Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Buddy Murphy recently tweeted to WWE to suggest having a elimination chamber consisting of talents that are mostly stuck in limbo or underutilised to showcase future talent.
Although I'm not saying such a chamber match needs to happen I do agree that he has a point.
The names he listed are mostly talented and very misused or wasted and it seems like WWE will just not give them much in the way of decent booking to break out.

In 2021 I do not see why the likes of Sheamus and bloody Shane McMahon are getting featured or pushed into feature match ups or upcoming big event matches yet barely any of the guys on Murphy's list can catch a break.
It really does feel like WWE do not want to breakout fresher talent and instead rely too heavily on guys that are super stale and should be helping to showcase fresher talent.
I know some of the guys on the list are hardly bursting with charisma but there are a good few that do have both the wrestling and entertainer combo factor like Gulak, Garza etc and even Ali despite Retribution being a bust can do promo and good wrestling.
Dominik Dijakovic is another that is utterly wasted under that mask instead of taking advantage of a athletic big guy that looks good and can talk the talk also.

Do others feel WWE gives too much time to people that are stale and overexposed for years rather than trying to breakout some fresher talent to give the product a boost?
It must be very frustrating for those that have legitimate talent and can not display it in the way that they do best.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
WWE really does need to put a lot more effort into how it uses a lot of its younger talent.

I mean look at the WWE Championship chamber match. AJ Styles is 43. Randy Orton is 40. Jeff Hardy is 43. Sheamus is 43. Only Kofi Kingston and Drew McIntyre are younger than 40.

On top of that, the Miz is 40. Bobby Lashley is 44.

I'm not saying that that means they should be jobbed out to younger talents and forcibly put out to pasture, but that while WWE still has these names around still being active, they should also be putting some more time into building the younger generation of talent into being able to be seen as credible in similar spots when these kind of names WWE is currently relying on to carry their show call it quits.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
7,116 Posts
On that list, Apollo is the biggest future star, and that says all. Nobody would want to watch an EC match with these people, so what´s the point? You don´t build stars from scratch by putting them in a novelty match.. Even RR or MITB winners were always someone who at least had a good midcard run, not complete jobbers.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,552 Posts
The future looks bleak with the name he mentioned.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Being young doesn't automatically mean you're due a push. The reason these older people are still around is because they are better at their jobs, plain and simple. Some of those mentioned actually get TV time, and have had chances. Ali is the leader of one of the worst factions I've ever seen, Cedric is in one of the best factions currently in WWE, but it's being hard carried by MVP and Bobby, Gable has his storyline with Otis, Murphy had his storyline with Rollins and the Mysterios, Richochet is always getting TV time, Aleister was given a bunch, Apollo, too. He basically named a bunch of people who are on TV and have been, and are failing to get over. Even if I personally like some of these mentioned and wanna see them pushed higher, I can't justify it when none of them have been anything short of 'okay'.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Putting those guys in the chamber wouldn't exactly put eyes on the PPV.

But - he does have a fair point. It wouldn't hurt anything to put those guys in some kind of tournament where the winner gets a US or IC title shot.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Sorry no none of those names make a difference as future stars, They are booked where they belong.

The only name that had fair potential was Aleister Black and that's Upper Midcard potential at best.
You can argue about one or two names, but if that is the best list Murphy could make ...
Where is "his brother in law" Dominique? I see no problem adding him to that list and at least he his much younger than most of these "future" stars.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,919 Posts
This is exactly why the ratings have been tanking. WWE is not using these guys. The young viewers aren't growing up with anybody. They are all force fed older talent.
They aren't using them because none of them can cut a promo for shit, none have a character (this one is on WWE) but apart from that there's nothing special about any of these guys, nothing that makes em stand out.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
They aren't using them because none of them can cut a promo for shit, none have a character (this one is on WWE) but apart from that there's nothing special about any of these guys, nothing that makes em stand out.
Nah. They are all super talented and unique. Just because you personally don't like them and have a vendetta against anybody on the roster that isn't 30 plus years old doesn't make them any less special.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The obvious response to the pathetically circular logic of "they shouldn't be used because they're not interesting" is that a big reason people think they're not interesting is because WWE never give them anything to do outside of brief meaningless matches that have zero story and zero stakes.

It doesn't matter how great you are if you get given absolutely fuck all to do and thus have no way to properly sell yourself to a potential audience.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,332 Posts
WWE really does need to put a lot more effort into how it uses a lot of its younger talent.

I mean look at the WWE Championship chamber match. AJ Styles is 43. Randy Orton is 40. Jeff Hardy is 43. Sheamus is 43. Only Kofi Kingston and Drew McIntyre are younger than 40.

On top of that, the Miz is 40. Bobby Lashley is 44.

I'm not saying that that means they should be jobbed out to younger talents and forcibly put out to pasture, but that while WWE still has these names around still being active, they should also be putting some more time into building the younger generation of talent into being able to be seen as credible in similar spots when these kind of names WWE is currently relying on to carry their show call it quits.
The Miz is 40? Holy shit, that man ages well.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The problem is that the company thinks the future sucks.

I don't agree with this perception (I'm not one of the many that claim this generation as the most talented either though), but perhaps instead of bitching he should be thinking what he could change in his work to Change the company's perception about him.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The obvious response to the pathetically circular logic of "they shouldn't be used because they're not interesting" is that a big reason people think they're not interesting is because WWE never give them anything to do outside of brief meaningless matches that have zero story and zero stakes.

It doesn't matter how great you are if you get given absolutely fuck all to do and thus have no way to properly sell yourself to a potential audience.
This exactly.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts