Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Jesus Christ.

Seriously, what is this company's issue with full names?

Furthermore, why do they have this habit of introducing people with full names and then reducing it?
I don't agree with all their name changes, but like 98% of the roster still have their full names. They don't have a problem with full names, some people's just sound better shortened

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Should have just shortened Buddy to Bud. Buddy isn't a "tough name" in America at least. I always knew this day would come and even commented on it back when he debuted under the name. Americans has "My Buddy" childhood doll for boys, Buddy Lembeck the sidekick friend from "Charles in Charge" then you have Buddy the Elf from "Elf"...

Maybe just pick up a nickname that could be use in place - sort of like Adam Hangman Page is often just called Hangman Page these days. Just an cheap and quick example, not a suggestion in any way but like Buddy "Mad Dog" Murphy could just be "Mad Dog Murphy".

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jesus Christ.

Seriously, what is this company's issue with full names?

Furthermore, why do they have this habit of introducing people with full names and then reducing it?
To be fair it worked for some
Big E Langston
Antonio Cesaro
Dave Batista
Alexander Rusev
Adrian Nevile

·
Registered
69 Posts
This can work just continue having Seth Jesus do all the talking like he normally does and turn Murphy into the man of few words type. Have Murphy come out and say stuff like:

Stay out of trouble.
Come quietly or there will be... trouble.
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Your move, Creep.

Now wouldn't you buy that for a dollar? I know I would!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Well, At least he can change the name of his finisher to "Murphy´s law"
(for those unaware, that law says :"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". ) :)

·
NBA
2,199 Posts

1 - 20 of 46 Posts