Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if I can put up the Banners on this site on my website while giving the appropriate credit.
Thanx

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
If the banner maker gives you permission it's ok.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Use any banner you want. F*ck the person who made it. They made it for the purpose of being used, so that's exactly what is being done. Taking credit for it is a whole other story.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Well, there's a copyright issue here, to be honest. It could be argued that the banner maker licenses their work to be used here.

·
15,672 Posts
Incorrect. Simply by making it you own the copyright. Ownership isn't optional unless it's given up.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
And where's the proof that the designer made it? Not everyone keeps the hardcopies of stuff. And even then, how do we know they didn't just download the psd somewhere? How do I know you really made your banner? How can you prove it?

·
15,672 Posts
Firstly, stop arguing about something that you aren't clued up about. Secondly, I was merely pointing out that it's not BB's place to tell people that they can use anyone's work wherever they want, because it's not. Your aggression is misplaced and unwelcome, your argument as watertight as a collander.

N

·
0 Posts
Flash said:
Firstly, stop arguing about something that you aren't clued up about. Secondly, I was merely pointing out that it's not BB's place to tell people that they can use anyone's work wherever they want, because it's not. Your aggression is misplaced and unwelcome, your argument as watertight as a collander.
OZ and BB are pretty much right...in a way.

Unless someone goes around, puts a graphic on a website design, tries to make money off the banner, does something offensive towards the banner creator with his 'property,' or takes credit, there's nothing to worry about. If banner makers were smart, they'd put their real names on banners rather than usernames, too.

Still, it's nothing no one is going to sue over. It's possible that someone could, but the amount of money used would be wasteful. Plus, it's only a banner -- not something like a site design, which takes loads of time and is something many people make a living out of.

Bottom line: no one is going to 'sue' over something so trivial as a banner.

I mean, is the person who made Air Hendrix's banner (possibly himself? unsure) going to sue you because you added the "d" to his work? You didn't make it, and you didn't get permission, yet you posted it. Suing you.

o

·
15,672 Posts
I know that (and wasn't suggesting they would) but whatever-his-name-is-now decided to question what I did put and was incorrect, from the legal perspective. From the moral perspective, saying "f*ck the person who made it" is ridiculous.

·
15,672 Posts
I agree with the additions, but it doesn't change the fact that it is up to banner makers to decide whether they want their work "exhibited" anywhere on the web, not BB. I still think "f*ck the person who made it" is an unnecessary contribution of no value at all. Also, copyright isn't necessarily about litigation, which is why I wasn't talking about (or even thinking about) the suing aspect of it. There are plenty of defences for my amendment to that banner. I shall spare everyone what they are. :)

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Flash, stfu. You know nothing. Unless something is patented, has a copyright notice on-hand, or is just, IT IS NOT F*CKING COPYRIGHTED! A banner made and put out without any notice is free to be used ANYWHERE!

·
15,672 Posts
BabyBoy said:
Flash, stfu. You know nothing. Unless something is patented, has a copyright notice on-hand, or is just, IT IS NOT F*CKING COPYRIGHTED! A banner made and put out without any notice is free to be used ANYWHERE!
Don't make me laugh. Your post illustrates the fact that it is you who lacks any kind of authority on this subject. You don't need a document or a patent for something to be copyrighted, it just aids the proving of ownership.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts