Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a serious question. Is there anyone that can defend WWE jobbing out Sandow after winning MITB?

It seems to be a tradition, it happened to Bryan and Ziggler but it happening to Sandow is the worst I've ever seen it happen.

I honestly don't think he's won more than 2 matches on Raw/Smackdown since winning. Why they do this just blows my mind. Then they wonder why nobody gives a shit about the new champion after they've just spent the last 5-6 months losing every match.

Is there anyone on the other side that can defend doing this?

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Yea.

He still has his briefcase.
Pretty much this...

He doesn't need to win. He's still the uncrowned World Champion.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
This is a serious question. Is there anyone that can defend WWE jobbing out Sandow after winning MITB?

It seems to be a tradition, it happened to Bryan and Ziggler but it happening to Sandow is the worst I've ever seen it happen.

I honestly don't think he's won more than 2 matches on Raw/Smackdown since winning. Why they do this just blows my mind. Then they wonder why nobody gives a shit about the new champion after they've just spent the last 5-6 months losing every match.

Is there anyone on the other side that can defend doing this?
I agree with what u said.

Just remmember - Sandow was jobbing before the MITB

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now that Cena is back and presumably will defeat ADR for the WHC, I think they're going to flush Sandow down the toilet. He'll try to cash in and fail and then go onto jobbing until he eventually disappears.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The booking of the whole ordeal is just atrocious.

I may be beating the dead horse at this point but it's incredibly frustrating that Sandow hasn't been built up well at all since winning the briefcase. The briefcase hasn't marked Sandow as a future main eventer in the making. It hasn't put him in the spotlight. He just doesn't come across as anything special right now. I don't really see any validation for the de-push, but he lost all sense of "future star" almost immediately.

I have no problem with Sandow being the candidate to become future World Champion. He's one of the best options they have if they're wanting a new top heel on SmackDown to build the brand around. But the approach they're doing to get him there is just piss-poor at best.

I'd certainly suggest that they go another route in promoting him, building his momentum, or something of that nature before seriously considering a run towards a World Title. However, that should've come & gone by the time he was ever even CONSIDERED for a run with one of the big belts.

From my position, I'm given the impression that Sandow would cash it in out of nowhere with no proper build beforehand, which I don't find appealing in the least. I hate the idea of establishing credibility with a guy after they're already wearing the belt. It's ass-backwards booking at its finest. And it's just something I can't ever see myself growing to appreciate or even tolerate.

If he's been booked well, whether or not Sandow actually wins the title when he cashes in won't matter as much as it would for someone struggling to maintain their identity or status in the eyes of fans. The fact that he won the briefcase should have made him a crucial figure on TV week in week out. In his current form, having him win the World Tile will devalue the title, hinder the importance of the briefcase even further, and pretty much accomplish nothing for the long-term scheme of things. That's why this is just so bizarre.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imagine if Austin had lost every single match before Mania 14 then beat Michaels for the belt in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Cody/Sandow feud flopping so hard may have changed plans. Also, I haven't been impressed by Sandow ringwork and he has been looking slightly flabby lately. I don't feel the usual excitement of a MITB winner floating out there.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Sandow's booking has being horrid. If he actually cashes in and wins, no one will care if it continues at this rate.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Cena will beat ADR in a half assed match at Hell in a Cell, Sandow cashes in on Cena, putting Sandow firmly on the map and "re-injures" Cena who then returns FULLY at Royal Rumble.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
No, its been terrible. But they do it to most of the MITB case winners. Why? Like I've said, the thought process is to keep them in the background, so that when they do cash in, it is a shock. Unfortunately, by having him lose over and over again, they just make him look like he doesn't belong at WHC level from the start, and his reign begins with him knocked down a couple of pegs, which a title win should be the culmination of something that's been built up as something significant.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'll defend it....When has the booking been good since maybe 09-10 for a WHC MITB winner? It's the norm and I thought most would have known this...Poor thing called optimism

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Damien Sandow's booking is horrible since his debuts and he should've never be MR. Money In The Bank anyway. He have a lot of potential but since he is in the WWE, he NEVER had a real feud, I feel that everybody should have a title like the IC Title before they can challenge for the big one. He was never booked as the winner, it's strange to know that he is a future world champ

·
Registered
339 Posts
The curse of the briefcase it seems.

Any Money in the Bank matches from now on you will desperately want 'your guy' not to win.

If Sandow does successfully cash in the briefcase how am i supposed to believe he can defend it for a week.

I guess thats part of the fascination?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Cody/Sandow feud flopping so hard may have changed plans. Also, I haven't been impressed by Sandow ringwork and he has been looking slightly flabby lately. I don't feel the usual excitement of a MITB winner floating out there.
When has Sandow not looked flabby?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts