince wants it to happen it almost certainly will unless the crowd completely turns against him and that's unlikely because he has the skills, he just needs to work on his nervousness on the mic and, once that's taken care of, be given an opportunity to showcase his in-ring abilities.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ok, then, don't put a maybe option. I imagine after the Nexus splits they could turn him face and build up a decent rivalry with Wade Barrett once the latter's done with Cena. Maybe they make him what Cena needs to bring down the Nexus, but it looks like they're giving that role to Ten-Ton-ga

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
He can, but I wouldn't like to see it. Honestly, right now is the perfect time to boost the credibility of the midcard titles, back to what they used to be. I know the talent is nothing like it used to be, but there's still some very good midcard talent in the WWE. Gabriel would be a good challenger for Bryan's US title.

Smackdown IC: Hawkins, Big Show, Chavo, Rhodes, Hawkins, Ziggler, Zeke, Swagger, JTG, Kaval, Barretta, Reks, McIntyre

Smackdown WHC: Del Rio, Masters, Christian, Edge, Kane, Kofi, Undertaker, Mysterio

RAW US: Bryan, Bourne, Goldust, Gabriel, Henry, Tarver, Primo, Sheamus, DiBiase, Kidd, Regal, Tatsu, Ryder

RAW WWE: Punk, Cena, Morrison, Sheamus, Miz, HHH, Barrett

You could get a fair few storylines between each guy, and build up some real stars out of these guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts