Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched highlights of his rematch with Tony last night. This dude kills himself weather he's on the giving or receiving end of offense!! Why aren't they doing more with this man?! Is he a weak promo (haven't heard too many) or an issue with his accent? Any rumors of him being an asshole back stage or something?

I did hear he's gonna be back on nxt pretty soon, so maybe a push is coming. Just looking at how much effort he puts into every move, the guy is jacked to the gills so he wouldn't look out of place facing bigger guys, and he can fly around and has just as much speed as any cruiserweight, oozes intesity.... I just can't understand how he's not used more.

Anyone have any input on this???

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
He’s been highly regarded for a while now but size and his accent is gonna hold him back on the main roster so i hope he stays in NXT for a while to steal the show at a couple of takeovers.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Size? The guy's one of the most jacked in the company. I don't think size would be a problem for him at all.

Truthfully I don't see any big problem with Murphy. He has everything, though he's not quite the cream of the crop in terms of charisma, but then again, neither are many other guys in the main event.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
I watched highlights of his rematch with Tony last night. This dude kills himself weather he's on the giving or receiving end of offense!! Why aren't they doing more with this man?!
Dude just completed a six-month title reign, and WrestleMania was his first televised singles loss since last July. That's not enough for you?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude just completed a six-month title reign, and WrestleMania was his first televised singles loss since last July. That's not enough for you?
Who really watches 205 live? I'm willing to bet that most of the casuals at mania didn't even know who he was. I'm not saying he should be wwe champ, but Mustafa Ali wasn't on my radar till he started fueding with buddy. Mustafa's on the main roster. Why can't buddy be up there with him?

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
Who really watches 205 live? I'm willing to bet that most of the casuals at mania didn't even know who he was. I'm not saying he should be wwe champ, but Mustafa Ali wasn't on my radar till he started fueding with buddy. Mustafa's on the main roster. Why can't buddy be up there with him?
Who watches? Probably not that many people, which is why the 205 matches are always relegated to PPV pre-shows.

I do agree that it's time for him to move to the main roster, and he could be a solid midcard guy, but let's not pretend like Murphy is 1992 Bret Hart wasting away on a Network show.

·
The face that runs the List
10,756 Posts
When they don't know what to do with Alexa, they could try what they did with the Kanellis but with Alexa and Murphy instead. He would get some legit heat for bragging about his marriage with Bliss

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Seems like a decent talent, maybe a run in the midcard for him could be in the offing for him.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Hopefully main roster soon.

Reactions: Wridacule

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,170 Posts
I'm appreciating all the love Buddy is getting, I was a fan of him back when he was in the Dubstep Cowboys, even before Bliss joined them. There were times I thought he was going to get cut after they broke up and he ate like 20 straight tv pins before being banished from tv.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,972 Posts
Buddy Murphy was the MVP of 205 Live in 2018 (along with Mustafa Ali). He kept delivering good matches consistently on that show for the past year. Hell, he's had 2 good matches this week alone against Tony Nese over the Cruiserweight title! :D

Murphy had a fun title reign as the Cruiserweight Champion, and it's looking like his run on 205 Live is coming to an end :(

Here's hoping that Murphy has a fun run on NXT, or that he gets decent booking on the main roster if he gets moved up next week :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts