Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~ BTB End of Year Awards 2010 ~

Yes, that time has rolled around again. First of all, to everyone here, happy new year. Hopefully 2011 is a good year for all.

For those of you who haven't been here at a time when we've done the awards, how we go about this is really quite simple. Basically, the timeframe we are voting for is the year 2010, obviously. In that time, you nominate the work of bookers or bookers themselves for each category. After the nomination process, we then have a vote, where you vote for one piece of work or booker in each category. The piece of work or booker gets the most votes wins the award for that category. Rather simple, no?

Now when nominating (which you do via PM), I cannot make it clear enough - you may NOT nominate yourself. It's really quite simple. However, what you can do is, when posting suggestions in this thread for each category, you may insert some of your own work in there. By posting your nominations and some of your own work in this thread, you're assisting others in looking at stuff that they feel is worthy to nominate. Let me make it clear though that this is not a shill thread. I don't want to see suggestions that are just full of someone plugging their own work when, quite frankly, it could be crap. If you're just here looking for some cheap advertising for your thread, then odds are your thread probably is not good enough to be nominated. Also, when posting your suggestions, please do hyperlink it to make it easier for others.

I'm not going to set a concrete date for closing nominations, although odds are it will be in about a week, maybe a little longer. When I decide upon a time (after I see if we're getting any nominations), then I'll inform everyone in here. Until then, nominate away.

Here are the categories (yes, I left the descriptions from last year because because WCW Rules is far better with the English language than me).

-----

Best BTB Of The Year
Awarded to the absolute best BTB of 2010, acclaimed and one whose sums added to a compelling whole. This is the highest honor available in Be The Booker.

Best Match Of The Year
Awarded to the match that kept readers hooked, on the edge of their seat. The real page-turner, the captivator. Whether it was the psychology, the storytelling, or the action, this belongs to THE match of 2010.

Best Promo Of The Year
Awarded to the promo that had not just the walk, but the talk behind it. The promo with substance, meaning, character, and all the other elements to make it successful.

Best PPV of The Year
Awarded to the best PPV, the consummate event of 2010. I believe no further information is needed - just nominate and vote for the PPV that best exemplifies 2010.

Best Individual Show Of The Year (non-PPV)
It's said PPVs are the most significant indicator of a good thread, but sometimes, a regular show can create such a buzz, it's difficult to forget and set aside as if it's of no consequence. This is awarded to the singular show (non-PPV) of 2010 that set the bar for future shows to come.

-----

Best Booker
Awarded to the quintessential booker of 2010 - the man of the hour, the one with the power. The headliner, the record breaker. The second highest honor available in Be The Booker.

Breakout Booker
Awarded to the booker whose name was made in 2010. The booker who, just before, was a either a blip on the radar or a relative unknown. The diamond in the rough.

Most Improved Booker
This award is awarded to the booker who has improved and matured throughout the course of 2010, blossoming into a competent writer and booker in the process.

Most Underrated Booker
Awarded to the unappreciated, but talented booker. The one whose mere mention causes contemporaries to remark with awe and praise, but one who is evaluated far too low due to other circumstances.

Best Match Writer
Awarded to the booker with a consistent track record of compelling match-ups, the crafter of magnificent and emotional bouts, the one who can weave actions and movements in a match and make it meaningful.

Best Promo Writer
A select few have the gib of gab. The same can be said for the one whose promos can incite a range of emotional responses from the reader, and are true examples of clever and meaningful writing behind the action.

Most Creative
Awarded to the booker whose concepts, ideas, characters, and feuds are like a Renaissance to an often stagnant section clinging to old methods.

Most Inspirational
Awarded to the booker whose influence spreads throughout the section like a pleasant plague. Contradiction indeed, but being an inspiration to the section is nothing to gawk at. In fact, it's an award in and of itself. Who has inspired BTB the most?

Best Reviewer
Awarded to the booker whose feedback provides the best possible critique and understanding of the material being read.

-----

Best Used Character Of The Year
Explains itself. Who was the best used character of 2010? Down to changes and evolution of character, how his/her matches flowed, and how well he/she was booked/written.

Best Feud Of The Year
Awarded to the most enthralling and immersive feud of 2010. Whether personal or competitive, this is awarded to the perfect conglomerate of great match-ups, solid promos and build-up, an awesome climax, and overall, was a treat to see unfold.

-----

Biggest Shock
Whether it elicited a positive or negative response, a shock is a shock. Surprises come in all forms, and in BTB, it's no different. What shocked BTB to the core in 2010? You decide.

Biggest Disappointment
A dubious honor, this is awarded to the idea, booker, BTB, feud, or match that had so much potential, but fell short of expectations. It's not so much a defeating award as it is a wake-up call to the booker (or his work) that receives it.

Funniest BTB Moment of The Year
At the behest of a friend, I bring back an award from the past, one which was meant just for fun - the Funniest BTB Moment of the Year. You know what to do here. If not, shame. I had high hopes. Perhaps I set 'em too high.

Greatest BTB Moment of The Year
Whether it was a booker returning after a long hiatus, a long-awaited PPV being posted, or a detail on PPV or a regular show that had readers captivated. It could be within a BTB, such as someone winning a World Title, or within the boundaries of the section itself, involving personas and all.

-----

So yes ladies and gentlemen, there it is. As I've said, post your suggestions in this thread, PM your actual nominations to me and a date shall be set within the next two days. Good luck to all.​

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Ah crap, I wanted to get Armageddon done before this but anyways... Gonna leave some suggestions in here as well because I think it's a good idea... I missed alot of the year so don't think I can vote on most of these until i read abck on some stuff.. But from what I do know...

Best BTB Of The Year: ( Two horse race if you ask me, dont see any other getting this year ) Nige and BKB Hulk

Best Match Of The Year: To be Edited

Best Promo Of The Year: To Be Edited

Best PPV Of The Year : BKB's Wrestlemania

Best Show: IMacs Raw Night Of Champions

Best Booker: Nige, BKB, Sc2004

Breakout Booker: ASCS Shocker, MelvisBoy

Most Improved Booker: TheIrishProdigy, RatedRKO31

Most Under Rated Booker : ASCS Shocker, MelvisBoy

Best Match Writter: BKB

Best Promo Writter: Nige and Sc2004

Most Creative: Sc2004

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best BTB Of The Year: Melvisboy's WWE: The Comeback
Being The Booker
Legend Presents: WWE 2006 - Now Stop Your Grinnin' And Drop Your Linen
WWE: The Evolution Of Greed

Best Match Of The Year: Intercontinental Title Six Pack Challenge - Vengeance - Legend
Ultimate Jeopardy - One Night Stand - Legend
Brent Albright vs. Paul London - Judgment Day - Wolf Beast
Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena - Royal Rumble - PatMan
The Royal Rumble Match - Royal Rumble - PatMan

Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena - Royal Rumble - iMac
The Royal Rumble Match - iMac

Best Promo Of The Year: CM Punk first calls out Steve Austin - Melvisboy
Randy Orton backstage promo on the last RAW before Vengeance - Legend
Paul Bearer before Vengeance main event - Legend
Terry Funk's recorded promo from after One Night Stand - Legend
Shawn Michaels/Triple H confrontation - Stojy

Best PPV of The Year: Vengeance - Legend
One Night Stand - Legend
Judgment Day - Wolf Beast
Royal Rumble - iMac
Royal Rumble - PatMan

Best Individual Show Of The Year (non-PPV): RAW Roulette - Wolf Beast
RAW: Night of Champions - iMac
WWE vs. ECW: Head To Head - Legend

-----

Best Booker: Legend
Wolf Beast
iMac
Melvisboy

Breakout Booker: Melvisboy
iMac
ASCS Shock

Most Improved Booker: Nige
ASCS Shock

Most Underrated Booker: iMac

Best Match Writer: Legend
Wolf Beast

Best Promo Writer: Legend
Wolf Beast
Melvisboy

Most Creative: WCW Rules

Most Inspirational: DDMac
Legend
Wolf Beast

Best Reviewer: Stoj
Melvisboy

-----

Best Used Character Of The Year: CM Punk - Melvisboy
Edge - Legend
Bobby Lashley - Legend
Terry Funk - Legend
CM Punk - Legend

Shelton Benjamin - Wolf Beast
Mr. Kennedy - Wolf Beast
Alex Laree - Wolf Beast
Melina - Wolf Beast
Beth Phoenix - Wolf Beast

Mr. McMahon - iMac
Rob Van Dam - iMac
Bobby Lashley - iMac

Best Feud Of The Year: Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena - Legend
Edge vs. Shane McMahon - Legend
Terry Funk vs. Sabu - Legend

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena - Wolf Beast
Melina vs. Alexis Laree - Wolf Beast

CM Punk vs. Steve Austin - Melvisboy

-----

Biggest Shock: DDMac returns out of nowhere

Biggest Disappointment: DDMac disappears again
WCW Rules again not sticking to a thread
Stoj not getting Backlash up
JPH not sticking to a thread
DC doesn't bring back Le Chronicles

Funniest BTB Moment of The Year: The Interview with Wolf Beast

Greatest BTB Moment of The Year: DDMac returns, even if only momentarily.

·
The Knight
1,746 Posts
Best BTB Of The Year
BkB Hulk – The World Wrestling Entertainment
ASCS Shock – ASCS Shock Presents: TNA – The Revolution
Legend – Legend Presents: WWE 2006 – Stop Your Grinnin’ and Drop Your Linen
Wolf Beast – Being The Booker

Best Match Of The Year
BkB Hulk – The Undertaker vs Rob Van Dam – Wrestlemania 22
BkB Hulk – Triple H vs Shawn Michaels – Wrestlemania 22
Wolf Beast – Paul London vs Brent Albright – Judgment Day
Nige – WWE Title Elimination Chamber – Summerslam
Legend – Ultimate Jeopardy – One Night Stand
Crazian – AJ Styles vs Shelton Benjamin – The Massacre
iMac – Royal Rumble Match – Royal Rumble

Best Promo Of The Year
BkB Hulk – Triple H and Shawn Michaels go over their past on Raw

Best PPV of The Year
BkB Hulk’s Wrestlemania 22
Wolf Beast’s Judgment Day
Nige’s Summerslam
DH’s Judgment Day
Crazian’s The Massacre
iMac's Royal Rumble

Melvisboy’s Armageddon. My only shill/suggestion. :eek:

Best Individual Show Of The Year (non-PPV)
Wolf Beast – Raw Roulette
iMac – Raw: Night of Champions

-----

Best Booker
BkB Hulk
Legend
Wolf Beast
ASCS Shock

Breakout Booker
ASCS Shock
DH
iMac

Most Improved Booker
RatedRKO31
Leeroy-riz

Most Underrated Booker
iMac
Perfect Poster

Best Match Writer
BkB Hulk

Best Promo Writer
BkB Hulk
DH

Most Creative
Crazian
WCW Rules

Most Inspirational
BkB Hulk – setting up awards, interviews, keeping a consistent high standard himself, etc.
ASCS Shock – also consistent, provides lots of help in the Discussion Thread
Emperor DC – out of fear. :side:

Best Reviewer
BkB Hulk
Stoj
DH

-----

Best Used Character Of The Year
BkB Hulk – Gregory Helms
BkB Hulk – Shawn Michaels
BkB Hulk – World’s Greatest Tag Team
DH – MVP
DH – Mr Kennedy
ASCS Shock – Mr Anderson
Wolf Beast – Mr Kennedy
Legend – Bobby Lashley
Legend – Terry Funk

Best Feud Of The Year
BkB Hulk – Triple H vs Shawn Michaels (even if it was late starting)
BkB Hulk – Trish Stratus vs Mickie James
Legend – John Cena vs Shawn Michaels
Legend – Terry Funk vs Sabu

-----

Biggest Shock
Ric Flair winning MITB at BkB’s WM22
WCW Rules going M.I.A on more than one occasion

Biggest Disappointment
The King of BTB Tournament failing for no real reason
Lack of activity in the section
WCW Rules not sticking to a thread
The JPH not sticking to a thread

Funniest BTB Moment of The Year
OML vs Perfect Poster
UNDENTACKERRULES

Greatest BTB Moment of The Year
BkB Hulk’s WM22 capping off the year

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only two sets of nominations thus far, which is disappointing. I'll gave it until the 11:59 on the 8th of January before nominations close, so please get them in before then.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Why's Sc2004 been picked by someone?

He's not even written this year I don't think, and if he has, he's written hardly nothing.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, sc has posted a grand total of zero shows for the year. People who aren't obviously checking to see what's worth nominating and are just nominating the guys they like won't have their nominations counted.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Im 100 percent sure alot of other would not have checked what else is worth nominating... Nothing I suggested Sean for is related to soemthing that should have happened this year, No best match or character or anything. I put his name forward as best booker and best promo writter, thats why i did not put his thread as best thread because its not active doesn't change that he is one of the best

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Im 100 percent sure alot of other would not have checked what else is worth nominating... Nothing I suggested Sean for is related to soemthing that should have happened this year, No best match or character or anything. I put his name forward as best booker and best promo writter, thats why i did not put his thread as best thread because its not active doesn't change that he is one of the best
To be the best for a stated year, you need to have actually displayed that fact, something he has clearly not.

By your logic, I should nominate Amp, Jushin and FD because they were great 4 years ago.

See the lack of logic you are employing ... ?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Ye i partly agree with you, didn't think it through as much at the time but I think 4 years would be a bit much ? If it means that much to people when I cast proper votes I wont include him

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
I'll vote when the nominations are up. I've only really been reading a handful of threads this past year and everything's already been covered in the two set of nominations, so I don't have anything new to put forward.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TheIrishProdigy™;9199362 said:
It's about the best booker of the year and the best promo writer of the year. You can't nominate people who haven't actually written promos and booked this year. That completely ignores the system of recognising people for what they've done this year.

Also, the nominations I've gotten have been checked, as shown by links that have been supplied, showing they've at least looked over what they feel should be nominated.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Ye I realise that now, I did not know he had not posted all year, as i said I wont use in my real votes, wasn't going to anyway except for creative. Keep you're hats on

·
Captain Cally
1,674 Posts
Did we get anymore nominations. If it is still two I would be very upset :(

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Up to three sets now, which is still extremely disappointing, especially since I KNOW there are people that have been here all year and have read threads, thus meaning they shouldn't have to do too much work, who haven't nominated. Hopefully some more come in soon.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
fyi, the reason I'm not voting is because I've not actively read enough to make an unbiased decison on who to vote for.

Had I, I would have voted, but I don't think its fair of me to vote, because essentially, I'd only be voting for the threads I read, which are a very small minority. :eek:

·
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY
5,247 Posts
fyi, the reason I'm not voting is because I've not actively read enough to make an unbiased decison on who to vote for.

Had I, I would have voted, but I don't think its fair of me to vote, because essentially, I'd only be voting for the threads I read, which are a very small minority. :eek:
Same. It wouldn't be fair or accurate if I voted.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.