Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your match and promo here. Remember doesn't matter if gimmicked, normal, whatever. But has to be 1 on 1 using real wrestlers. And a promo with one contestant.

Check out page 2 of "Be The Booker Tournament" thread to find rules.

Due Date is Wednesday night (Time in your part of the world)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Intercontinental Championship Match:
Randy Orton (champion) Vs. Shawn Michaels​

Randy Orton mocks HBK who jumps his opponent and proceeds to stomp a mudhole. Orton rolls to the outside and calls a time out but isn't given one. The Legend Killer gets in the ring after a five count. Both combatatnts tie up and the champion is thrown into the mat. Orton becomes frustrated and runs at Michaels only to be tripped and put in a figure four leg lock. Randy quickly gets to the ropes and rolls to the outside. Shawn chases his opponent until the Intercontinental Champion gets back in the ring.

The Legend slides back in the ring and is stomped on. The IC Champ continues the assault with a series of dropkicks and armdrag takedowns followed by a sleeper hold. After two minutes and HBK's arm being dropped twice, he gets up and stops Randy's momentum with a backdrop.

HBK goes for the first pinfall of the match...1...2...kickout! Shawn whips his foe hard into the corner followed by a ten punch and a closeline over the top rope. Michaels goes outside and whips Orton into the steel steps. Orton is then thrown back in the ring and HBK climbs to the top rope.

Orton kicks the referee into the ropes causing Shawn to land crotch-first on the turnbuckle. The Legend Killer delivers a superplex and makes the cover...1...2...kickout! The member of Evolution takes off two turnbuckle pads from opposite corners. The ref tries putting them back on as Orton brings a chair in the ring and smacks it over the challenger's head, busting him wide open like a stuffed pig. Orton makes the cover (The referee is trying to put the turnbuckle pads on still).........1...2...kickout! Randy delivers a snake eyes on an exposed turnbuckle and rolls HBK up with his feet on the ropes...1...2...kickout! Now, the Intercontinental Champion begins to argue with the referee. HBK attempts a superkick and hits the referee after Randy Orton ducks.

Ric Flair comes into the ring and passes his partner a pair of brass knuckles. Michaels eliminates Flair over the top and turns around, getting hit with the brass knucks. Orton makes the pin and it takes a while for the referee to get up........1.....2......kickout! The Nature Boy gets back in the ring so referee Earl Hebner sends him backstage.

Shawn dropkicks the champ as he looks at Flair making his way to the back. Shawn climbs to the top rope and cross body blocks his opponent on the outside of the ring. HBK carries the champ back in the ring at a count of seven.

Orton nails a thumb to the eye and whips his foe to the ropes, the challenger ducks the closeline and nails a flying forearm of his own. HBK spring to his feet vintage HBK style. Shawn attempts to whip Orton over the top but the champ reverses it and he celebrates too quickly, for HBK skins the cat. Randy Orton turns around and slaps Shawn hard in the face. Michaels becomes angry, takes the Legend Killer down and pounds on him for a while. The challenger then hits three closelines and whips his rival to the ropes.

Orton locks in a sleeper hold and is backed up into a corner. HBK attempts to whip Orton to the opposite corner but it is reversed and Michaels is flipped upside down in the corner causing him to be set up in a tree of woe. Orton baseball slides Shawn right in the face. Orton attempts the RKO but the Showstopper pushes his opponent away and superkicks him. Both are down for a count of nine. Both men exchange blows for a while until Shawn gains the advantage and closelines the champ. HBK goes for the cover...1...2...kickout!

Triple H comes out this time and argues with the referee. Orton nails a low blow and grabs a chair from the outside. When the champ gets back in the ring, the chair is superkicked in his face. Shawn pins as the ref sends HHH to the back.......1...2...Batista comes from under the apron and pulls Earl Hebner out of the ring. Earl is whipped into the steps and Batista flexes to the crowd.

HBK dives over the top and lands on Batista. HBK gets back into the ring and is hit with the RKO. Charles Robinson comes down for the count.......1...2...kickout! Orton can't believe it and RKO's Charles Robinson.

Orton and Michaels now begin exchanging lefts and rights down the aisleway. Shawn attempts a piledriver but gets backdropped on the floor. HBK is thrown back in the ring to confront Batista. Batista attempts a powerbomb but Shawn breaks free and dumps Batista over the top. Randy attempts an RKO but Michaels pushes the IC Champ away and superkicks him. The challenger goes for the cover as Hebner gets back in the ring.....1...2...3!
Winner: "The Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels in 22:17 and is declared the new Intercontinental Champion

Coach comes out.

Coach: "Shawn Michaels, The Heart Break Kid, The Showstopper, you have just won the Intercontinental Championship once again from somebody who's been after your throat for a while...The Legend Killer Randy Orton! What do you have to say?"

HBK: "It's a pleasure and an honour to have this gold belt right now. This takes me back to the good old days. Ric Flair came out, Triple H came out, Batista came out, Randy Orton used weapons on me...but the Heart Break Kid prevails in the end. Randy Orton, you call yourself the Legend Killer all you want because this Legend doesn't die!"

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Kurt Angle V Chris Benoit

Kurt Angle comes out to a huge pop from the crowd. Like angle, Chris Benoit also gets a huge crowd pop. Angle and Benoit shakes hands then the bell rings. They tie up with Angle backing Benoit into the corner. Benoit reverses and then tries a knife-edge chop but Angle ducks. Angle starts hitting quick hard right hands to Benoit then brings him out of the corner. Angle tries to irish whip Benoit but Benoit reverses and whips Angle. Angle tries a clothesline, Benoit ducks Benoit hits a belly to back suplex on Angle. Benoit goes for the crossface. Angle fights him off, as benoit persistantly tries to lock in the crossface but angle gets a hold of the bottom rope. Benoit backs off and Angle gets up. They tie up again. Angle grabs the legs and takes down benoit. Angle goes for the Anklelock but Benoit slips away and gets to the ropes. Angle immediatly goes to Benoit and starts kicking away at the ankle. Angle picks up Benoit and irish whips him. Angle catches Benoit and hits a Belly to Belly Suplex. Angle dosent give Benoit a break though he goes for Benoit and picks him up. Angle sets Benoit for a snap suplex but benoit lands on his feet. Angle quickly turns tries a right hand but Benoit ducks then hits a german suplex on Angle. Benoit keeps his grip on Angle, he picks him up and hits the second German suplex, and still keeps his grip, he gets angle up again and hits the third successive german suplex, benoit still keeps his grip and picks angle up again. Angle starts to hit back elbows on benoit and he reverses the waistlock. Angle hits a german suplex on Benoit, This time angle keeps his grip. Angle picks up Benoit and hits the second german suplex in a row. Angle maintains his grip and picks up Benoit and then hits a third german suplex. Angle still holds onto his grip and picks up Benoit. But Benoit hits back elbows and breaks angles grip and reverses the waist lock then hits an overhead german suplex on Angle. Fans are on their feet cheering the efforts of the two superstars. Benoit manages to roll angle over and covers him. 1-2-kickout by Angle. Benoit gets up slowly then goes to angle. benoit stomps angle twice on the head then picks him up and gives him a scoop slam. Benoit signals for the headbutt. Benoit makes his way up top. Angle quickly gets up climbs up the turnbuckle and delivers an overhead belly to belly suplex from the top turnbuckle. Angle slowly makes his way over to benoit who is spread out on the canvas and covers. 1......2......kickout by benoit. Angle uses the ropes to get up and then goes over to Benoit. He repeatedly stomps benoit then drags him over to the turnbuckle. Angle calls for a moonsault. Angle slowly climbs the ropes. Benoit quickly gets up and climbs the turnbuckle. He grabs Angle from behind and hits a belly to back suplex from the top turnbuckle. Benoit covers Angle 1.......2.......kickout by Angle. Benoit gets up then picks up Angle. He tries a snap suplex but Angle counters and takes down Benoit. Angle turns benoit over and gets him into the Anklelock. Benoit screams in pain. Benoit tries to fight to the ropes but cant get there. Benoit tries to crawl to the bottom rope. Benoit keeps fighting to get to the ropes but Angle pulls him back. Benoit fights his way over to the ropes again but Angle pulls him back again. Benoit rolls over and kicks angle into the ropes. Angle rebounds into Benoit who gives him a small package 1-2-kickout by angle. Angle goes over to Benoit and gets him into a front face lock. Benoit fights away at Angle with shots to the mid-section trying to get out of the front face lock. Benoit reverses the front face lock into the Crippler Crossface. Benoit locks it in. Angle is stuck in the middle of the ring. Angle crawls slowly over to the bottom rope, he's about to get his hand onto the rope but Benoit does a backrole keeping hold of the crossface and it takes him back into the middle of the ring again. Angle looks as if he's gonna tap but grabs the foot of Benoit. Angle reverses the crossface into an anklelock on Benoit. Angle pulls Benoit into the middle of the ring but Benoit turns and gets a few kicks in on the head of Angle sending him down. Benoit crawls over to the ropes and uses them to pull him up, Angle also crawls over to the ropes and uses them to pull himself up. They move into the middle of the ring. Benoit gives Angle a right hand, Angle gives Benoit a right hand. They start repeatedley exchanging the right hands. Angle gets the better of the right hands but Benoit ducks one and starts hitting knife-edge chops on Angle. Benoit whips angle into the ropes but Angle reverses. Benoit tries a clothesline but Angle ducks then hits the Angle Slam to Benoit. Angle crawls over to Benoit and covers 1-2-kickout by Benoit. Angle can't believe it. Angle gets up and he looks fired up. Angle takes down the straps and calls for the Angle Slam. Benoit slowly gets up and turns around. Angle delivers a kick to the mid-section and then hits a second angle slam to Benoit. Angle covers Benoit 1.................2................kickout by Benoit. Angle can't believe it. Angle picks up benoit again and takes him into the corner. Angle delivers quick right hands to Benoit. Angle sits Benoit on the turnbuckle and delivers some more right hands. Angle climbs up the turnbuckle and sets Benoit for the Superplex, but Benoit fights him off and knocks him off the turnbuckle to the canvas. Benoit calls for the top rope headbutt and hits it. Benoit covers 1........2..........kickout by Angle. Benoit can't believe Angle kicked out. Benoit picks up Angle and hits a snap suplex. Benoit keeps hold of Angle and picks him up. Benoit hits a second snap suplex to Angle and still picks him up. Benoit hits a third snap suplex to Angle and then signals for a second headbutt. Benoit climbs the ropes and goes for the headbutt. But Angle moves and Benoit hits the canvas. Angle covers Benoit 1.............2.........kickout by Benoit. Angle and Benoit struggle up but angle gets up slightly quicker. Angle goes for a DDT but Benoit hits an inverted suplex on him. Benoit covers 1-2-kickout by Angle. Benoit goes to the turnbuckle and goes up top. Angle gets up and shakes the ropes causing Benoit to fall onto the turnbuckle. Angle slowly makes his way over and climbs to the top turnbuckle and delivers right hands to Benoit. Angle sets Benoit and hits a Top Rope Angle Slam ! Fans are on their feet cheering the efforts of both competitors. Angle crawls over to Benoit and covers him 1..............2...........3. Kurt Angle wins. After the match both superstars make their way up. They square off in the middle of the ring. Benoit extends his hand to angle. Angle shakes Benoits hand and Benoit raises Angles arm then leaves to let Angle celebrate. Angle leaves through the crowd.
Winner : via pinfall Kurt Angle

**i'll do the promo later**

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There is actually a set grader and grading system for each match.
Still no reason you's cant say who's you think was better, that's fine.

Juvy

Length - 6 out of 10.

Flow - 5 out of 10. This seemed to flow more after the ref ejected Flair from the ring. Too much interference really. There were some parts like "Shawn dropkicks the champ as he looks at Flair making his way to the back. Shawn climbs to the top rope and cross body blocks his opponent on the outside of the ring. HBK carries the champ back in the ring at a count of seven."
That you didn't even mention that Orton had gone out of the ring. Things like this happened a couple of times, which affected the flow.

Realism - 7 out of 10. You used both guys movesets which was realistic, and HBK's ways of skinning the cat etc. But there was no selling of moves.

Enjoyment - 8 out of 10. This match was enjoyable to read, although you should've cut down on interference which ruined the enjoyment of reading it.

Professionalism & Effort- Only the odd spelling mistake. Grammer was good, used capitals, commars and full stops when needed. The effort was put in, so 10 out of 10.

Promo - Seemed kindof in a Shawn Michaels character. Little short though. 7 out of 10.

Overall - 43 out of 60.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reminder to Dr Thug that the promo is due Wednesday night in your time. Might not be able to grade till Friday though due to Christmas so you might be lucky if you don't post it by Wednesday night.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am not marking tough. Sure it wasn't that long, but it seemed in character enough for me. But it probably didn't deserve 8 which I put (puts down to 7)

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Here is my promo, short i know

Kurt Angle heads back towards the lockerroom and bumps into Benoit.

Benoit : You were lucky tonight Kurt, but it won't happen again.

Angle : Lucky, I beat you Benoit, I beat you 1-2-3, I beat you after a finishing maneuovor (sp), i beat you fair and square, no cheating.

Benoit : It won't happen again Kurt, because i am the best technical wrestler in the world today

Angle : Ok Chris, If you were the best technical wrestler in the world today, then seen as i just whipped your canadian ass 1-2-3 in the ring, then i guess that now makes me, the best technical wrestler in the world today. Its True, Its Damn True !

Angle walks away but Benoit attacks angle from behind. Benoit locks in the crossface on kurt angle who then proceeds to tap out. Backstage Officials pull Benoit off Angle and seperate them.

------------------------------------

Well there it is

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Length - 7 out of 10.

Flow - 9 out of 10. This match flowed very well. Unlike Juvy's, there were no breaks in the match, everything flowed along good as it wasn't just move after move.

Realism - 6.5 out of 10. You used both guys movesets. And there was about one or two spots of selling of Submission holds. But having all those German Suplexes early on in the match was unrealistic.

Enjoyment - 8 out of 10. Enjoyable enough to read.

Professionalism & Effort - 8.5 out of 10. Effort was there, couple of spelling mistakes in the promo though. i is capitaled, as I.

Promo - 7 out of 10. 2nd line of Angle's didn't seem like something he would say. And like WE Champ said, it was repetitive at the start. But the last line of Angle's was pretty in character.

Overall - 46 out of 60. This was a good match. Both matches were very good. Dr Thug advances to the semis, Juvy will go into the match for 5th.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I know it sounds unsportsmanlike and all but can you honestly call that enjoyable enough to read? Benoit this, Angle that, benoit this, angle that. some people didn't understand the promo. I think A-Dust's rating was right. There were no breaks in my match? How's about all the time's they were down while the referee tried counting up to 10? And my promo was better than his, I had the wrestler in character and like you said, the last line is something Angle would say, everything else just didn't work. Sorry if I sound like a sore loser but it's the truth!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was dreading something like this to happen...

...there were two matches, and there is only one winner. And in my opinion, Dr Thug had the better match. But not by much, both matches were very good. Both matches were enjoyable as each other to read. And if you think i'm meaning breaks by when both men are down on the mat and the ref is counting to ten, I don't mean that because that happens all the time in wrestling. By breaks, an example in your match was one minute Orton was in the ring and the next minute Shawn jumped to the outside onto him, where I didn't even know Orton had gone to the outside. Yes your promo was better than his, that is why I gave it a higher mark. And even if I took his promo mark down by one or two which would be the most I would, he will still win the match.

I think it may be a good idea if either I grade Evolution7790's match or Dr Thug grades your match again, to decide who will be the 4th place to get into the semi's, as for example my grading may be stricter than Dr Thug's, which means our grades would be different.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts