Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been announced that the BFG Main Event rematch is taking place this Thursday on Impact from Salt Lake City!

I would expect AJ to go over but expect some turns and a dusty finish lol.

Anyone else got any predictions?

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
if Bully Ray regains the title on Impact this thursday, i will riot

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
lol...why bother buy BFG when TNA always pulls shit like this...

Missed Cena vs The Rock at Mania? Don't worry..we'll give it to you on Raw tomorrow night for free! :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
So...the biggest match of the biggest pay per view and they think they can just put it on free tv for free? :cussin: No wonder buy rates are down, PPV are not special anymore

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ratings ploy maybe?

If they put the title back on Bully, then that would be the 2nd dumb decision they have done with the title this year(Sabin's month run, if it was planned for AJ vs Bully the entire time at BFG then they should of just left it on Bully).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe AJ can say something like "I'm not under contract, i dont have to defend this title" and then she crowds another champion and they battle at Genesis or Lockdown lol. Man this sounds more and more like Cena/Punk lol. <---- Lets not do that lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Either way, i'm tuning in because i am interested in seeing where they are going creatively with the entire product.

Maybe we will get some announcements on the tapings getting cancelled and maybe the next ppv, Hoping no permanent location.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Yeah, no wonder got their ppvs or buys them. Ace and 2's should be dead but they are going to keep it alive it seems.

I bet AJ loses or they have two champions.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Tna is showing shades of wcw . Tna was cool from 04-7 then It went too shit

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I think WWE has done this in the past although I'm not sure I remember them doing it with a WrestleMania main event.

I'm not sure I'd be doing this match either. If AJ beats Bully twice it makes Bully look like a chump. If Bully beats AJ it makes AJ look like a chump. It's lose-lose. They should of just gone with a solid AJ Styles title defense against Joe or something and have Bully just leave the title hunt.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Honestly who's booking this crap? Given TNA and how they try to top themselves in stupidity every time I wouldn't be surprised if Bully wins rendering Sunday meaningless.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think WWE has done this in the past although I'm not sure I remember them doing it with a WrestleMania main event.

I'm not sure I'd be doing this match either. If AJ beats Bully twice it makes Bully look like a chump. If Bully beats AJ it makes AJ look like a chump. It's lose-lose. They should of just gone with a solid AJ Styles title defense against Joe or something and have Bully just leave the title hunt.
Posts like this annoy me to no end. Some internet fans have this black or white mentality where winning = push, and losing = burial. It's not like AJ's not a triple crown champion. It's not like Bully Ray hasn't been dominating for almost a year and a half. No, one of those guys losing ONE match on free TV will be the downfall of their careers.

There's no such things as "booking" which would determine how protected the wrestlers are. It's not like the match couldn't end in a no contest, or someone could win via rollup or something. At worst, it's not like someone couldn't get a gimmick change or be taken off TV for a bit and then brought back.

No. If ONE wrestler, loses ONE semi-important match they lose all credibility and will never recover. That's why Jericho never won a World Title cause he loses all the time, and Undertaker is a 500 time World Champion, obviously.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I hope the people complaining about this aren't WWE fans, because news flash, they're about to do Bryan/Orton for the fourth time in four months, I think TNA can get away with one rematch.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I hope the people complaining about this aren't WWE fans, because news flash, they're about to do Bryan/Orton for the fourth time in four months, I think TNA can get away with one rematch.
Sure but giving a rematch of the main event of BFG the next Thursday is meh.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts