Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a massive Buffy and Angel fan and just watched the 7 series of Buffy, I then moved onto Angel...

I swear I didnt enjoy it as much the first time round. But I'm actually starting to think that Angel's almost...better than Buffy. I feel the characters they stole from Buffy evolved and turned out to be incredibly well written, the storylines are fantastic and some of the episodes are just incredible. Also the comedy aspect is...different, the show is darker but still has that great witty comedy.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I pretty much hate Buffy until around... Season 5? Not sure exactly, but the last 3 Seasons are the only ones I can watch. The early ones seem too... "teenage girly" when demons aren't being killed lol :p.

Angel on the other hand, as you mentioned, is much darker, and feels more "grown up" to me too. I only started watching it towards the end of the 4th Season when it aired, and I ended up loving it, and buying all 5 Seasons on DVD and watching them in one go. Sucks that Angel never got more than 5 Seasons (even though it was SUPPOSED to, but apparently Joss fucked it all up...), but hey, we might not have gotten Bones (or at least Bones as good as it is with David in it) if Angel kept going.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Buffy but just for the lesbians(the only reason they put it on Logo). Don't like either though.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i often have mixed feelings about it. Buffy was my first love, and Sarah Michelle Gellar is excellent. plus, James Marsters' Spike is pretty much my favorite Whedon character and he resonates mostly through Buffy. however, i feel like Angel was more consistent.

i still think i'd have to give it to Buffy though. i liked the characters more.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Easily Buffy. It had the best characters imo and Sarah Michelle Gellar was just great.
James Masters as Spike is my favorite from the Buffy/Angles series.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Here's the thing: Angel is a much more consistently good show, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer at its absolute best ("Hush," "The Body," "Once More With Feeling") is better than Angel at its absolute best. Granted, bad Buffy is nearly unwatchable, whereas bad Angel merely pisses one off (seriously, fuck the Groosalugg), I'd still have to give the nod to Buffy for the awesomeness that was Seasons 5 and 6.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Here's the thing: Angel is a much more consistently good show, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer at its absolute best ("Hush," "The Body," "Once More With Feeling") is better than Angel at its absolute best. Granted, bad Buffy is nearly unwatchable, whereas bad Angel merely pisses one off (seriously, fuck the Groosalugg), I'd still have to give the nod to Buffy for the awesomeness that was Seasons 5 and 6.
Hush is seriously one of the best episodes of television of all time. just about every Buffy fan has that in their top ten, as they should.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hush is seriously one of the best episodes of television of all time. just about every Buffy fan has that in their top ten, as they should.
Hush is an incredible episode. I have no idea why though but my favorite episode seems to be 'Restless' the Season 4 finale. It's so ridiculously random, I think it's great...I loved the dud with the cheese slices :p

As for Angel, just re-watched an awesome episode, probably one of my favorite 'Are you now, or have you ever been' the episode with the hotel flashbacks. Along with the two Faith episodes in Season one.

Both shows are awesome though. I could watch them over and over, they never get old. As others have said though, Buffy as it's best is better than Angel at it's best. The characters in both are just fantastic though. Whedon rules! :D

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Buffy because it isn't boring.
lmao implying angel is.

Angel's better. No deep analysis needed here.

Seriously Angel season 5 is amazing. I feel you're as well watching both though, and watching the seasons in the correct order. It's far better that way.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I really wished Angel had gotten at least 12 episodes for a final season, as the finale of Seaosn 5 , left me wanting so much more. The whole Illyria, Wesley thing was beautiful to me and needed more time.

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
I like both shows, but Buffy is better than Angel. I just started rewatching Buffy and then I am going to start on Angel, I am on the season 2 finale which is just great.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Buffy. Absolutely no question about it. I do prefer the later seasons though, they just feel more grown up. Hush is definitely the best episode as well!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts