Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Black is a lot shorter but they both have/had similar "dead man" type characters and Undertaker wasn't that over at all when he first started out but he gradually began to get more and more fans behind him as Black seems to be doing. I really see big things in Black's future if they continue to push him right.

I can't be the only one who feels that Black tries to pattern himself after the Undertaker but with his own unique moves/touches to go with it like sitting Indian style in the middle of the ring and his "black mass" finisher.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I personally don't think so. A lot of the appeal with the Undertaker was the mystery about him and the cool backstory he had with Bearer and Kane. Alistair does have a bit of that but we've already heard him speak a lot, and while he delivers promos well there isn't much substance to anything he says.

Also Black doesn't have the size. He reminds me more like a face version of Raven but without a group or a bit like early, metal CM Punk.

That said, they've done a pretty good job building Black and I'm excited to see where it goes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yea he can’t be the undertaker type without the size- takers size and physical presence were huge factor for his success .

Promos are ok but they won’t ever be enough of he doesn’t have that larger than life 6’8 jacked body.

He should focus on being the first Alister Black instead and be original and his own person , this way he will have a lot better chance to get over than a cheap smaller version of Taker

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,751 Posts
He can't be the new undertaker as there's only one dead man but he can be the first Aleister Black, I dont mean that as a put down but he has a lot going for him and that finisher is deadly , he has it all look , Presence, ability and can cut a decent promo , his time will come, we just gotta be patient.

He is on his way, he is getting pushed just takes time,

Peace.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Naw.. i guess you can see the similarities if you try really hard too. Aside from the occult shit they dont have much in common. Aleister could be an interesting character but WWE cant invest in creating memorable characters

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,766 Posts
Nah. He can be the first Black though. He has his own style there’s no need to play into the Deadman gimmick. He’s more of a “lone wolf in darkness” than a Deadman. I agree that he does have a big future. I just hope they don’t leave him off of Mania. The plan should be Aleister Black vs The Undertaker but they have AJ vs Taker planned which doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

·
NO SPIN ZONE
659 Posts
He can't/won't.

But that is completely OK.

His character is fine just the way it is. Definitely my favorite wrestler in WWE right now.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
No way. He doesn't have the presence the Undertaker had. Not even close. And except for the tattoos, Black looks mostly generic.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
If he'd come to the main roster with more of a push maybe, but he's been on the roster for how long and has meaningless feuds and matches.
The closest thing to the next Undertaker is The Fiend but that's even a stretch.

·
Registered
22,949 Posts
The comparisons between Taker and Black end after the dark entrances and the gothic looks (and the tattoos).

After that there's nothing. Taker is a supernatural figure. Black is normal guy with a dark aura about him. Their in ring styles are completely different. Taker is built to dominate because of his size. Black is not. Taker feels like a spectacle when he's out there. Black does not.

And let me be clear, I like Black a lot, but his aura and character does not match Taker. The only thing close to that now is The Fiend.

·
Southern Pride
2,963 Posts
No one will ever be the next Undertaker. The Undertaker is The Undertaker. One of a kind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts