• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say yes, he is the most talented guy on the roster in the ring and on mic and he appeals to people of any age I believe we will see Cena still being the face of the WWE ten years from now. :cool:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I say yes, he is the most talented guy on the roster in the ring and on mic and he appeals to people of any age I believe we will see Cena still being the face of the WWE ten years from now. :cool:
Thanks needed a laugh there.

But yes given wwe's protection of their moneymakers, this could conceivably happen. Of course about 2 of those reigns will actually be fondly remembered.

·
Asuka
96,224 Posts
LOL, most talented. Gutwrenching.

No. Despite all the jokes people make, he'll never get anywhere near 30, nobody will ever get anywhere near 30. He'll beat Flair, unfortunately, but there's a line that has to be drawn. I think even Vince McMahon understands that. Hopefully by the time he's approaching 17 or 18, McMahon has found a new top guy, whether it's CM Punk, Miz or somebody who hasn't even debuted. In a couple of years, Cena's going to have to start taking on the Shawn Michaels role and take a few steps back.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Cena's going to have to start taking on the Shawn Michaels role and take a few steps back.
Like that's going to happen? When he was booked to lose to Miz at Wrestlemania he completely sandbagged him at every chance, he buried ADR and Mysterio and got himself involved in the title picture at every opportunity.

There is no way Cena will want to step down as the #1 guy

·
Asuka
96,224 Posts
I didn't say he would want to, but you can't be the top guy FOREVER. A standard run as the top dog of a promotion is about 6 to 8 years, which is something Cena's already approaching. I'm sure he can pull a little more out of it than that, but I just can't see Cena as the top guy when he's around 38 and approaching 40. By then, he'll be like a 20 time champion, will have beaten Rock at WrestleMania, probably faced Taker at WrestleMania if he's still here. Even he'll probably be bored as hell by that point. Besides, Cena is not the draw he used to be. Ratings are stagnant, and CM Punk just overtook him as the #1 merchandise seller and that was his trump card over the rest of the roster.

As fas as what he did to ADR and Mysterio, ADR's still got the belt, and all that loss did was pad his resume even further, so who cares about the loss, and Rey's lucky he got the belt at all. If they didn't run that storyline he'd have never held the WWE title.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.