Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you have? What do you prefer? I know that Satellite gets fucked up when it rains. Sometimes cable can get expensive. Maybe they are certain channels you dont get with cable that you do with the dish or vice versa. Whats your opinion on these services.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Re: Cable or Satilite?

There was a personal reason I loved satellite tv, but I won't go in to the details of that. All I know is, both options have tried to fuck me over when it came to billing, especially Bell. I think all in all thou, digital cable is your most reliable option.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

I hated my digital cable because I could never watch anything live (wooo West Coast), but I've had DirecTV since July, so I'll say satellite.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Satellite. mostly cause of the dvr i got with Directv. it does get a little iffy when it rains but it's no real problem for me.

Kinda sucks at times that I can only record 2 shows at once though. Them first world problems.

·
Registered
947 Posts

I have always wanted to know if someone who gets cable gets the big networks you know like ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,CW?

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts

I love Cable. I have had a few times where I wanted to switch to Satellite for whatever reasons or a deal they were offering at the time. But if prices get too high with Cable you can just call and threaten to cancel and you will get sent to a special group of people who are paid to deal with you and get you to stay with the company. I always do that and will always get some sort of promotion. Right now I have free sports package with NFL Network and NFL Redzone (Every Touchdown, Every Game).

We also bundle with Charter Cable. Internet, Phone, Television with sports package and DVR for 120 a month. Good deal.

I have always wanted to know if someone who gets cable gets the big networks you know like ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,CW?
I have Charter Cable and get all of those networks.

·
Registered
947 Posts

I always thought that satellite was more expensive than cable, but if cable has the big networks(which I didn't think they did), why would anyone want satellite.

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,535 Posts

I get all the big networks with Cable. But I still hate it. Time Warner screws me over with the billing. Sometimes I think it would be worth it to leave and get satellite for a year or two. Might save me a ton of money. Then again, Cincinnati Bell doesn't know the first thing about customer service, and I trust them about as far as I can throw the building they are centered in. I am trying out Roku, but so far I am not encouraged by that. Hopefully more alternatives can come up in the future.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

Cable is awful, I used to pay 40 dollars a month since 2010 then recently they decided to add 150 channels without notice to my cable package and now I have to pay 85 a month.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts

the budget solution is an antenna and a computer. you can get what you want through torrents, you'll miss some sports though that's a negative.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

I always thought that satellite was more expensive than cable, but if cable has the big networks(which I didn't think they did), why would anyone want satellite.
you get the big networks with Satalite. why wouldn't you?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
All my favorite shows come on network tv except Impact, so I don't gave cable or satellite, nothing on I want to see. I stream Impact on my laptop hooked up to the tv. Movies and some other shows I watch on Netflix on tv, all HD for $8 a month. I save a ton of money.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have Direct TV. Satellite is great, but the one thing that sucks about it if it just rains one drop the satellite loses it signal. If there is one Grey cloud in the sky the signal will be lost and you can't watch tv. That is what sucks about Direct TV.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

some cable carriers get into disputes with the 4 networks like every 6 months...you hear about it all the time in New York.
oh yeah, i know about that. i was thinking of it as when you buy the carrier it doesn't get provided to you. Like how Comcast provides the 24 hour music station but direct tv doesn't. Not just them having disputes and not providing the channel during that time. like what happened a couple months ago with Direct tv.

·
Registered
947 Posts

you get the big networks with Satalite. why wouldn't you?

Where I live satellites are immensely more expensive than cable. So if you get the best channels with cable(which we don't where I live) it would make sense to stick with cable.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Where I live satellites are immensely more expensive than cable. So if you get the best channels with cable(which we don't where I live) it would make sense to stick with cable.
I'm not really sure on the prices but i remember before i switched they were taking away a lot of the channels like History and such from the Basic package and then jacked the prices up on the extended package and took away the Encore channels. so it was a better deal for me to switch to Direct Tv.

probably depends mostly on the company though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts