Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the iwc alway moans about the how wwe f***ed things up which they do now and agian. this thread is dedicated to those decisions that that the wwe did get right. any era any superstar any push/burial win loss anything.

i will start of with some thing more recent. brocks comeback should have been on raw rather than wm just like it was. it was ironic that he re debuted on the same show 10 years later after his first debut.

on a side note something with more substance punk going clean over jericho was the smart move. jericho had lost his momentum of very little he built up and a loss to jericho would not have done punk any good only to beat him in the next match.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Punk/Hardy feud
Jericho/HBK feud
Benoit winning at WM XX
Guerrero's win over Lesnar

Just to name a few.

·
Registered
9,826 Posts
Cena going over both HHH & HBK back to back. At the time I hated it and like most people whined and complained, but it was crucial in establishing Cena as the top dog. When I think of Cena at Mania, I think of him celebrating at with the confetti raining down at WM23. Hogan had WM3, Austin had WM14, Cena had WM23.

·
Banned
120 Posts
CM Punk winning the WWE title at MITB.
That was terrible. WWE should have kept the title on Cena. Cena's the biggest draw and Punk has done nothing of note since becoming a pseudo-main eventer. Cena has overcome hate and stopped the unstoppable Lesnar, and he's done it while staying true to the Cenation values of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.

·
Registered
345 Posts
signing kurt angle shortly after he won an olympic gold medal. seriously, kurt angle breathed new life to the company.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Punk/Hardy feud
Jericho/HBK feud
Benoit winning at WM XX
Guerrero's win over Lesnar

Just to name a few.
Agreed with these 4 for sure. A few others that come to mind:

- The McMahon-Helmsley Regime
- Kurt Angle/Brock Lesnar feud
- Triple H/Stone Cold feud
- CM Punk's win at MITB
- The Rock going over Cena at Wrestlemania
- Miz's de-push

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Kurt Angle winning the WWF Championship at Unforgiven 2001.
CM Punk winning the WWE Championship at MITB 2001.
Hulk Hogan beating The Iron Sheik for the WWF Championship.
The Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania.
Vince McMahon allowing himself to take the Stone Cold Stunner from Steve Austin.

·
Banned
882 Posts
That was terrible. WWE should have kept the title on Cena. Cena's the biggest draw and Punk has done nothing of note since becoming a pseudo-main eventer. Cena has overcome hate and stopped the unstoppable Lesnar, and he's done it while staying true to the Cenation values of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.
Awww, poor Cena fan is mad cuz he got that ass whipped. Best thing to happen to WWE in years. Now if only Cena never wore the belt ever again.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
WM 13 Brett and Austin.
SS Deadly Games pushing rock as corporate champ
Kane's debut
Razor Ramon and HBK feud

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I do agree at times the "IWC" does complain too much about the current product. But at the same time some of those complaints are actually justified.

As far as WWF/E getting things right, how far do you want to go back, lol? B/c since the 60's they've gotten things right. The problem with WWE is they have a tendency to get things right and then invalidate it all with poor decision making.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts