Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here the thing. My folks are at that point where they want to display tough love on me and my younger brothers in an effort for us to learn to responsible. No problem. But now it's a mess. My chances at my allowance are getting ruined over some stupid sh1t. You see, afterschool I take a SAT prep class, and I decided one day to come home early, so I can do an imporant paper. I already said hey, I can't help because of this paper. Since I didn't help, now I'm at odds with my family, and my shot at my money is almost finished. It's aggavating the he11 out of me. My question is have you been in this situation before, and what would/did you do about it. Like I said earlier, the responsiblity part is no problem. I respect that. It's the BS stuff that I'm getting knocked for, which is driving me nuts. 1!

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
Allowance? If you're taking SAT prep classes you are old enough to get a job. I never got allowance in the first place, so just consider yourself lucky. Actually, reading your rant again, it's stupid. Seriously, my parents are being mean and won't give me free money.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after thinking about it, I was a little bit aggavated over some stupid stuff. Hey, that's life. I'll live with it. As for growing up, I'm 16. I'm very mature, it's just that I do some stupid things at times, and have to pay the price. Anyway, I'm ready to just forget about it and move on. 1!

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
I started to read your rant but then I came across the digit 1, which was supposed to be an ‘I’ I'm guessing. That’s where I stopped, if you’re immature to type numbers instead of letters then I guessed your rant was also going to be immature. After reading the replies it seems I was correct too.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
100%Caborn said:
He's taking SAT Prep classes? Ha! He just can't grow up. His level of immaturity is as high as SlaM. j/k SlaM.
I was atleast employed by the age of 12. So I can affoard (...:D) to be.

·
Double D Baby!
3,328 Posts
I love it how he is in preparation for SAT's but is still saying aggavated.

Its so cute. Not getting allowance? Simple solution.

Get a job. The end.

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
I'll put it this way...I'm sick and tired of hearing people bitching about their "allowance." I have known kids who are handed money left and right by their parents for the dumbest things. You mowed the yard, he's a twenty dollar bill. That doesn't teach the kid anything, it just makes it seem as though they can do something so effortless and recieve money as a reward. All it's doing is presenting them a false representation of real life. In real life, you don't get $20 for doing something that you should HAVE to do anyway. Half of the kids that get paid to mow their own yards do it with riding mowers, basically making it even more effortless. If you're sitting there right now mocking me thinking that I'm insane for saying mowing is effortless, just wait until you get a real job. Then lets hear you whine to your boss about your "allowance."

SIG

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with the Kiwi girl on this one, getting a job is the simplest while not necessarily the easiest thing to do. It teaches you how to manage money and time as well as shows your parents that you can be responsible and do not need them for extra money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts