Wrestling Forum banner

Calling it now!

2044 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Chismo
Something tells me that Christian will inadvertently costs his longtime friend Edge the World title at WM27 vs Alberto Del Rio. Possibly setting up a feud between the two post Wrestlemania. Thus, allowing Alberto to possibly feud with someone else like Mysterio again. Then, Edge being the Ultimate Opportunists would use his "Rematch Clause" down the line when we have all forgotten about it. What do you all think?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Half this forum has been calling Christian to be responsible for Edge losing the title. It's too obvious.

However, there is no "down the line" rematch clause. If somebody else challenges for the belt before you do, that's it.

· Banned
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Half this forum has been calling Christian to be responsible for Edge losing the title. It's too obvious.

However, there is no "down the line" rematch clause. If somebody else challenges for the belt before you do, that's it.
Yeah, but I am calling it now. Didn't know about the rematch clause. Since when wasn't wrestling obvious?

· Registered
865 Posts
pretty sure that if someone else challenges the champ b4 u ur rematch clause is pretty much invalid, well except cases like MiTB where u really didn't get a chance to call for a rematch(it's not a written rule or anything, but u can't exactly wait 6 months and then come back for a rematch), kinda like the champ has to defend his title every 30 days (though this rule is not really observed)

· Registered
819 Posts
That is a pretty uninspiring way of opening a feud.

It just makes both Edge and Christian look like idiots.

"you're suppose to b ma friend~!"
[/batista]
Agreed. There are way more creative way about doing this. Maybe Edge retains and Christian asks for a title shot? I think that's more likely. You could then turn either one of them heel. You could even throw ADR in there.

· Banned
429 Posts
How long will their feud last though?

I am asking this because they'll eventually have to fight again at Wrestlemania 28, which is basically Edge's last Wrestlemania.
I see one of two things happen, either A. they build them up as allies up to the draft, and then they'll separate the two up until January of next year (the rumble) where the Mania feud begins or B. The Edge vs. Christian feud begins at Mania until an immense main event at Summerslam.

· I like me
421 Posts
That's not always true. I'm guessing the rematch clause is the same for all titles, not just the wwe/world, and when Slater and Gabriel won the tag titles for Corre at Elimination Chamber they defended them, lost them, and won them back from Miz/Cena before Santino/Kozlov used their rematch clause. WWE can do whatever they want, they always do.

· Registered
82 Posts
Christian comes out and tries to cost Edge but Edge survives and beats Del Rio, Edge and Christian then feud and would make sense to have a TLC match at extreme rules, Del Rio feuds with someone over maybe a mini feud with the Rock to keep him in the know, then gets drafted to raw.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Christian comes out and tries to cost Edge but Edge survives and beats Del Rio, Edge and Christian then feud and would make sense to have a TLC match at extreme rules, Del Rio feuds with someone over maybe a mini feud with the Rock to keep him in the know, then gets drafted to raw.
It would make more sense for edge v christian to face at the TLC ppv itself. I think this will be their final blow off match.

So I can see them facing each other before in ppvs before a number of times.

· Registered
146 Posts
I was thinking something like ... Edge goes to spear ADR and Christian gets in the way, ADR pins Edge
Christian is pissed at Edge for hitting him with the spear, and Edge is pissed at Christian for getting in the way and costing him the title.
ADR feuds with someone else and Christian and Edge feud.

· Registered
2,765 Posts
I was thinking something like ... Edge goes to spear ADR and Christian gets in the way, ADR pins Edge
Christian is pissed at Edge for hitting him with the spear, and Edge is pissed at Christian for getting in the way and costing him the title.
ADR feuds with someone else and Christian and Edge feud.
More likely:

Great back and forth match between Edge and Del Rio, ref goes down, Ricardo and Clay get involved and are beating up Edge...Christian comes in for the save with a chair, Clay and Ricardo book it...Christian then turns around and hits Edge with a chair and gives him the KillSwitch. Christian revives ref, Del Rio pins Edge.

· Registered
896 Posts
I can see Del Rio "buying" Christian for Wrestlemania, so he can win the title and fulfill his destiny. Christian's price is a world title shot after he wins. Setting up Del Rio v Christian at ER where Edge then costs Christian the title. Cue Edge v Christian feud

· Registered
819 Posts
I can see Del Rio "buying" Christian for Wrestlemania, so he can win the title and fulfill his destiny. Christian's price is a world title shot after he wins. Setting up Del Rio v Christian at ER where Edge then costs Christian the title. Cue Edge v Christian feud
I'd mark if Christian pretended to go along with Del Rio, being payed off and all, and then hit the Killswitch on ADR.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.