Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really liking this guy recently. Showed what he can do in the ring with Black of course. Countless near 5 star matches. But I’m liking his character work as a heel now since he joined Seth’s Faction. It’s clear to me why Seth and Buddy got the tag belts, not the AOP. Possible dissension down the line. Then potentially a tag title match at WM. It’s clear Seth won’t win the Rumble. So won’t be near a top singles title any time soon. And he shouldn’t. But this is the best way to go. We’ll see if it makes a main event star out of Murphy.

·
Premium Member
16,722 Posts
If you liked his matches with black look up his 205 live run. Next to Neville, he has the most consistent best matches in the brand's history.

And, I agree he's doing well recently. Even in his defeats they had a plan and he was better off. It's refreshing to see someone relatively new to the main roster being trusted and not dropped so immediately.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The guy has always been a great talent but ever since he put on some more muscle and went to 205 Live he's become one of the more entertaining guys in the company. I obviously have some bias considering I like and support every Australian wrestler in the WWE but he's such a joy to watch. Even after losing his feud to Black, he's in a much better position and I feel he'll end up with a better career on the main roster than Black. He's already added a RAW Tag Team Title reign to his resume and I imagine he'll add a US Title reign to that later this year.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,836 Posts
Murphy is a hidden gem in the ring he always has been since being brought up to the MR, He lacks a character to truly ascend higher on the card he just needs to find something valuable and adjust accordingly if he wants a potential rub from being Seth's second in command, Working towards a WM36 match is possible but I'd say no to a future Tag match against AOP I don't want this stable to end on a low note because they ran out of ideas apparently.

Seth may be the right guy to groom Buddy into a star but at the moment he's no different than what he's always been aside from being one half of the Raw Tag Team Champions.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like his moveset. I know a lot of his cool spots are heavily lifted from NJPW, but fuck it..its so good to see the moves in a WWE ring.

Just needs to add the rainmaker as an alternate finisher ;)

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
He's fine. I wasn't a fan of the Rollins pairing, I prefer this guy being on his own. But if that turns out into a break up and a feud down the road, it's okay with me.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,006 Posts
Meh, he’s just another workrate guy for me. No character, very little charisma, not much on the mic. Tyson Kidd 2.0

Landing Alexa is the most impressive thing he’s done, IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts