Wrestling Forum banner

Cable or Satellite?

2K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  ToXXiN 
#1 ·
What do you have? What do you prefer? I know that Satellite gets fucked up when it rains. Sometimes cable can get expensive. Maybe they are certain channels you dont get with cable that you do with the dish or vice versa. Whats your opinion on these services.

#8 ·
Re: Cable or Satilite?

I get all the big networks with Cable. But I still hate it. Time Warner screws me over with the billing. Sometimes I think it would be worth it to leave and get satellite for a year or two. Might save me a ton of money. Then again, Cincinnati Bell doesn't know the first thing about customer service, and I trust them about as far as I can throw the building they are centered in. I am trying out Roku, but so far I am not encouraged by that. Hopefully more alternatives can come up in the future.

#2 ·

There was a personal reason I loved satellite tv, but I won't go in to the details of that. All I know is, both options have tried to fuck me over when it came to billing, especially Bell. I think all in all thou, digital cable is your most reliable option.

#3 ·

I hated my digital cable because I could never watch anything live (wooo West Coast), but I've had DirecTV since July, so I'll say satellite.

#4 ·

Satellite. mostly cause of the dvr i got with Directv. it does get a little iffy when it rains but it's no real problem for me.

Kinda sucks at times that I can only record 2 shows at once though. Them first world problems.

#6 ·

I love Cable. I have had a few times where I wanted to switch to Satellite for whatever reasons or a deal they were offering at the time. But if prices get too high with Cable you can just call and threaten to cancel and you will get sent to a special group of people who are paid to deal with you and get you to stay with the company. I always do that and will always get some sort of promotion. Right now I have free sports package with NFL Network and NFL Redzone (Every Touchdown, Every Game).

We also bundle with Charter Cable. Internet, Phone, Television with sports package and DVR for 120 a month. Good deal.

I have always wanted to know if someone who gets cable gets the big networks you know like ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,CW?
I have Charter Cable and get all of those networks.

#23 ·

without notice to my package
What a stupid bitch she is. Kick her to the curb. You can do better!

#14 ·
All my favorite shows come on network tv except Impact, so I don't gave cable or satellite, nothing on I want to see. I stream Impact on my laptop hooked up to the tv. Movies and some other shows I watch on Netflix on tv, all HD for $8 a month. I save a ton of money.

#16 ·
I have Direct TV. Satellite is great, but the one thing that sucks about it if it just rains one drop the satellite loses it signal. If there is one Grey cloud in the sky the signal will be lost and you can't watch tv. That is what sucks about Direct TV.

#22 ·
I have Directv, but rarely watch it. ~$80/mo down the toilet. I've been looking for reasons to drop it, just haven't done it yet.

Cable in my area blows major chunks.

Oh, and my signal only goes out in heavy storms. Regular or light storms, not an issue.

#26 ·
Satilite (Direct TV) all the fucking way. I had Time Warner Cable but i was forced to switch because i wouldn't get RAW live anymore. One day it started at 9pm which was supppose to start at 6pm back then. So I switched and never looked back.

The AT&T internet is better, too.

#29 · (Edited)
I totally hijacked this thread. Muhahahaha.

I think Nebraska has a natural rivalry with Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez played here in the 60's. Just a really good fit IMHO. I don't think we should play at all the day after Thanksgiving. That tradition should have died when we stopped playing OU every year that day.

If you guys can Kirk I think Scott Frost's name will come up for sure. Doing a great job at Oregon. He is one of their top recruiters and the Offensive Coordinator now. Played for Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells and Jon Gruden. Coached with Bill Snyder and Chip Kelly. Not even 40 yet. Building a great resume.

Yeah Im a little too young to remember that game but know of it. I went to the NE-IA game in Iowa City in 1999 and had a great time. I loved Brad Banks and Bob Sanders when they played for you guys.

#31 ·
Sister company of Time Warner yeah? :argh:

#32 ·
Bob Sanders..."The Human Cruise Missile" as Jim Rome called him. He would blow up a ball carrier and to hell with collateral damage.

Anyway, to steer this conversation back to what it's been intended, lol.

Satellite is way better than cable with all the channels available and packaged where you can get them easier than having to order special packages. Example, Big Ten Network is right there with my regular packages, including alternate Big Ten channels for multiple games on Saturdays. Ditto with NFL and MLB Networks. I also enjoy getting Fox Business in a package where I can have it without paying extra, as if I had cable I would have to pay for a News and Info package to get it.

#33 ·
MLB network all damn day! :mark: One of the main reasons I have cable.

I wish there was a way to get a better sports package where you could pick what channels you want.

#35 ·
I could watch the NFL Network 365-24-7. :D

I'd actually love to get a la carte programming, where I pay for only the channels I want. For the channels like Comedy Central, Fox News, and all the ESPNs that I actually watch, I have channels like Discovery ID, Oxygen, DIY, and other channels I have no interest in but it's on my package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.