Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It occurred to me, when a man like Magnus who is 50/50 decided upon a crowd at the moment. As he's been climbing to the top as a good guy, it's a tougher road as well all know it's better to climb as a bad guy.

But Bully Ray, and last night being a good example. Was able to praise Magnus in a very large way, he didn't say it in a way that sometimes the crowd likes to boo, for the top bad guy to praise and put over a rising star in TNA and get away with it as a bad guy has got to be praised.

He managed to snap back into Bully Ray bad guy straight away. Even managed the cheesy insult the crowds town but did it in a joke format.

It's just refreshing to see a bad guy like Bully Ray be so good at his job.
it was made clear on the internet years ago how he was bully in real life due to Batista writing about it in his book.

So, what are the key aspects of being a heel?

Anyone else compete with Bully's heel run?

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
He is a very good heel and this could be his best run at being a heel yet, but I do think Bobby Roode is slightly better heel.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would like to see more cool bad guys like in WCW. That said Bully is a great douchebag bag guy, people hate him.

·
Banned
924 Posts
I don't see it. He is a decent heel, I can't remember any standout promo or match of his really. Aces and eights was an awesome concept at first when they started and bully shined largely thanks to Hogan, but its dead in the water now.

Roode was better imo. Think about it, who made the heavyweight title matter more? Roode or Bully?

·
Intoner
6,590 Posts
Best heel in the biz.
Last time I enjoyed such a great heel work was Orton in 2009.
And that not like I'm comparing them, they are completely different wrestlers with dofferent gimmicks.
But Bully is just the best in what he's doing for the last couple of years.
Hardy had some potential back in 2010, but fucked up at VR2011 and I doubt we will see him as a heel again.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
IMO Bully is a great heel, and great on the mic.

I noticed what he did with Magnus last night. he went on saying all these good things about Magnus, and for someone on his level to say those things it has to help someone like Magnus in the eyes of the viewers. and then Bully went back to being the great heel that he is.

however I think it's really unfortunate that there are viewers who will only see him as Bubba Ray Dudley. he has transformed from that, into a great character. it's too bad these fools who haven't even really taken the time to watch Bully Ray wont even give him a chance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bully has proved himself again and again. Anyone doubting him doesn't see what the original poster said. Bully is such a good heel he puts over the faces. Look how over AJ is right now, the build up as great at the end of impact and i cant wait for B4G. It's not going to be about Bully at B4G it's going to be about AJ, not matter the result. Bully is so good he makes you get behind the face and that is what he is there for.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Agree with you, Bully Ray is one of the last great heels in this business. I know wrestling is fake of course... but I sooooo wanted him to get his ass kick, I legitimately hated him and totally loved everyone against him. Bully is just so good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts