Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Bryan Alvarez comes across as obnoxious to me, Meltzer is far more knowledgeable about wrestling.
He is obknoxious. I don't know what his show is, but I definately wouldn't watch it if I did. When he screams like he did in this video, his voice is like a cheese grater on the ears. I'll stick with Wade Keller and Jason Powell on the PWTorch livecast.

Having said that, I don't see the Ryder hype either. I really don't see what the big deal is. At least with Daniel Bryan I can understand why people like him, even though I can't stand the guy, but with him it's a total mystery.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He is obknoxious. I don't know what his show is, but I definately wouldn't watch it if I did. When he screams like he did in this video, his voice is like a cheese grater on the ears. I'll stick with Wade Keller and Jason Powell on the PWTorch livecast.

Having said that, I don't see the Ryder hype either. I really don't see what the big deal is. At least with Daniel Bryan I can understand why people like him, even though I can't stand the guy, but with him it's a total mystery.
He's on pretty much every single show on wrestling observer (Meltzer's website). I rarely listen to it as his "my opinion is always right and if you disagree you are a fool" attitude kinda bugs me.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Well, I guess that explains him praising Daniel Bryan in this video. 8*D

I know he's with Meltzer, I just don't know the name of the podcast, or whatever it is he does, but like I said, I'm quite happy with what I do listen to. No need at all to listen to Alvarez if he's like this all the time.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
It's true. My god, it's all true.

Watching his web series was where I connected with him fundamentally, as a performer. He was fun to watch, his gimmick was fun to watch, fist-pumping and WOO WOO WOO and throwing up the LIs was fun to watch.

However, Zack Ryder on WWE programming has not been fun to watch. They managed to ruin a character that was already made for him - something that you'd literally have to go out of your way to do. They fed him to Kane to prove how sick and twisted he is, and to try and get Cena over with a demographic that he will never win over.

I want to see Zack Ryder! I don't want to see him in two minute squash matches, in humiliating angles that have no payoff.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
:lol

It's a fan gimmick if they cheer for Ryder... But not a gimmick when the fans are cheering "YES!"?

Wow.

Fans of the gimmick sure, but what he said there was fucking retarded.

Personally I mark for him because on his show he is/was entertaining, he worked his ass off to get popular and succeeded. I mark more knowing he's been fucked over, though a lot of people stopped.

·
Registered
180 Posts
LOL He keeps saying "Zack Ryder is not allowed to wrestle" but forgot to mention Ryder is horrible in the ring, one of the worst workers on the roster currently. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THIS MORON WRESTLE.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
LOL He keeps saying "Zack Ryder is not allowed to wrestle" but forgot to mention Ryder is horrible in the ring, one of the worst workers on the roster currently. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THIS MORON WRESTLE.
I'd like to see this "moron" wrestle. Plus, we have been over this before, he's not shit in the ring, and you know it. As it was stated yesterday, he's had many good matches. And don't say "that's cause the other guy is better" because who really gives a shit, and as long as it's a good match, it's a good match.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
I've been seeing this opinion quite a bit around here lately and I honestly don't understand why. When has he given concrete proof that he is a bad worker? He has done his part very well in all the matches he's been given lately and sure, the only long match he had was against Dolph Ziggler of all people but it was a very good match nonetheless.

I don't see any reason for people to crap on his work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.