Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about his heel turn as a whole lately? At first I was really choked at TNA for breaking up the Dudleys, but I'm actually enjoying this feud. He's managed to become a heat magnet after the last PPV, in a company whose crowd cheers for the top heel.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Great heel.

Couldnt care less about D-Von.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Great heel.

Couldn't care less about D-Von.
Pretty much this but I guess that is how it has always been. Buh-Buh Ray has always been the glue that held The Dudley Boys together. Although their act was a lot bigger in ECW (Joel Gertner, Sign Guy Dudley, 10-minute intros, etc.) it was still Buh-Buh that would shine. Both in the ring and on the mic. He really has carried D-Von for the entirety of their careers. In WWF, it was Buh-Buh putting women through tables that really got them over. That and their gimmick match feud with Edge/Christian and The Hardyz.

As far as Bully Ray goes, I do not really have a problem with it but if D-Von is going to be in the picture for the entirety of it, I have to ask, what's the point? If was bad enough having to watch Buh-Buh Ray Vs. D-Von again but then you throw in D-Von's "family" with Russo booking and slap it in TNA and just...ugh.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I absolutely LOVE Bully Ray. Great heel in my opinion. A true heel and he plays it perfectly. Ray was always great at playing the heel and he gets to show off that talent with this character.

I was totally against the Dudleys breaking up but I'm glad they did. I'm loving this.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
I just think it’s time for him to call it quits. Give someone else the spotlight. He’d make a pretty decent colour commentator, though.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
I always felt D-von was the better of the two.
I, for one, agree with you. He's always been more talented as a wrestler, for what that's worth.

Neither of them, however, would have got over or remained so over for so long without the other.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Bully Ray is awesome character, but I think that Devon wins this feud, which is fucking sad.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Bully Ray is awesome character, but I think that Devon wins this feud, which is fucking sad.
Devon's the face, so he wins in the end. Unless there's retirement involved, that's just how a feud works.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Always thought it worked. That being said, like someone else just said, I really don't care about DVon anymore lol. He literally has no personality right now

·
Registered
746 Posts
I never thought I'd say this but ... does Ray look in better shape now than D'Von???

·
Registered
752 Posts
Devon is weak! His family is weak! :) I really like Bully Ray too, I just wish Ray would have pitched this character and let someone else run with it. If 3D wanted to give us a break, then they should have faux-retired and come back a year later.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Really enjoying the character. Draws real heat, I really wouldn't mind Bubba sticking around and having a few feuds with the younger guys. Any face going against him for the time being is going to get over on it, the matches won't be great but will be decent enough.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
There's absolutely nothing likeable or redeemable about the guy which is so refreshing. I love it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Love him right now.Hes part of the 3 best heels in TNA currently(other two being
JJ and Madison Rayne)
He needs to stick around for a while.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts