Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If Lesnar and Reigns leave, I think the federation could capitalize on them as the top guys in the federation. McIntyre has proven in 2020-2021 to be a believable world champion and Cody has had a crazy pop since his return and has already proven himself a lot in WWE, NJPW and AEW.

·
Waiting for Kawato
4,462 Posts
I don't really see it, long-term. They're both heading towards 40, and the new man in charge will hopefully start building for the future. Also, Drew has the neck trouble which means he could be on borrowed time anyway.

For the next couple of years? Absolutely.

·
Registered
14,872 Posts
Reigns hadn't even debuted on main roster by this point in 2012. Banks/Charlotte/Becky were all three years from making their debut, in fact none were even signed to company in August 2012.

Brock had just returned and had one match and lost..

Predicting the future of this business is absolutely pointless. I bet if you look back to this month 10 years ago lots of people were predicting Ziggler, Del Rio, Dibiase Jr, Alex Riley to have multiple title reins in the 2010s..

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m still trying to get how it will work but I have drew wining at clash. The problem is he’s on smackdown so does he win the universal and Borin Roman keeps the wwe (raw) title?

I hope drew takes something and possibly feuds Rollins all the way to rumble. Rollins then takes the title at rumble (like in the good old days when titles changed hands at ppvs) with Cody rocking up as the last man entering the rumble and winning it.

My issue is will we be able to have a short Rollins reign for Cody to win a mania or will that feud have to take a while?

·
Registered
248 Posts
If Lesnar and Reigns leave, I think the federation could capitalize on them as the top guys in the federation. McIntyre has proven in 2020-2021 to be a believable world champion and Cody has had a crazy pop since his return and has already proven himself a lot in WWE, NJPW and AEW.
Theory is the next guy. and maybe MJF (wrestler proved to be not reliable)

few years ago cody said his doctor said he has the body of a 40 years old. i think it was during his indie years.

people on this forum just ignore age and wear in professional wrestling. but it is real. the wrestlers feel it. especially when they pop a shoulder from a side bump.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I don’t see anyone else besides them and Roman. However both Cody and Drew are the same age as Roman and I don’t really see them dethroning him unless he retires to Hollywood or gets injured .

Toward the second half of the 2020s I could see new guys like Theory or Breaker to be ready and be big players too but that’s a big IF. Right now Cody and Drew are the only ones that have a chance to be on Romans level

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both are extremely talented and have two of the best recent pg HIAC matches ever (McIntyre vs Lashley 2021 and Rhodes vs Rollins 2022) to their resume, sadly they aren't that great on the mic, well Drew at least, Cody is actually good and I can see him as the new FOTC under HHH's regime now that Vince is gone.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Reigns hadn't even debuted on main roster by this point in 2012. Banks/Charlotte/Becky were all three years from making their debut, in fact none were even signed to company in August 2012.

Brock had just returned and had one match and lost..

Predicting the future of this business is absolutely pointless. I bet if you look back to this month 10 years ago lots of people were predicting Ziggler, Del Rio, Dibiase Jr, Alex Riley to have multiple title reins in the 2010s..
Absolutely correct. Ken Kennedy was another . Everyone loved him

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It’s hard to predict as you just don’t know how long guys want to do this for. One thing we do know, though, is athletes are taking caring of themselves much better and still able to work at a high level, well into their 40s, even as full time guys - I.E. Lashley & Styles.

They have a strong nucleus of guys all around the same age range, that could realistically go another 6-8 years if they choose to. Rollins, Cody, Drew, Kross, Gunther, Owens, Riddle, & Zayn.

And then you have Breakker (fuck I hope they change his name) Theory, & Ford as the next guys in line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts