Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've had some discussions in the past about different people that got bullied. But do you think the bullies should be arrested for it? I think it depends on each situation and what happened. I don't think bullying will ever stop. I think people should stick up for themselves, but I also know some people, mostly younger, are not mentally strong enough to deal with bullies. Its a complex situation.

"Two girls have been arrested in the death of a 12-year-old central Florida girl who authorities say committed suicide after being bullied online by several girls for nearly a year, a sheriff said Tuesday.

The girls are 12 and 14, and they have been charged with felony aggravated stalking, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Sedwick was "terrorized" by as many as 15 girls who ganged up on her and picked on her for months through online message boards and texts. Some of the girls' computers and cellphones were seized in the investigation. The two girls arrested were the major culprits.

Sedwick's mother removed her from the school after 2012, but the bullying continued on her cell phone via social media, Judd said. On Sept. 9, Sedwick climbed a tower at an abandoned concrete plant and hurled herself to her death, authorities said.

Florida has a bullying law named after a teenager who killed himself after being harassed by classmates. Amended July 1 to cover cyberbullying, the law leaves punishment to schools, though law enforcement also can seek more traditional charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/15/girls-12-and-14-arrested-in-death-bullied-florida-girl-police-say/

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Well it's against the law. And the case you mentioned isn't even a grey area, those girls crossed the line about a mile and a half back.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
if they were really stalking the girl or whatever then yeah they should be charged with it. not sure how internet stalking and the stalking laws in florida work. it's not like they're being charged with forcing her to kill herself.

·
Da Warthog!
3,275 Posts
"Why is WF full of bullies? You are all bullying innocent decent posters" in 3... 2... 1...
:sadpanda

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
You say victims at that age are not mentally strong enough to deal with bullies, but the bullies are probably not mentally mature enough to know what they are doing.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Bullying is not a crime

Stalking is a crime

They were arrested for stalking

Does anyone actually read the new stories before they make a thread and just make a thread title that has nothing to do with what actually happened?

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
In regards to the topic's title, I can see bullying being as a crime on the grounds of it being another form of harassment. As for the topic's story, lolFlorida.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bullying is not a crime

Stalking is a crime

They were arrested for stalking

Does anyone actually read the new stories before they make a thread and just make a thread title that has nothing to do with what actually happened?

The title of the news article is:

Girls, 12 and 14, arrested in death of bullied Florida girl who killed herself

So yes, it has to do with bullying. It says she was bullied to death and the 2 arrested were the main ones responsible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts