Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WindUp
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, sorry all, im in middle of watching all wrestlemania's.
just watched wrestlemania 9 for the first time. and just finished watching the undertaker Vs Giant González.

now is it just me, but didn't Giant González beat the undertaker, considering he put undertaker on a stretcher, outside of the ring for way over 10 secs.

then when the undertaker did get back in the ring, all he did was push Giant González out of the ring, then they disqualified Giant González for what ????

so 18-0.....really?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Giant Gonzalez was disqualified for using chloroform if I remember correctly.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
WindUp
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol fair enough, maybe i wasnt paying enough attention. o well at least Kane will be beating undertaker at wrestlemania this year.................maybe not :p

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Yeah it was like the X-Files with their monster of the week.

Giant Gonzalez, Mabel, Fake Undertaker, King Kong Bundy...
At least there was Mankind.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Yeah, but Mankind didn't show up until almost 6 whole years into Taker's career. Up until then, he was stuck going against guys like Bundy.
Yeah but it was necassary, his gimmick, especially in the early days, was not conducive to classic matches because he never sold anything and had he been pushed hard and given a lengthy run with the title it would've been almost impossible for anyone to take it from him without taking his credability at the same time. At the risk of getting seriously flamed I would draw the comparison with The Great Khali in his first couple of years, as long as he kept winning he coould be seen as a credible monster; once he started losing it was essentially over for him as a main-eventer.

I thought this thread was gonna be about the screwjob Hogan pulled on Bret and Yoko, boy I was wrong.
It could very nearly have been about the tag-team title match as well. Money Inc tried to walk out, thereby retaining the belts but the ref decided to change the rules and The Fink announced that, should they do so they'd lose the belts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts