"Asuka"

·
NBA
3,343 Posts

·
NBA
3,343 Posts
It's there, ain't it?

That's current Hollywood churning out mediocre reboots in a nutshell. Waiting for the day they literally use that line to defend themselves from fans.

·
NBA
3,343 Posts
"Another Heathers Movie" that's probably what you'd title it.

·
NBA
3,343 Posts
Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
As I expected, they try to make Sasha look strong and maybe she will win over Io to boost her moral, but no one mad with Asuka defeated tonight.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
As I expected, they try to make Sasha look strong and maybe she will win over Io to boost her moral, but no one mad with Asuka defeated tonight.
I don't see WWE letting Sasha beat Io. Or at least definitely not clean, and it won't end with Bayley and Sasha standing tall either. That would be a great way to devalue NXT as the third brand, which isn't what WWE wants.

And for the people bitching about Asuka losing tonight, she lost via rollup. Which is fine. She'll likely make Sasha tap out at Extreme Rules after Bayley's inevitable interference backfires.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
@Reil

I don't see any complain or at least from what I saw, The two female wrestlers performed almost perfect for the scale of building a story for their upcoming match plus If the rumors are true, chances are Sasha will lose is so big, because it is impossible for Nikki Cross to win the title match against Bayley at Extreme Rules. I think Nattie would be the next on the line to challenge Asuka.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Though I do miss the days when champions and challengers had minimal physical contact before a big match (to build anticipation), this was fine, as long as they don't have any more matches against one another in the next two weeks. You can have them exchange beat-downs, but no more actual wins and losses.

The two have great chemistry, work really fast with very smooth transitions, and sell very well for each other.

It does sort of suck that Asuka's being used as a sort of pawn in two separate stories (Sasha and Bayley's eventual breakup, and Ziggler getting to brag about "beating" Drew to build heat for their matchup), but as long as Asuka decisively pins or taps-out Sasha at Extreme Rules (regardless of Bayley's involvement), it's acceptable. We'll see what happens with Sasha and Io on Wednesday night: I wouldn't be shocked to see Sasha win the non-title match, and then lose an actual title match with Io the following week.

WWE had better get to Sasha vs. Bayley by SummerSlam, though. And they'd better not do that "Two-Women Power-Trip" bs. The quickest way to get viewers to start resenting Sasha and Bayley like they do Charlotte would be to put all of the titles on them and delay their match for a few more months. I like Sasha a lot as a performer, but that would make me tune-out completely. Give her the blue belt at SummerSlam, after she's lost her previous RAW (and possibly NXT) title shots, and their tag-titles. Don't screw over the other women in the division for cheap heat.

On a side note, man, does Asuka look tiny next to Drew.

41 - 60 of 1786 Posts