Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not think of any performer since I started watching wrestling (2002) who has improved as much as Bully Ray. This is a guy we were all laughing about being put into a main event spot and now he is the one people are speculating will head to WWE as a singles main eventer or stay with TNA and get a world title reign. That is quite the farcry from the point when people were sick and tired of Team 3D. I look at this as saddening as with his age we will only get 3-4 years of Bully Ray greatness, had Team 3D ended a few years earlier who knows what we could have attained.

If its not Bully Ray - Who is it?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Absolutely. It was amazing to see him turn into Bully Ray last year. Him along with Joker Sting were the two reasons I was loving TNA last year. Bully Ray is still one of the reasons I'm watching right now along with Roode and Aries.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
He's always been a good mic guy, especially as a heel, but where he's improved is in terms of character development, look and in-ring. He can now be taken seriously as a main-eventer and is so entertaining that I doubt many on here would be against seeing him with the Title. He also seems to have good singles matches on a regular basis, which I never would have expected in the past. Best heel in professional wrestling, by far.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Edge had potential, two years ago I had no idea bully ray would be this impressive.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bully Ray's really won me over, didn't think after the Dudleys left WWE that I'd see much of them in a high-booking capacity, and Team 3D did nothing to impress or change that opinion for me. Bully Ray's been absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite heels around so far and rapidly growing on me. I'd love to see him get a title reign. Definitely my pick for most improved.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
I have to admit that Ray really did come a long way. I was not a big fan of that bully gimmick, but today he's a reference heel. Top mic work and the ring skills are known. I don't think Ray should get anywhere near a world title soon, but he sure is fun to watch.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
He is awesome.

i dunno why people go on about his age, he is 40 and in the best shape of his carear.

He has another good 5 years left in him at this level if he wants it.

Age has little to do with level of performance in pro wrestling, its entirely down to how you look after and condition yourself and your luck with injuries.

The IWC is obsessed with wrestlers age and when 'they are past it', which is usually as soon as they hit 40 in the eyes of many.

·
Registered
194 Posts
He is awesome.

i dunno why people go on about his age, he is 40 and in the best shape of his carear.

He has another good 5 years left in him at this level if he wants it.

Age has little to do with level of performance in pro wrestling, its entirely down to how you look after and condition yourself and your luck with injuries.

The IWC is obsessed with wrestlers age and when 'they are past it', which is usually as soon as they hit 40 in the eyes of many.
Haters never stopped Fit Finlay.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Haters never stopped Fit Finlay.
Thats cause he was a beast in the ring, he entertained me during his WWE wrestling run in 06-08 or whenever he stopped wrestling. Who else would smash Rey Rey's head with a laptop :D

Bully Ray definatley has come a long way, he's lost most of his matches and yet he's still very much relevent.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Just shows you're never too old to reinvent yourself or make yourself useful in wrestling. Age is overblown. Bully Ray is arguably the best heel on wrestling television right now.

·
Banned
87 Posts
My only problem with Bully Ray is just why couldn't he have got in shape 10 years ago?
I feel like he (and all of us) have missed out because of it.

I'd trade all of WWE's current monsters for Bully Ray.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I think the fact that we're having this conversation says a lot about how underrated Bully Ray has been all along, but 3D was so over that it has taken this long to break away from that gimmick.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
In terms of playing a character to perfection, Bully Ray is by far the best full time in he business. Awesome on the mic, great worker, can get his heat back easily after every situation, rare total package in today's industry. He's also a great actor and he's so believable. Enjoy every minute from him, old school legend.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Bully Ray has really improved but you need to cut your time scale down to a couple of years rather than the decade because you have guys like Zema Ion who hadn't wrestled a decade ago but are now very skilled, so that's a bigger improvement than Bully Ray who was good but is now excellent.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Absolutely. It was amazing to see him turn into Bully Ray last year. Him along with Joker Sting were the two reasons I was loving TNA last year. Bully Ray is still one of the reasons I'm watching right now along with Roode and Aries.
This^ I still can't believe I'm seeing Bubba Ray Dudley when I'm watching Bully Ray. He's fucking JACKED, in the best shape of anybody on the roster and is hands down the best and most intimidating presence on the mic in not only TNA, but all of wrestling, by far. Nodbody is on the same level as Bully right now at promos.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts