Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Cena is actually a WWE superstar and a strong man,

but let's say somebody who isn't in UFC and not in WWE either can lift on his level and also trains in MMA at a gym, would he be able to take Cena out in a real fight?

Cena only does fake wrestling, and it's hard for me to believe that cena can even defend himself in that kind of situation. Strength is not going to completely help him.. really.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're under the assumption that Cena only trains in "fake" wrestling. Are you 100% sure that's all he does?
I can't find anything about Cena doing boxing or all those other combat sports that require skills to defend yourself in real life situations. All I see Cena doing is lifting and taking bumps in a WWE ring that's it.

He had a football career in high school and college, but it doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to somebody who is big and has skills to fight him.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
He legitimately has nine security guards with him when he gets off the plane so I don't think he'd ever need to.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I can't find anything about Cena doing boxing or all those other combat sports that require skills to defend yourself in real life situations. All I see Cena doing is lifting and taking bumps in a WWE ring that's it.

He had a football career in high school and college, but it doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to somebody who is big and has skills to fight him.
So you're assuming he doesn't. Regardless, the dude wrestled a match with a torn tricep. I'd think he can handle his own.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you're assuming he doesn't. Regardless, the dude wrestled a match with a torn tricep. I'd think he can handle his own.
WWE is performing and protecting people who you work with in the ring. Some or half of the rosters can't really wrestle like Lesnar, Jericho, and Lashley can. Those guys had amateur wrestling background aka real wrestling.

I can see John Cena getting knocked out by a non WWE/UFC person from an MMA gym if he is just as strong as him.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,529 Posts
He would get his ass kicked... He takes no real bumps and he's practically a little boy in ActionMan's body.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Probably not but don't care. Shamrock and a handful of other guys would have twisted Austin in half yet Austin is the one kayfaybe standing up to Tyson.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Probably not but don't care. Shamrock and a handful of other guys would have twisted Austin in half yet Austin is the one kayfaybe standing up to Tyson.
No, because there are quite number of guys who do MMA, and my friend is one of the people who can beat up a lot of people at his gym. So if he can kick Cena's ass in real life to show that Cena is only big and strong with no skills, then it's embarrassing for WWE to have recruited someone like Cena into the organization.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No, because there are quite number of guys who do MMA, and my friend is one of the people who can beat up a lot of people at his gym. So if he can kick Cena's ass in real life to show that Cena is only big and strong with no skills, then it's embarrassing for WWE to have recruited someone like Cena into the organization.
Are you aware of how ridiculous that train of thought is?

·
Registered
915 Posts
He wouldn't last a minute in UFC obviously but I safely say he could beat the shit out of most average men without too much hassle. The man's built like a tank and strong as hell.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.