Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought about this seeing how he has a sleeping problem along with catching colds and having head aches. Also back when he had a fractured skull did he ever state how he cope with the pain

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
Didn't he point this out during his feud with Hardy? He got thumbed in the eye during a match and brought up eye drops he was using that needed a prescription.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
According to Jeff Hardy, Punk uses Ambien, which is a prescription drug for insomnia.

Atleast that's what Hardy claimed in that stupid diner "shoot promo" he did after leaving WWE.

·
I AM SO KAFKAESQUE
1,782 Posts
Straight Edge has nothing to do with prescription drugs, as long as you're not abusing them or using them recreationally, of course. It's about not falling into a lifestyle of addiction or chemical dependency (some straight edge individuals don't have recreational sex either).

He can use medicine with or without a prescription.

At least that's what Hardy claimed in that stupid diner "shoot promo" he did after leaving WWE.
Was that the one where Jeff was completely wasted and calling Punk a nerd?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Straight Edge has nothing to do with prescription drugs, as long as you're not abusing them or using them recreationally, of course. It's about not falling into a lifestyle of addiction or chemical dependency (some straight edge individuals don't have recreational sex either).

Pretty much this. Straight Edge isn't a black-and-white lifestyle, but rather, a very flexible way of life. Not to draw attention away from the topic to myself, but I'm also Straight Edge. I've had to take pain killers and antibiotics for a particular surgery I had, and during that surgery I was, of course, put under. I pretty much just avoid illegal drugs, alcohol, and nicotine/tobacco products (and sometimes wear douchey pro straight-edge shirts).

To answer your question OP, it really just depends on how strict his regimen is.

·
I AM SO KAFKAESQUE
1,782 Posts
Just wondering OP, when did CM Punk fracture his skull?
I know he did in 2002 while he was in IWA: MS, but I don't know if this is what OP was specifically referring to.

·
Registered
361 Posts

This.

The only sXers that don't take medicine are hardliners, and even then it's not all of them.

·
Banned
11,717 Posts
Just thought about this seeing how he has a sleeping problem along with catching colds and having head aches. Also back when he had a fractured skull did he ever state how he cope with the pain

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
He did actually. IIRC correctly he refused morphine and didn't take any pain killers. He does the same for any of his injuries. It was one of his pre-WWE shoots. Might've been the one with Joe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts