Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Should have just shortened Buddy to Bud. Buddy isn't a "tough name" in America at least. I always knew this day would come and even commented on it back when he debuted under the name. Americans has "My Buddy" childhood doll for boys, Buddy Lembeck the sidekick friend from "Charles in Charge" then you have Buddy the Elf from "Elf"...

Maybe just pick up a nickname that could be use in place - sort of like Adam Hangman Page is often just called Hangman Page these days. Just an cheap and quick example, not a suggestion in any way but like Buddy "Mad Dog" Murphy could just be "Mad Dog Murphy".
The whole "name isn't tough enough" argument is bullshit and you know it.
Dean, Seth, Luke, Karl, Bobby, Daniel, John, and Erick don't sound tough in the slightest yet those guys get to use them.

What I don't understand is why can't wrestlers use their real name anymore. Randy, John, and Mark are definitely not "tough" names, yet Orton, Cena, and Henry got to keep them since it is their real names.
What's wrong with Matthew Adams in the case of Murphey?

God forbid we can't have any uniqueness in the WWE.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts
Well, At least he can change the name of his finisher to "Murphy´s law"
(for those unaware, that law says :"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". ) :)
His finisher was already called Murphy's Law.

The whole "name isn't tough enough" argument is bullshit and you know it.
Dean, Seth, Luke, Karl, Bobby, Daniel, John, and Erick don't sound tough in the slightest yet those guys get to use them.

What I don't understand is why can't wrestlers use their real name anymore. Randy, John, and Mark are definitely not "tough" names, yet Orton, Cena, and Henry got to keep them since it is their real names.
What's wrong with Matthew Adams in the case of Murphey?

God forbid we can't have any uniqueness in the WWE.
How is Matthew Adams more unique than Buddy Murphy? If you had said Buddy Murphy isn't a good wrestler name I wouldn't argue, but using guys' real names when they are as generic and regular sounding as Matthew Adams isn't the solution.

Wrestlers have already lost the larger than life charisma, looks, gimmicks and promo skills, names are the only thing distinguishing them from fans. Nobody wants to see John Williams vs Mark Hill in the main event of WrestleMania.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wrestlers have already lost the larger than life charisma, looks, gimmicks and promo skills, names are the only thing distinguishing them from fans. Nobody wants to see John Williams vs Mark Hill in the main event of WrestleMania.
Generic names shouldn't matter though. I mean unless you have a name as ridiculous as No Way Jose then you're just dead on arrival and don't stand a chance. WWE wants to feel like a real sport compared to UFC and such, and those companies don't give a shit what your name is; what matters is your skill and way you present yourself.

Brock Lesnar is a generic name, yet it's one of the most known and respected names on the planet because of how successful the man and character is.

Personally I wouldn't care if the main event match at Wrestlemania was between a Williams vs Hill as long as the story was good, the characters are good, and the match and outcome are good. Isn't that what truly matters?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Fucking STOP dropping names. Buddy is the best most unique part, it doesn't work without the Buddy.

Fuck you old man.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just wait until Aleister Black becomes Aleister and eventually Al

Cole: "You hear that creaking? HERE COMES AL!!!"

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
Reminds me of Murphy in TNA/Impact.

I should have known that WWE would pull this stunt with him. They probably did it because the other disciples have short names already, Akem and Rezar. So now it's "Murphy, Akem and Rezar following the Monday Night Messiah". It's still stupid to me to shorten his name.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts
That I didn´t know that just shows how little impression he has made to me.
Well, do you actually watch the product?

First he had arguably the best CW championship reign where he put out tons of bangers, but granted most people don't watch 205 Live. Then he had those back to back bangers against Reigns and Bryan during the "Who ran over Roman" storyline that had people who never heard of him chanting his name. Then he just had a feud with Aleister Black where every match had people buzzing, then he joined Seth Rollins and AoP in a main event storyline and won the tag titles.

The guy has definitely made impressions on the people who watch the show as opposed to skimming or just reading recaps.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Well, do you actually watch the product?

First he had arguably the best CW championship reign where he put out tons of bangers, but granted most people don't watch 205 Live. Then he had those back to back bangers against Reigns and Bryan during the "Who ran over Roman" storyline that had people who never heard of him chanting his name. Then he just had a feud with Aleister Black where every match had people buzzing, then he joined Seth Rollins and AoP in a main event storyline and won the tag titles.

The guy has definitely made impressions on the people who watch the show as opposed to skimming or just reading recaps.
I never watch 205. And yes, he had good matches against Bryan (who can make almost anyone look good if he wants to), and the Reigns/Black wasn´t bad either.. But almost everyone in WWE are good wrestlers if they´re allowed to show it.
I have to admit though that everything involving Seth Rollins because of his grating voice makes me zone out a little.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Buddy Murphy is just as good a name for wrestler as Buddy Rogers.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Well, sure.

Vince: He can't be called "Buddy" if he's a heel. That's confuse all the fans, as we know they're all morons.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts