Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Sheamus-Bryan has run its course & is most definitely Over. Daniel Bryan carried his ass and gave him the best match of his career.

Now since DB is too over for Smackdown, he needs to moved up to the A-show and feud with CM Punk for WWE title imo. Punk doesnt have a good heel to feud with for Over the limit anyway, DB is the best option. It will make Punk's uninteresting Title so far interesting atleast for the
time being.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I agree this was sheamus best match,Bryan proved all the doubters wrong and he is main event material.Great storytelling,hopefully WWE officials take notice and draft Bryan to raw to feud with punk for the title as he deserves it.Match of the ppv and possibly a contender for MOTY.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I agree this was sheamus best match,Bryan proved all the doubters wrong and he is main event material.Great storytelling,hopefully WWE officials take notice and draft Bryan to raw to feud with punk for the title as he deserves it.Match of the ppv and possibly a contender for MOTY.
How exactly did he do that? No Bryan hater on the planet questions his wrestling ability, we question his mic skills, his charisma, his presence and his overall entertainment value. We know he has no equal as an in ring talent.

No, keep him away from Punk. Punk is one of the few bright spots on Raw, I don't need to see Bryan there to nullify that. Then again, it's better than Tensai, which is what's probably next for Punk, but there's not really any danger of him potentially winning the belt. Knowing Punk, he'll probably lobby for Bryan to win the belt from him, that can't be allowed.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That's probably more likely to happen on Smackdown. Going to find out real quick who they think is their top face behind Cena if he's really hurt.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
How exactly did he do that? No Bryan hater on the planet questions his wrestling ability, we question his mic skills, his charisma, his presence and his overall entertainment value. We know he has no equal as an in ring talent.

No, keep him away from Punk. Punk is one of the few bright spots on Raw, I don't need to see Bryan there to nullify that. Then again, it's better than Tensai, which is what's probably next for Punk, but there's not really any danger of him potentially winning the belt. Knowing Punk, he'll probably lobby for Bryan to win the belt from him, that can't be allowed.
I meant that some posters on this site do not think he is main event material and he is.Plus he has proven he is great on the mic no rock or flair but still main event leval.you say he has no entertainment value what was that tonight he had the crowd eating out of his hands and even casuals are finding him interesting.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't think that Bryan should go for the WWE title right now. Sure, he's an awesome performer, and incredibly over at the moment, but I'm always for taking it slow. I think Bryan should be in a Jericho position for some time, that is, performing as an upper-midcarder with regular excursions into the main event scene. Let him gain a few more titles and have some great feuds on that basis, and then, when he ultimately gains the WWE title, it will be all the more satisfying. Otherwise, we have another guy who got pushed to the moon too quickly and has nowhere to go.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I meant that some posters on this site do not think he is main event material and he is.Plus he has proven he is great on the mic no rock or flair but still main event leval.you say he has no entertainment value what was that tonight he had the crowd eating out of his hands and even casuals are finding him interesting.
He's not main event material. He's main event wrestling material but he's still boring. Great on the mic? I don't know what kind of standards most people set for this stuff but I'm not impressed. You don't push a guy based on in ring work, ever, ever, ever. This is sports entertainment, pre-determined wrestling. We have UFC if you want to watch skill based fights, it's about personality, which he has very little of, despite what the Internet thinks, which they think solely because they enjoy his wrestling. If Bryan wrestled like Miz, they wouldn't put up with his mic work in a billion years, whether they know it or not.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts

Yeah, agreed. Danielson has been incredible inring for over six years. Who exactly was 'doubting' him. I disagree with you on his mic skills and charisma, I think he's the total package but at least that part is debatable.

Bryan marks saying he proved the doubters wrong have got to be bandwagoners FFS.

·
Registered
383 Posts
He's not main event material. He's main event wrestling material but he's still boring. Great on the mic? I don't know what kind of standards most people set for this stuff but I'm not impressed. You don't push a guy based on in ring work, ever, ever, ever. This is sports entertainment, pre-determined wrestling. We have UFC if you want to watch skill based fights, it's about personality, which he has very little of, despite what the Internet thinks, which they think solely because they enjoy his wrestling. If Bryan wrestled like Miz, they wouldn't put up with his mic work in a billion years, whether they know it or not.
Well, whether you like his promos or not is of course a matter of personal opinion (I personally love his delivery and facial expression, and this guy just has a special kind of charme). And of course you're right that good in-ring perfomances per se don't warrant a push, which is why Tyson Kidd's career is at such a sorry state. What is important is being over - and I think nobody can deny that whatever Bryan is doing, he's doing it right, since there are few wrestlers that a more over than him as of now. Apparently, a lot of people enjoy him both inside and outside the ring (judging from the crowd reactions during his matches and promos), and, whether you agree or not, that is what ultimately counts. So yes (no pun intended), he's definitely main event material.

Reactions: Kling Klang

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Well, you can argue he's main event material since he's over, I don't agree. I think the fans are insane, so it doesn't bother me that he's going back to the midcard. Fortunately, Vince doesn't take overness into account. He's made his money a million times over, he can push whoever the fuck he wants.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Why is it that people seem incapable of using their eyes and brains to figure out that their thoughts can actually go in the thread that's already open about the SAME topic?

fpalm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.