April O'Neil>>>>>>>Sonya Deville.
April Ludgate>>>>>>>Sonya Deville.
Sonya Blade>>>>>>>Sonya Deville.
Red Sonja>>>>>>>Sonya Deville.
Cruella De Vil>>>>>>>Sonya Deville.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Speaking about Sonya, she said she want have proper feud with Asuka on her recent interview

"Asuka is in my opinion the greatest to ever do it. She's so well-rounded. She's so charismatic. She's hard-hitting. She's aggressive, fast. Everything that I like about wrestling is what Asuka does," Sonya explained. "I think our styles match up well. I think we're both heavy hitters, hard strikers. Every wrestler has good chemistry with another wrestler, more so than anybody else, and I just think that mine and Asuka's in-ring chemistry is incredible.

"I would love to show fans that one day. I know that moment in time will come," Sonya added. "She's respected because she's humble, she puts her head down and goes to work every day and outworks a lot of people on the roster. She's really that talented."
Source
It could happen last year if someone didn't interrupt it.

·
NBA
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Then you should watch the SDL women's battle royal 2018, crowds cheer both Asuka and Sonya, Charles literally killed both of them.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,438 Posts
Speaking about Sonya, she said she want have proper feud with Asuka on her recent interview

Source

It could happen last year if someone didn't interrupt it.
Poor woman is still clinging to that fantasy. The unfortunate reality is they'll never be important enough to get a feud to themselves. Much like Asuka only gets TV time to put over the 4HW or the odd flavour of the month heel, Sonya is only getting it to put over Mandy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't know about that: Sonya's gotten significantly more promo-time than Mandy, and more character development. She may or may not lose their next match, but I think they recognize that Sonya has significantly more fan support, even if a lot of it is simply from the LGBTQ community.

As for Sonya vs Asuka, yeah, a full-blown feud is unlikely to happen anytime soon. Though the draft is in October, so they may work some matches against one another in the Fall, if their face/heel alignments remain the same.

·
Registered
463 Posts
@RoyalAsuka You know, that's a possibility we probably hadn't considered that much: that Sasha and Bayley could just defend the tag-titles at SummerSlam. That way, the story of Sasha never being able to successfully defend a singles title is still in play, even if she holds onto the RAW title past SummerSlam. But who the heck knows what they've got planned for the Payback event the week after. I doubt Vince even does, given how often he seems to change his mind/re-write everything at the last-minute.
Yeah that can happen as well, tag titles defend at SummerSlam seems more likely

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Women's singles titles will be defended at a big 4 PPV. You can skip a title defense at a b-ppv for the tag titles, but not SummerSlam.

Not that any PPV with no crowds will truly be any more special than usual.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,395 Posts
Honestly, I kinda like Sonya.
Really?
I see no reason, why she is still on the program. I absolutly don`t care and I am tired of that MMA crap anyway. We already had Ronda, we still have Shayna. Here stuff with Mandy is boredom. Sonya is a lesbian, fine, who cares?

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
I want other women to be pushed too, just not above Asuka. Having dead or aborted feuds because the WWE thinks people only care about 5 or 6 women on the roster is problematic to Asuka too.

·
NBA
3,311 Posts
Really?
I see no reason, why she is still on the program. I absolutly don`t care and I am tired of that MMA crap anyway. We already had Ronda, we still have Shayna. Here stuff with Mandy is boredom. Sonya is a lesbian, fine, who cares?

Yeah, have no interest in them adding Sonya to the list Asuka has to job to or not get clean wins over.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
@Ger

I think Sonya has been ditch her MMA gimmick,she is more like psycho Victoria now, I'm not big fan but if Lacey somehow can get her opportunity by challenge Becky on PPV in less 6 months since her debut, why Sonya couldn't get same chance?

Off from Ger.
Apparently, WWE have plan to held draft in next month or probably September, Asuka probably could return to SDL, perhaps if she change her target from Sasha to Bayley or any kind scenario that make Asuka move to blue brand.

Oh, she still expecting Kairi to comeback

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Yeah I don't think Kairi is actually coming back. It's pretty obvious Asuka is going through the five stages of grief.

Also there are no plans to hold a draft any time soon. The site that reported that was Ringside News, which has no credibility at all. They lifted the story from Fightful Select and claimed that it was happening in September, when the Fightful Select article just mentioned that WWE wanted to run a draft, but it keeps getting pushed back. No set date however.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Women's singles titles will be defended at a big 4 PPV. You can skip a title defense at a b-ppv for the tag titles, but not SummerSlam.

Not that any PPV with no crowds will truly be any more special than usual.
Does it matter? Since 2 people involved (Sasha and Bayley) in tag picture are considered biggest stars in women division by company. As long as they are featured, it doesn't matter how. They might even make it winner takes all match.

This opens up room for them to do Nia/Shayna or Mandy/Sonya.

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Does it matter? Since 2 people involved (Sasha and Bayley) in tag picture are considered biggest stars in women division by company. As long as they are featured, it doesn't matter how. They might even make it winner takes all match.

This opens up room for them to do Nia/Shayna or Mandy/Sonya.
There is a reason why Charlotte is never in anything except title matches. They won't do Nia/Shayna or Mandy/Sonya unless it's on the kickoff show. They rarely ever do women's matches on a PPV main card without a title.

·
Registered
463 Posts
There is a reason why Charlotte is never in anything except title matches. They won't do Nia/Shayna or Mandy/Sonya unless it's on the kickoff show. They rarely ever do women's matches on a PPV main card without a title.
Mandy and Sonya is expected to be hair vs hair match. And if it happened, then no way it is getting off the main card.

And Nia had lot of non titles PPVs matches like against Sasha/Asuka. Charlotte had match with Trish last year too. If doing tag team match opens up room, they will surely go for it.

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Mandy and Sonya is expected to be hair vs hair match. And if it happened, then no way it is getting off the main card.

And Nia had lot of non titles PPVs matches like against Sasha/Asuka. Charlotte had match with Trish last year too. If doing tag team match opens up room, they will surely go for it.
Trish/Charlotte was a special attraction match.

Nia hasn't had a non title singles PPV match since the implementation of monthly dual-brand PPVs. They did non-title women's matches when PPVs were single branded only, but since they went dual brand they've only done mostly title matches. I think Natalya vs Ruby at TLC 2018 and Charlotte v Becky at Fastlane (and it was only to set up Wrestlemania) were the major non-title ones that made it to the main card.

And nobody gave a fuck about Natalya v Ruby and Charlotte v Becky was a rushed 4-5 minute match that was considered their worst match of their feud.

Matches between midcard women on PPV are simply very rare now.

1381 - 1400 of 1652 Posts