Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked WWE.com site and i didn't see his bio on Raw superstar page. I know he's signed to personal contract as The Miz's apprentice but does that mean he's automatically also signed to Raw contract? I don't understand about all this contract-thingy lol but from what i understand if you're not exclusively signed to the brand you cannot compete for the title belts, am i right? Has this ever been explained on Raw? Maybe i missed it, i'm just wondering.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
It wouldn't matter because Riley won't be competing for titles for a while. When they do start having him contend for titles, they'll "sign" him to a contract.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would enjoy seeing him challenge Kaval for his title shot and getting a contract that way. I know all the Kaval fans would hate that, but Riley could actually talk his way into the main event, seriously. People who say he's boring or he's not very good on the mic haven't paid very much attention to him.

·
Banned
99 Posts
It really doesnt even matter.. Riley is not near anything important right now and wont get a shot for a title in forever

·
Asuka
96,377 Posts
I don't think so. He doesn't wrestle on a regular basis and isn't a Raw contracted wrestler. I'm hoping they hurry up with it but I'm guessing they don't sign him at all and just release him after a while.

I don't think there's any restrictions preventing Miz from awarding him the US title, or something like that (as if that would ever happen), but no, he can't compete for them.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hopefully while the miz is a midcard/main eventer riley being his bitch should be short term he's so much more talented then miz and will go onto far greater things then miz if given a chance to breakthrough in the coming months.

·
Banned
81 Posts
He will never compete for titles. I can picture it now.

Announcer: This match is scheduled for one fall and is for the United States championship! Introducing first accompanied by The Miz, Alex Riley! And his opponent...the U.S champion... DANIEL BRYAN!

*Before Daniel Bryan's music plays, Alex Riley is attacking Miz and hitting his finisher on him*

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I thought alex riley can only compete for championships if the champion is black. am i wrong here?

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised that after all the Miz hype and push slows down he will go down as well and back to FCW. Not that it is a good thing I am just saying, it's likely the WWE will do that.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised that after all the Miz hype and push slows down he will go down as well and back to FCW. Not that it is a good thing I am just saying, it's likely the WWE will do that.
I definitely think it's a good thing if he spent more time in FCW. He's got good mic skills, but absolutely no ring awareness.

I think he should go back down there for about 5 months and come back with a new gimmick.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You guys need to watch his 25 min match with Justin Gabriel, Riley's a pretty good wrestler. Remember that for most of NXT he was injured and couldn't work long matches. WWE isn't going to release him, infact he's been getting more mic time. Even at house shows too! The thing is, Kaval won NXT, not Riley. So they can't have Riley booked higher than he is right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts