Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rub your eyes once more because yes I said it. Orton can't hold a fucking candle to a GOAT heel like Bubba Ray Dudley. You don't have to be a hardcore ECW fan to know that The Dudleys were most heel tag team of their day in ECW and anywhere else. Bubba Ray Dudley did work in TNA that I could care less about, but I can't deny that he is by far and I mean by far a way better and more believable heel than Orton ever could be.

Granted this, Orton will always take the cake on the baby face role because he is younger and far better looking. I realize Bubba Ray has done some questionable things in the ring. He is from a time that is completely different than Randy's. Not making excuses, but seriously the stars today have no idea how made they have it. Despite the fact that Dudley is no longer in the WWE and Orton still is. I find that Dudley is far more entertaining as a heel. Besides I can't stand Orton as a face let alone heel.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
If you can't stand orton as a face let alone a heel, doesn't it mean he would be a good heel? Thats called true heel hear mate.

But I don't really know much about Bubba's heel run both with the Dudely Boyz and as Bully Ray and heard he was great each time. And I think Bubba is better than Orton overally anyway.

Reactions: blackholeson

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can't stand orton as a face let alone a heel, doesn't it mean he would be a good heel? Thats called true heel hear mate.
No. It's simply Orton fell off big time since 2006. He may be amazing in the ring, but overall he is stale. He had no business running his mouth to the likes of a better heel act.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
I'd have forgiven WWE's awful use of the recent Dudley Boyz' run if we had got Bully Ray outta it. We were all so close to it too :mj2. Guy would've made a great heel if used right. Especially better than the likes of heels we see today (exception of some such as The Miz aside).

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
It's easy to be the better heel when you can be as vulgar as humanly possible in your journey to get heat. A form of heat some may even refer to as "cheap".

But, does that really make you a better heel? Because if I stood in the middle of the Elks Lodge, called fans faggots, threw trash at them and threaten to have Big Dick rape them, I'm definitely gonna get heat. But, it doesn't mean I'm worth a fuck as a heel.

And I'm not saying Bubba isn't worth a fuck as a heel. I love him as a heel, that whole Dudley Boyz act (especially in the Big Dick days) was gold. But, it's lazy heat.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,420 Posts
It depends on how you look at it. Randy Orton despite his flaws played a great heel. His Legend Killer character was great, with Orton playing a cocky heel who wanted to kill all the legends we loved. He showed a lot more personality back then and he had awesome feuds and matches with the like of Mick Foley, Undertaker, and Hulk Hogan. His Viper character was also great when it first started. The way he portrayed his character, the mannerisms and body language was great. And he has great in ring psychology too. I get that Orton isn't everyone's cup of tea but I do believe he played the role of heel perfectly.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
No. It's simply Orton fell off big time since 2006. He may be amazing in the ring, but overall he is stale. He had no business running his mouth to the likes of a better heel act.
Orton amazing in the ring? LOL since when?
He stunk up the whole joint with Cena at the Rumble two years ago and only got worse ever since. The man hasn't tweaked his gimmick in 10 years and is as entertaining as watching a granny take a walk.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have to agree with you. Orton should have always remained as The Legend Killer. Shawn Michaels was always the Heart Break Kid. That's who he was and always will be. Vince fucked up big time by letting the Viper stuff happen. In my opinion, that's when Randy died as an entertainer

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Orton sucks both as a face and a heel. The only time he was watchable was when he was the "Legend Killer"

Also you'll now see many "anti-indy" (I don't watch indys either) smarks pretend to be Orton fans because of his "dive" bullshit when he's just as if not worse than most indy guys. A charisma vacuum.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Orton's tweet the other day shows what a good heel he is. He's got all the wrestling world wound up including a lot of this forum. The fact that people are getting behind Jinder in the hope that he beats Orton just shows he is GOAT heel.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
the biggest problem with randy is every storyline or gimmick he enters into, he merely uses it as a vehicle to do the same arrogant act hes always done, he just never does anything, even small things differently to keep his character fresh, he couldve gone to town in the wyatt storyline and really made himself into something different but he didnt, it was just randy orton, being being randy orton tacked on to the wyatts.

its not about "legend killer" of "the viper" because its still the same randy orton, he never changed and thats the problem, his character was boring back then but he seemed to have at least some enjoyment doing it, nowadays hes still boring but looks like hed rather be down the dentist getting his teeth pulled.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Randy played a great heel in an environment where the tools a heel can use is very much limited.

Bubba's a decent heel, but then he could do a lot more and was working in an era where heelwork basically had no boundaries.

I'd say Orton's the better heel, Bubba's still a hated and overweight turd.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts