Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he hasn't been involved with TNA for many months, but he got a lovely Christmas present, according to PWInsider.

Matt Aponte sent the following....Bubba the Love Sponge is telling people via his official Twitter that he has been canceled by Sirius Satellite Radio. He is asking his listeners to cancel their subscriptions.

I know that there was a pretty sizable group of fans that didn't care for Bubba being associated with TNA, you have to feel for the guy finding out he's being dropped just a few days before Christmas. Some of his more objectionable stuff aside, he's always been a big fan of the business and gave wrestling publicity where it may not have gotten one otherwise.

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
He deserved it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Always love reading news like this. This guy truly is a sponge in every sense of the word, a useless entity sponging off the efforts of more productive entities. So needless to say, karma is indeed a bitch.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Cancel subscriptions? Either he thinks people pay literally to hear him, or they actually ARE paying literally to hear him. Either way, my faith in humanity is shot.

Besides being a prick, from the bits I've heard of his show, he's actually a little bit shit too. Shame he lost his job at this time of year, because he should have been gone around the time of that Haiti nonsense he was spouting.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
How is he an asshole, again? His comments about Haiti were spot on imo, and besides - all he did was give his opinion in an open-forum which he was entitled to and he got punched in the face for it. I don't listen to his show nor do I think he is a talented on-air personality, but this hate for him is ridiculous.

·
Registered
797 Posts
How is he an asshole, again? His comments about Haiti were spot on. All he did was give his opinion in an open-forum which he was entitled to and he got punched in the face for it. I don't listen to his show nor do I think he is a talented on-air personality, but this hate for him is ridiculous.
Other than Haiti, IIRC, he also disrespected Kong by telling her she's a bitch or something to that degree. That's why he got fired.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Other than Haiti, IIRC, he also disrespected Kong by telling her she's a bitch or something to that degree. That's why he got fired.
I believe he called her a "big black bitch". And if memory serves, back at the time this happened "The JPH" (at the time using the name John Power i believe) strongly defended the prick, stating adamantly that it was in no way racist.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
A "black bitch". Whether intended to be racist or not, common sense would say it's a ridiculous thing to say.

I just think it's a very inhuman response for an inhabitant of one of the richest countries in the world to say 'Fuck Haiti' because they were offering aid to an incredibly poor country in the middle of a huge natural disaster.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts