Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
FOTC
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit: F4WOnline.com

The RAW segment with Steve Austin, Michael Cole, and JBL was a huge ratings success. It did a 4.46 quarter hour and drew well with male teenagers.

At this point, JBL's return was a one-shot deal and he's currently not scheduled for Wrestlemania.

While that segment did well, the Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan match that followed it lost 1,102,000 viewers.
I'm wondering if people changed the channel the moment Bryan came out or after they saw it was Sheamus vs. Bryan.

It's still not a good sign for Daniel Bryan. A long reign as champion, feud with Miz, and yet he still not much of a draw on RAW.

WWE should make him drop the title on Sheamus and then go on a potential temper tantrum or something that turns him heel. He's not cut out to be a face in the WWE; as a heel he has huge potential.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
He started out as a heel before the firing. If he was still that character, he would be doing great right now. Only problem is, the heels are taking over. The rise of Del Rio, The Miz, Barrett and Ziggler are upon us.

·
Registered
806 Posts
With contending for the US title, I now concede to Sheamus marks.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Its not Bryans fault how he's been booked lately. And when I saw sheamus the only think that prevented me from changing the channel was Bryan.

I don't think its a secret that alot of people tuned in to just see Stone Cold.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
See now the reaction is going to be "See, these guys aren't draws. Can 'em!"

I say, this feud has been handled POORLY. Sheamus has been treated like crap what with the stupid costume, getting annihilated by HHH, losing to Mark Henry, and hell, he was probably the most underdeveloped World Champion ever, which I don't think he ever recovered from. Daniel Bryan? Dude has been fucking directionless ever since he won the US Title. First its Ziggler...two random matches with no build, and that's it. Then its Ted DiBiase...a countless series of matches where Bryan won almost all of them, begging the question how is Ted even worth of the US Title at all? Next, Tyson Kidd was set up to be his rival...oh nevermind, he got killed by Mark Henry in the very next match. And then, Bryan has been sneak attacked by Miz what seems like a dozen times, with no pay off or anything. Its like "Hey we got have Miz kill somebody...go jump Bryan!".

By the time its over, you have tow guys I personally have been conditioned not to care about them. The BEST thing I can say about them is that they bring it in the ring, and they really do. Bryan can work with just about anybody and Sheamus stepping up pretty much saved his title reigns from being complete disasters. But when creative hands you shit, then shit is the final result.

Great writing & presentation can cover up the deficiencies of a talent, but great talent can't cover up for bad writing & presentation.

And the fact that guys like Stone Cold & The Rock are pulling in the numbers is a sign that the stars of the Attitude Era were presented well and people remember that.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Bryan is only popular amongst internet wrestling fans. Most WWE fans don't care for him at all sadly. His gimmick is one of the worst I've seen for someone with his talents.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
in my opinion wwe handled daniel bryans reign as current champion badly

he was super hot after his miz feud and pinning him clean 2 ppvs in a row and then nothing happened next

wwe has giving us no reason to care for him lately

just being a great wrestler is not enough

it did'nt help that wwe killed momentum of tyson and debiase for possible cotnenders for his title and doing the same with sheamus

if the title challengers are booked weak before title shot who cares then

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Perhaps people left becuase they only wanted to see Stonecold. Plus the US champ has not had a good storyline in a while so Bryan is not relavent right now for people to care. I think this feud with Sheamus if booked right will make Bryan and Sheamus relavent again.

·
FOTC
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bryan is only popular amongst internet wrestling fans. Most WWE fans don't care for him at all sadly. His gimmick is one of the worst I've seen for someone with his talents.
Finally someone they can tell the honest truth about Daniel Bryan. We all know Daniel Bryan has talent but he has the most boring character imaginable. Remember, it doesn't matter how much in ring talent you have -- if the fans don't react to what you're doing it doesn't matter.

·
8,232 Posts
That's a lot of fucking remote controls clicking.

Blame should obviously not be pinned on either man. It's pretty much what a lot of people think of the WWE nowadays. They'll watch for the occasional Austin or Rock appearance, and tune out.

At least the show got an overall impressive rating.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.